Ok I got a Mitsubishi mirage n I'm trying to get this nut off the pully so I can get to the timing belt and camshaft...

Ok I got a Mitsubishi mirage n I'm trying to get this nut off the pully so I can get to the timing belt and camshaft and crankshaft.
I've tried heating it up, using a cheater bar, and air tools like an impact wrench if you have any idea let me know

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Lisle-77080-Harmonic-Balancer-Socket/dp/B00RGNCV1U
youtube.com/watch?v=2_FEKDTcYgU
youtube.com/watch?v=sddl2EbF10M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, is the problem that its stuck or that you cant get the pulley to stand still when trying to get the nut off?

It's reverse threaded you cunt

I'm dying

put a breaker bar on it, angle it so its on the ground, jar the motor with the starter to break free

This lol

OP bolts holding pulleys are always threaded the opposite way so they don't spin themselves off are you not using a manual?

they arent on domestic cars

It's stuck

Tried that already didn't do shit

Well, considered ?

Try reverse-unscrewing with a LONG breaker bar and a fat buddy/your mother

Something like the long handle of a large floor jack plus a cut spanner will do nicely

What kind of impact wrench do you have?
Anything less than a 1/2" wont do shit.

If its the crank pulley, put your socket on it along with a breaker bar. Position the end of the breaker bar about an inch off the ground to the right of the pulley.

Crank the engine for a hot second, this will slam the breaker bar into the ground and basically the engine will break the nut free with its own cranking power.

Make sure that its reverse threaded or else youll just destroy everything and be utterly fucked.

It was a friend's I'm not sure but it was prolly garbage and the air compressor was only like an 80 gallon and we didn't let it get in the red cause we didn't want to break it

Generally you use a frame member but this is the method.

How do you not remember the drive size of the socket you used

Because I'm stupid ass hat. Pretty sure it was 17mm

No, the drive size. As in most air tools start at 3/8 inch drive and go up from there.

Like I said I'm dumb if I had it I'd be able to tell but it's no longer in my house

Position the wrench so that you can place a jack under it.
Jack up the jack.
Make sure it's not reverse thread.

hahahahahhahaha

Took a pulley off an engine at the jy yesterday, wasn't reverse threaded
Car was a subaru gl

You need a special weighted socket to break those loose.
You almost cannot otherwise.

Not all engines spin in the same direction, so not all crank bolts are reverse threaded.

Mitsubishi I believe all spin clockwise, and so their crank bolt is reverse threaded.

amazon.com/Lisle-77080-Harmonic-Balancer-Socket/dp/B00RGNCV1U
youtube.com/watch?v=2_FEKDTcYgU

youtube.com/watch?v=sddl2EbF10M
Hondas run in counter clockwise, and have a normal threaded crank bolt.

So exactly like I said then ya cunt?

>timing belt
Are you sure that the engine isn't fucked already?

If not it will be soon, I mean op can't get one single fucking nut off, this car is fucked

put it in 1st, have a buddy hold the brakes and use a 22mm and a LONG cheater bar to loosen that bolt. Torque spec on those is tight as fuck lol

I've never used a special socket and I've gotten harmonic balancers off on mitsu's before. Air tools make life easy