Veeky Forums, what's your "driving philosophy"?

Veeky Forums, what's your "driving philosophy"?
Do you like to "drive tastefully" or "drive it like you stole it"? I like both of them, but most of the times i drive just chilling it, just a few times i like to push to the limit maybe during night on curvy, empty streets

slow & steady

Depends.

>"driving philosophy"

This is stupid. Either you drive like you're sane and competent or you're an asshole who shouldn't be driving at all.

if you can't afford to drive it like you stole it then you can't afford it

That saying makes no sense. I'd drive extra carefully if I had stolen a car because I don't want to be stopped for avoidable things and caught.

This is retarded. This is probably my biggest problem with a lot of outlooks in general; nothing is black and white. You don't "either drive like a sane person or drive like an asshole that shouldn't be driving at all." Where do we draw the line? Is there a certain point above the speed limit, or a certain speed of cornering, or an exact following distance where you become the "asshole that shouldn't be driving at all"?

Fuck off with that. If you're going to make these claims, at least provide fucking guidelines. inb4 you say "just do the speed limit and maintain legal following distance; obey the law," but we all know you don't, and that's a shit argument.

Well ive got a diesel ford focus and I'm kinda notorious around my friends for treating it like shit and trying to race everything. Mind you it has a 0-100 time in just under 10 seconds and has a fuel economy of less than 6l/100ks

Its pointless, just give it up. All these "discussions" by internet sjw cruisaders are going to completely de-ball all of us eventually worldwide and there will be nothing but virtuall sex and piggy back riding on automated hydrogen cars left.

The dream is over.

>You don't "either drive like a sane person or drive like an asshole that shouldn't be driving at all."

Try giving that explanation next time you get pulled over.

Either learn how to drive properly or do everybody else on the road a favor and don't drive at all.

i live my life 1320feet at a time.

Car thieves are usually dumb

Ever thought about buying a bigger gas tank?

Shitty argument. I'm not arguing for the state here, pal, I'm curious as to if you have a better way of judging whether drivers are "competent" of "assholes."

Posted speed limits change every once in a while, driving laws differ around the world, most government in general is a really shit way to base your sense of good and bad. Enjoy being lawcucked, assfaggot.

So you're saying, if I'm a completely "competent" driver, but I do 90 in 45 clear, straight, empty two lane road that I know never sees pedestrians or animals, because it's fucking suburban Texas, one with no houses on either side, no chance of anyone getting hurt, or at least not much more than if I were going 60, that I'm an incompetent asshole who needs to do everyone a favor and stop driving because maybe a cop could pull me over for that?

I bet you don't like weed either, unless you're in Colorado or Washington, and then it must be ok in your books right.

I'm assuming you're American because, as an American, only an American could be as lawcucked as you.

t. grew up most of my life with military and law enforcement, family and such. None of them are as lawcucked as you, Veeky Forums autist.

B-both? What if I drive it fast yet smooth? The sensation of climbing into redline while not doing full throttle is fun

>empty two lane road that I know never sees pedestrians or animals

Thing is that you don't know. You just make the assumption and presume it to be true. All it takes is a one random ass deer and you fucked your car up if your lucky. I heard tons of stories from people like you who presume to "know" what they're doing because they've done it a million times before. Next thing they know they've hit the guard rail because something out of the ordinary happened.

>Texas
Explains a lot.

>All it takes is a one random ass deer and you fucked your car up if your lucky.

Wtf do you care?

Driving in general works like that. I *get* what you are trying to articulate. I understand. Hell, a deer could come out if I'm going 45 and still fuck my car up. What I'm trying to get through your thick skull, is that basing whether someone is a competent driver or a stupid asshole based on completely arbitrary things like whatever speed limit is posted at the time on a given road, is entirely fucking autistic.

Relax and enjoy the experience.

Your Z? here is mine

Sadly not since they're rare as all hell in eastern europe. I do hope to have one someday though, in maroon and maybe with a G-nose.
Got any more pictures of yours? She's a beaut.

They are rare here in canada and the ones you do find are expensive and extremely rusty.

I drive overconfidently, above limits, like an asshole, etc, but on the other hand I'm careful where accidents are more likely happen or in unfamiliar environments, I also seem to make way for pedestrians more often than average (I can't stand people who are fucking traffic jams and unpredictable with their braking, but still won't people cross the street? wtf)

When I'm in familiar places where things are unlikely to happen (can't say 'wont happen', because you never know) I hit the gas and enjoy the ride

defensively around town
"make good progress" on the highway
go like hell on track

I paid 10k for mine in fl and it's still got a good amount of rust, pretty much everywhere except california's prices are all pretty inflated. I still paid too much though.

Ride at your limit, otherwise..

This. Tbh I've given up on not driving like an asshole in that I will weave through traffic like its my job.