Qtddtot: thread own their deserve don't that questions

Didnt see one, so here's one now.

I have a 12 volt 200 amp turbocharger I got for cheap (DB Electrical ABO0366) and im trying to figure out what each terminal means so I can hook it up properly for my power generation project. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Metra-99-5027-1995-2011-Installation-Single/dp/B0087BYF3M/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Ford|54&Model=Explorer|663&Year=2004|2004&ie=UTF8&n=1077068&newVehicle=1&s=car&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive
amazon.com/BOSS-508UAB-Single-DIN-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00HZA6E94/ref=redir_mobile_desktop/161-1514414-0469416?ie=UTF8&keywords=Car radio&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1478148779&ref_=mp_s_a_1_13&sr=8-13
amazon.com/Metra-70-5521-Radio-Wiring-Harness/dp/B000K50GTA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1478161423&sr=8-4&keywords=ford wiring harness
bonnieheights.com/adjusting-drum-brakes-toyota
youtu.be/IMUQOcEiFfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've got an '85 RX-7, and I was just wondering how to get this wide look. Are wheel spacers the only option?

thats going to rub like hell in the canyons

BACKSPAClNGTFO

>mfw this retard doesn't know what wide offset wheels are or fender rolling
Kys

which is why I posted in the shit question thread

Is buying a 2006 BMW with 100,000+ miles a bad idea? For certain reasons I can't buy a small car like Miata's or Honda civics

Does anyone know how ignition timing works in a Trabant? Does it still have a camshaft to drive the distributor? How is the camchaft driven without a belt?

Been looking for a civic hatchback and this popped up near me, I can't tell from the weird angle, but it looks like a sedan

Feel free to call me retarded as you confirm/deny

Stance !!

Car is on donuts.

That thing was beat on

Yeah, it's a 400$ shell. It's pretty close to what I'm looking for, a cheap Honda hatch that can take a cheap b20 and drive to places.

I'll probably move on from this one though

4 door sedan
On donuts

Do not buy

U fucking wot
Leave this board and never come back

OK, judge this one for me bros. Please bear in mind I'm very unwilling to up my price range for the type of car I'm looking for (that is, first car for 22 year old brother)

If I looked at this in person I could make a better judgement, but if it still runs it can't be anything that 500$ won't fix

Can I use normal wire to connect my antenna to the radio? The wire needs to be soldered to the radio so Id rather just buy some wire if I can get away with it

>can't be anything that 500$ won't fix
Yeah sure, what could possibly be wrong with a car that dove off a cliff and clearly has far more than $500 damage visible in one pic? That car is totaled.

If you have the money to fix whatever breaks, European cars are expensive to fix

Whenever i go around tight corners (like roundabouts) at say 20kmh my oil lwill come on but go away when car straightens out. Checking dip stick says oil at mac level? What do?

Does anyone have or know where to find info on drive train swaps on 1St gen Honda Fit/Jazz? On my 07 I was thinking of importing the transmission and rear axle assembly from a AWD JDM SI and importing it to Canada but I have no idea if there's parts like a rear subframe

Just got a 92 mercury sable, 45k-53k miles on it only

What kind of issues would I have with it?

That's weird if your full on oil, try changing it and see how much comes out vs how much is supposed to be in there

Same user again, is there any reason this seems like a bad deal?

This would be less of a starter car for my bro and more of a fun thing to drive on the windy road to work car for me

Is this all I need to replace my 2004 ford explorer's radio?
amazon.com/Metra-99-5027-1995-2011-Installation-Single/dp/B0087BYF3M/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Ford|54&Model=Explorer|663&Year=2004|2004&ie=UTF8&n=1077068&newVehicle=1&s=car&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive
amazon.com/BOSS-508UAB-Single-DIN-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00HZA6E94/ref=redir_mobile_desktop/161-1514414-0469416?ie=UTF8&keywords=Car radio&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1478148779&ref_=mp_s_a_1_13&sr=8-13
amazon.com/Metra-70-5521-Radio-Wiring-Harness/dp/B000K50GTA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1478161423&sr=8-4&keywords=ford wiring harness

Also any tips before a /g/entooman actually does it? I know turn off the power just to be safe, and removing the front plate looks easy as hell.

