60k miles, $12k

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

robisonservice.com/servicedep/rolls_info.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good luck with replacement parts

That's a nigger tier purchase

Are you rich enough to spend that amount 5 times over in parts? then sure

Bentleys have poor reliability when brand-new. Why would you buy a 23yo one?

"Hand-made" is a meme.

>pushrods

Isn't the Turbo R the one with only 4 gears and enough spacing between each-other that you can fit a whole gearbox in there?

There is a reason it's so cheap.

It had a 3 spd gm automatic and then a 4l80e in the later turbo rs.

They are bound to be junk and theres and reason you see so many of them fall into a state of disrepair, because they do cost insane amounts of money to repair and maintain. Its an ancient handmade coachbuilt british turbod v8, if that doesnt sound like the most unreliable thing in the world to you, i dont know what does.

OP here, the guy said he'd take $7k, so should I gamble on flipping it on eBay?

I'd try it. $7k isn't that much of a loss to say you owned a Bentley.

robisonservice.com/servicedep/rolls_info.asp

This page describes thing that comminly go wrong, and then you have the quirks with the turbocharged variant of the rolls 6.75 in the mix as well. A lot of services require proprietary tools and take several hours on end to perform, plus the car has a hydraulic system as well for you to contend with as well. Bushings every 20k, brake pads more often because heavy car,everything costs several hundred dollars at the very minimum because its a bentley, this car doesnt have much going for it, it looks archaic and it has also aged like milk they stretch into the late 90s looking like that. It also goes like syrup too despite the fact its turbocharged. It can only hustle mildly in a straight line and its God awful in the corners as well.

>buying a moneypit
Yes, be stupid and do it. I mean if it makes you feel any better I bought a $35,000 Royce and payed more fixing it than I did buying it.

How to make a small fortune in british cars:

Start with a large fortune.

No. If you don't buy it to keep and enjoy you should just get a fucking camry.

Keke best meme ever xd

There's nothing wrong with flipping a car.

Is a Maserati Quattroporte also a bad buy?

Yes. Pretty much the exact same issue. Expensive to obtain parts (basically made by ferrari) Italian build quality, has an early automated manual which goes out a lot and requires a new clutch every 10k miles.

Might just get a 2006 Lotus Elise instead then, fuck it.

Yeah. Wheeler Dealers did a Maserati 3200-something a while back. They mentioned the expense of parts.

I'd do that all day ever day over any higher tier cars that would be horrendous to work on. I can't imagine the ones with Toyota engines are too brutal when something needs fixed.

Just shy of 200hp and 2000lbs weight should be plenty of fun times to drive.

Why do you want something exotic yet can't afford the maintenance? These car companies business model is built in mind having customers with more money than they can possibly spend. It's like Prada sunglasses vs $50 sunglasses, do the same or maybe not even be as good.

An user can dream, I will probably mortgage a house instead of renting an apartment anyway, I already have 2 good cars.