Anyone got any experience with Cerwin Vega car speakers, not subs...

Anyone got any experience with Cerwin Vega car speakers, not subs? Having a real hard time finding any information about them. From what little I have heard, they handle the mids and highs really well but their lows are lacking. I plan to pair them with a sub so thats not an issue.

The other contenders are Pioneer and Rockford Fosgates. Leaning to the Pioneer between them because the Fosgates have poor highs.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15364893/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15360142
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15602048/driving-music
theindychannel.com/news/local-news/2-killed-in-fiery-crash-near-downtown-indy
amazon.com/JBL-GTO938-9-Inch-3-Way-Loudspeaker/dp/B003KN2TGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're shit

I want to change the stock speakers to the best that would fit under the original covers. Are there any good sites for compatibility?

Keep it stock.

Tbh, on most cars stock speakers outperform most aftermarket stuff with just an amp and some tweaking, but they are more fragile and easier to damage.

Are you serious, honest question. I always got the impression that most stock speakers were trash.

They are except on a few exceptions, that guy has his head in his ass.

He is full of shit. They're mostly paper with tiny magnets. Car audio is just a complete waste of money if your current speakers work.

Look for a frequency response plot for the speakers.

You are intrested in SPL, and SNR over the audible spectrum 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz.

Most car head units have SNR of only 74 dB which is stupid low, so if the speakers have an SNR above that of the head unit you wont hear any distortion from the speakers.

You're not mistaken

>Car audio is just a complete waste of money if your current speakers work.

Says a guy who never once in his life had a decent set of speakers.

Cerwin vega speakers are shit. Even their component sets.

What did they sound like?

Were do i find this bracket? I cant find anything nice for my 3 point mounts

Hollow mids and brittle treble, no matter how I treated my doors. They even sounded like shit free air or sealed.

Think ill just go with the pioneer. Its a difference of about 5 dollars and Pioneer seams to be on a roll lately.

if the speakers work just leave them alone. a car is a terrible place for audio.

Going to have to disagree. The car is one of the best places on earth for audio. One of the few places you can listen to music uninterrupted.

I find pioneer tweeters are unbalanced as far as output goes with they're component sets, but if you can run them active or you're happy with eqing them lower you will be miles ahead. Im a huge cerwin vega! Fan but im also pretty discriminating for audio.

sure it's good to listen to but it's a terrible place to try to get quality audio unless you're car is tomb quiet.

I dont think anyones talking about building a sound room. But being able to hear all the notes of the music you are listening to is worth the money.

>if they "work"

Audiophile cringe b8

>a car is not an ideal environment for audio

That doesn't mean you cant vastly improve the sound quality with new equipment

>NOT sound proofing your entire car under the carpet

>Are you serious, honest question. I always got the impression that most stock speakers were trash.

Don't compare old times with new times. In the past 5 years, there has been a quiet revolution in OEM car audio as manufacturers decided that it could be profitable to make money by supplying the premium audio systems as OEM options. It's why you saw such a change in car audio in the past 15 years as not only the high end cars had better audio, but the manufacturers did it for lower end cars too.

This is a response from someone who doesnt know anything about car audio.

Stock is usually trash.

Stocks usually trash, bro.

And this is a response from someone whi doesnt care about music.

CV is far above pioneer. Hard to say CV vs Fosgate. If T series then fosgate. If fosgate is competing with anything but their t series, then CV V469. Personally installed them. Very soft, pleasant speakers for under $100. But if money isnt an issue either Morel Virtus or any high tier image dynamics system. Dont fall for the JL Audio meme, either. Good but nowhere near worth the money.

>a car is a terrible place for audio.

You mean YOUR car is a terrible place for audio. Some people add soundproofing and use multiple methods to accomplish that. Dynamat is an old method and remains cost effective versus more effective newer methods such as the one from 3M. But the 3M method is more expensive.

There are also computerized spatial correction systems. With the use of test signals and microphones, they measure the sound environment and process the signal to fit the environment as well as your speaker placement.

Check out one of the archived sound proofing threads at:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15364893/

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15360142

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15602048/driving-music

>Buying a car within the last 5 years
>Buying a car that drive its self
theindychannel.com/news/local-news/2-killed-in-fiery-crash-near-downtown-indy

Crutchfield or sonic electronix

I have these JBLs, they are quite dirty.

amazon.com/JBL-GTO938-9-Inch-3-Way-Loudspeaker/dp/B003KN2TGM

>a car is a terrible place for audio
then how do you listen to fat bangers

I drive a 14 chevy silverado for work and the music on that system may as well be a different song compared to whats played on my good headphones I use at home.

Speakers dont have a signal to noise ratio you toothless inbred. jesus christ

Just a random google image find.
Try this

They were decent ~15 years ago, but I can't speak for their quality now though.

While not the best, I've always found Pioneer speakers to give you the most for your money..

From all the vehicles I've ridden in, cars have a better sounding audio environment than trucks.

I use sony mdr-v9 headphones at home and their reproduction nuance is vastly superior to car audio speakers. But I still like listening to music on car speakers when there is that "chest thumping" type physical sound. Headphones simply cannot provide that alternate source of feedback that adds to the enjoyment of music.

Its not a matter of audio environment its a matter of stock speakers being incapable of delivering balanced sound or even being capable of playing the full range of frequencies in the songs.

As for feeling the music, I completely agree. Thats the reason to have a good system in your car when you can listen to it load with out bothering other people with your musical taste. I know mine would.

CV destroys Pioneer, now. Always have.

only if we were talking about subwoofers

Amps too!
CV speakers too... But thats an opinion because of soundstage. CV speakers are built to be loud and not harsh. They are soft in tone.

Pioneers engineering team is all about what the cool kids want, which is usually trash. But Pioneer can make a very good set of speakers i'll admit but they really have to be tuned to not shreik at high volumes. What the excel at vibrancy they also excel at fatigueing sound.