Also my car clicks and very low speeds (usually in second gear). Any idea's why it does that? It sounds like it's coming from the back side. The previous owner (a friend) took it to a few places to have it checked out and they couldn't figure out whats wrong with it.

I've got a 5.0HO Motor, 4 Core Radiator, and 180F thermostat.
That's literally all the modifications that have been made.

After a lot of spirited driving I got home, and not only was the radiator lukewarm the intake wasn't even hot enough to scare my hand away.

Is this actually a problem? I heard if I'm not building up enough heat I could be scoring shit by oil not building up.

I do not have a temperature gauge, but I need to make one.

So i live in a shitty city and whenever it rains high streams of water appear on the streets, i drive my car against the current and it stops accelerating when i hit the gas, next time i turn on the car the yellow engine light pops up (it dissapears after a day of two), this has happened twice now. Is this normal?, am i doing anything wrong?

zero offset wheels

Fender flares, fender cutting/rolling and deep dish wheels.

Unless you can work on it and can afford the sundry special tools to work on it, no its a bad idea.

Especially if pic related.

Your engine is sucking in water and misfiring, the misfire is popping up the CEL, quit driving it in anything deeper than your foot, you could potentially hydrolock it if its deep enough and blow your engine.

Your intake will probably be the coolest part of the engine.

That being said if you have a stuck open thermostat, the engine wont warm up to operating temp no matter how hard you're running.

If you're running synthetic I wouldn't worry much about scoring, if you're running conventional yes, it could be a problem.

>want that classic Toyota look
>looking at MR2's
>everyone tells me that RWD is dangerous and causes the car to flip the fuck out when cornering hard
>and that manual steering is hard and not worth it
>and the tax and insurance will be ludicrous because the UK wants everyone to drive eco diesel shitboxes

What do?

>everyone tells me that RWD is dangerous and causes the car to flip the fuck out when cornering hard
>and that manual steering is hard and not worth it

Christ are you brits so cucked as to be scared of driving now?

The parking brake of my Nissan primera p11 is fucked, the left side doesn't hold

Right one is 1,5kn whereas the left is 0,2kn

What do?

haha what? ive driven RWD nearly my whole life and its all ive owned since my first car, you wont flip cornering hard. also manual steering is easy unless you have bitch arms

what kind of Ebrake design is it? if it has rear drum brakes or rear disc brakes drum parking brake shoes, they need adjusting likely

Yeah, government shits on us pretty hard. Remember every road has like 20 speed cameras on it.

Yeah, I should probably just ignore them. Probably being bitches. Though the tax and insurance will probably still be absolutely mad.

Rear drum brakes I guess
How hard is adjusting them?

>What's up with the head units in modern cars?
They're all molded plastic around touch screens and proprietary shit, right? Or is it only the cars I've seen?
What if the stereo sounds like ass, what do you replace it with? Are you just stuck with what it come with?
I like my replaceable head unit and head unit sized storage box

>what if the stereo sounds like ass, what do you replace it with?

An overpriced proprietary stereo that fits into the slot.

Depends on how they're designed. IIRC some cars only brake one side when pulled.

In my bmw you have to loosen the cable at the lever then line up a hole the disc with the adjustment screw and back it all the way the off then retension it til it holds.

There are stockish looking unit that are basic looking as fuck.

Odds are if your system sounds like shit you'll need to redo/rewire the entire system with new speakers and add an amp. If you're not familiar with rewiring cars i wouldn't attempt it.

for most vehicles its just the same as this link, you take the drum off then use a flathead screwdriver to spin the star. you will see the adjuster push out, if its going in youre spinning it the wrong way and have to go the other way. do a few spins then put the drum back on, you want just a bit of drag. if the drum wont go back on, you expanded it too much and need to retract it

if after adjustment your Ebrake still doesnt work it sounds like a cable issue

bonnieheights.com/adjusting-drum-brakes-toyota

The rear brakes function well with the pedal though

Shit my bad, it's a disc brake after all
So what do?

