Why do Germans cars depreciate faster than Japanese cars?

Why do Germans cars depreciate faster than Japanese cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CswrImFOHes
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cost of maintenance.

Who is this tumblr cutie taking a picture of herself and possibly trying to pass it off as if another human being took it, but that's not the case because she's some lonely awkward girl with no friends that people on this board would like because most of the people here are weirdos too.

youtu.be/CswrImFOHes

i wish i was a moderately cute girl so beta cucks would give me free money

Rice tax

Ugh, she has one of those annoying european accents.

cause they're usually driven by top tier cocks and they are about as reliable as chinese made plastic screwdrivers sold for 99p

>america now reflects the world

They never make it to 200k kms, jap cars can double that.

muh jdm

drift tax and the fact that 90% of German cars look exactly the same year-to-year.

>2016
>Being this lonely and sad

Fuck bro, you made me feel depressed.

>t. irrelevant, proven retarded yuropoor with a diesel fiat that thinks his opinion matters

Because Japanese cars don't break down as often as German cars unless you are Nissan or Mitsubishi.

They can, but it's just expensive and not really worth it unless you absolutely love the car. You'd spend as much as buying and maintaining a new euro car.

fpbp.

Can testify. Our last Mini punched a solid hole in our bank account, to the tune of $5K over 8 years.

Resale sucked too. We only got 25% of new cost on trade in even though it was a convertible.

because slimy germans cant build cars worth a fuck, no wonder they depreciate in value fast

because of the bmw/mercedes reliability meme

Older 3 series and E class mercs can last well over 500,000 km. They can and are maintained in complete shithole countries within Africa with that kind of mileage. Take a look at the north africans and their old mercs (mainly old W123s and W114s). Most of them are still running to this day with over 300,000 km under their belts in a desert fucking country.

E30s are fucking bullet proof and used by most rally schools as starter cars because they are very hard to kill.

German cars did go to shit after the 90s and they got more finicky. They do require more maintaince and than an average honda. This makes it more likely for your average joe to skip the expensive items and hurt the car in the long run. Which is why you see soo many broken german cars.

I own an E39 540i and a W212 e350. Merc has 100k on it and nothing but oil changes and the regular stuff like brake pads, filters, etc..

The e39 has 280k on it and I've recently done the timing guides and seals all around since the chain was rattling. Should be good for another 150k.

Dont buy into the meme user.

The real question is, why do cars like those big American sedans from ~2000 which are reliable as hell if you perform basic maintenance, and are cheap as shit to maintain, so cheap in the used market. I bought a 2005 lesabre with 45 k on the clock for less than some asshole wanted for an accord sedan of similar vintage with four times the mileage.

Because you like here, and people don't like domestics for some stupid fucking reason.

because everything is a meme.

No but seriously, jap cars are nothing special. Late 90s corollas had a recall for intake manifolds cracking under 150,000 km. All cars are prone to failure. It just depends on the operator/user.

Because they are more expensive to start off with

They don't. Luxury cars depreciate faster than economy cars.

$5k over 8 years?
That's really fucking good
Like 50 dollars a month... lmao

German "reliability".

>she

Surprise!

>Why do Germans cars depreciate faster than Japanese cars?

This sadly doesn't happen in Europe, we have the opposite situation because of the german top quality and realiability meme (also every car magazine is paid by vag or german brands).

German cars are reliable if you take them in for maintenance regularly. Unfortunately that costs money and time.

Americans prefer to treat their cars like televisions or refrigerators. Run them until they die, then buy a new one. Honda and Toyota figured that out. The Germans, in their teutonic arrogance, refuse.

Honestly this. Japanese cars are no more reliable than American or German cars. In my experience, some American cars will actually be more reliable if take care of. Hell, I had a customer get 545k miles out of a lesabre and all he did was follow my maintenance recommendations to the letter.

Because German cars are less reliable

>Why do Germans cars depreciate faster than Japanese cars?

-Less reliable
-More expensive parts
-More expensive labor

>sour grapes because he cant afford a german car