On a scale of $-$$$$$ what would a 5th gen v6 mustang be?

Any difference with manual and automatic trannies?

Im looking to replace the ignition lock cylinder in my truck. It's a manual but almost everything I find online is for automatics. Can I just put an automatic one in there and not care about having the little button lock or will it not work at all?

Pic for attention and related.

>I know turn off the power just to be safe
I hope by turn off the power you mean disconnect the battery

I saw this on ebay, and yes, I know it's stupid but I kind of dig it. They only sell an empty shell with the key blank. Has anyone ever messed with one of these before? Is it as simple as putting the transponder/keypad from your key and fob into the new housing, and just having the key cut?

what's in between the radiator and intercooler and sprays out green foamy shit under pressure from a small opening underneath?

Are you fucking blind

25,000$ budget

Need a new DD.

What are some good options?

FD3S

Do people still understand flash to pass?

Let's say I pick up an AW10 MR2, is it possible to redo the head unit to add a modern GPS/nav? I really want one but I also enjoy having some modern amenities.

What % extra would one expect to pay due to being 'previously uninsured' (and for how long) over a normal insurance policy?

How do I know I need to change my tires?

use a penny to check the tread.

What glue should I use to reattach my side view mirror?

The assembly and everything is fine, it's just the mirror glue that came loose

Dude quit over thinking things, and use common sense, you'll never accomplish anything in life otherwise.

What exactly are you asking? Price of the car, or price of maintenance or what?

The emergency/parking brake operates on a separate cable instead of the regular hydraulic line. Otherwise it would be useless as an emergency brake if your regular brakes failed.

Odds are if its a disc its going to be a similar method to how I described adjusting my BMW's brakes. However you'll need to find an actual repair manual, or forum dedicated to your car to find the method of adjustment.

They make high strength mirror glue available at vatozone, or depending on how the mirror is attached you can simply order another mirror preglued in the attached plastic.

Insurance varies from state to state, county to county and person to person, so its likely no-one here can tell you other than you putting effort into actually getting a quote for several insurance companies.

How old are they? Do they have dry rotting? is the tread wear uneven (is it thick one side and thin on the other side of the tire)? How much tread is left?

That's all things you need to be asking, or looking at.

No

Rephrase the question and or provide a picture.

>(you)

>(you)

depends where you live. In the UK its mental

ah fak guys, sorry. USA, Michigan specifically.

it cant vary THAT much state to state can it? I dont mean the base cost, i just mean the extra on top.

Yes it does, NC Insurance was close to 500$ cheaper over My SC insurance for six months, when I moved.

Within SC my insurance was 100$ higher in Spartanburg county vs Oconee county.

Insurance companies keep up with things like frequency of accidents, population, amount of age groups in said population even down to the zip code in some situations. They have to make the most amount of profit.

get a v8

Are you talking about the base cost of insurance, or the extra on top* like I'm asking about. Cuz it sounds like you're talking about base cost, ie the cost if you were a previously insured driver.

*the extra cost you'll have to pay if you're a 'previously uninsured' driver.

Would a nice pair of mud tires and a set of high lbs winches be ok for reasonable offroading in a 2wd truck?

What is this stuff on my wheels? I got new winter tires put onto my stock rims, and now this gooey stuff is all over my rims.

tire mounting lubricant

Is it normal to leak like that?

in the shop I used to work at it, it was more of a goo that would dry over time. They used the paste type stuff that you apply and it dosent drip.

Yeah, you'll have some excess if the wheels weren't cleaned. Its not designed to help seal, its just there to aid in the rubber slipping onto the rim without tearing shit.

What is a turbo and what does it do? A co-worker suggested I get an aftermarket turbo for my car to replace the stock turbo

I know it's obvious from this post but I know fuckall about cars

it charges your battery

a supercharger is basically an air compressor, it spins fast and compresses air to make it more dense. denser air in a cylinder, more bang, more power.

a turbo is a supercharger that is run by a turbine spun from from your exhaust.

Bad news user. Michigan has some of the highest rates in the country.

We are a "no fault" state, google it.

Try USAA insurance and progressive for lowest rates in the southeast lower Michigan area.

Wheel spacers are unsafe and for faggot poorfags that can't afford wheels with the right offset

I have an 84 190E with the 4 cylinder. Recently it hs been having some trouble starting in the cold weather. Takes a while to crank and sometimes sputters and dies. Once the engine gets running and you go out for a drive it is fine though.

Until today. Car wouldn't start at all, just kept cranking. Took off the air box and started it without the filter to see if that was the problem. It sputtered to life, coughed out some white smoke, and then died again. Since then it starts (now with air filter on) and just keeps dying right away, seeming to "choke." With the white smoke, am I looking at a headgasket issue? What else might be the problem?

Couldn't find that. So I got "gorilla tape" insead.

Trying to get started in either rally car racing, or just normal track racing. Any tips on car to buy and how to jump into it? Preferably around 5k, and reliable as fuck.

>Miata

As far as the rally thing goes, I'm curious as well. Looking at getting a 3 door focus for RallyCross.

As a brake control engineer for a major OEM, I can tell you that the rear end of the vehicle would slip before a roll over. That's an extremely low center of gravity vehicle.

Yeah I hear the golf is pretty good too. My coworker is into it and apparently really wants me to do it. I can obviously only afford one of these hobbies in terms of both time and money, so I might just take his expert help and do rally instead.

Bro, do rally. I'm just now buying a project car again for the first time in years and I'm hoping to get into some sort of rally sport. Where are you located?

Rubber seals and hoses may be an issue in a few thousand, as is typical of older low mileage cars. Also if that has the same transmission as the following gen Sable (something like 99-06) prepare to replace it at least once before 130k

There is no 'base cost' there are minimums that the insurance has to cover in event of accident, but they can charge whatever hell they want.

It doesn't sound like you've ever had insurance.

*It sounds like you've never had insurance or don't know how it operates.

Its not a commodity.

If you don't know what it is and its not broken then you probably don't need to replace it.

Odds are you don't even have one.

Why the fuck are there no instructions on how to install mud flaps without the factory mounting holes? My car didn't come with factory mudflap holes. I'm only able to find info on no-drill rally armors.

2009 Nisan sentra
136k miles
$3.5k claims its in good condition
would this be a good buy?
I'm not looking for speed, just reliability, halfway decent gas mileage, and an aux port for my phone
old car went rip today :(

The maintenaince.
But I was also curious how it would compare to the other vehicles in the sticky but it's unimportant I guess.

60% - 150% based on your risk profile

My truck is having trouble starting. The radio comes on so I know the battery isn't completely drained, but this happens:

youtu.be/IMUQOcEiFfE

It's been having some issues with starting for a few weeks, but the engine has always turned over, even if only slowly at first. What's happening now, with turning the key only producing electrical flcikering, is new.

What's going on with my truck? What needs to get replaced?

I can tell you from experience living in michigan and going without insurance for like 8 months, my price was around 50% more because of it when I did get it

There is literally no reason to buy anything but a V8 Manual Mustang of that era.

Ford's auto's suck and their V6's of that era got only marginal MPG's over their V8's with miserable power out put.

Repairs are going to be cheap regardless of if you get the V8 or V6

When I start my car cold and turn the wheel side to side (car is stationary) it feels like the steering lags behind my wheel movement a bit. Power steering fluid is full, could it be the power steering pump? And if so, what would you recommend for action on it right now? As a note, after the car has been running for only a few minutes the steering feels completely normal.