Poorfag rally cars

Poorfag here looking to start rallying with some buddies, any suggestions for cheap rides that don't suck too bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYe_nFPvyzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

American cars pls

I mean cars available in America

Miata :^)

Anything that runs and has an engine

You're going to fuck shit up anyways

FWD, short wheelbase, Mcpherson strut suspension. I think older Focuses are popular. I assume you have a local place that runs rally events? See what people are running there.

a cheap subie

Buy a rotted out subie then patch up all the rust with sheet metal, then maybe cage it and your done

Well. I love my crown vic. 2 wheel drive inna little v8. They are 1-2 grand all day long on craigslist. Gather up a few and then start buying 400 dollar parts cars and stockpile. Fullsize. Easy to work on. The cop cars have factory dual stainless exhaust. Stiffer suspension. And a little more power.

Cant beat it unless u find a 1000 honda on facebook. Anybhonda with the 3.2jdm v6 is good too. Those little mutherfuckers dont redline till like 6 or 8 grand and u can run it against the governer all fucking day.

I made a rally car on accident kinda.

Had an acure with 3.2ltr and a faggot at work hit my car with a skid loader and fucked my shit up. So i welded brackets to the outside of the bumper for the radiator and ziptied my ford ranger headlight to it and drove it 40 miles one way down a dirt road. Always running late. Then after work they let us play in the mine so we always ramp little shit and do backwards donuts.

Litterally to the floor for almost 59,000 miles. It got up to 150k and i got a car that wasnt all fucked up and i sold it.

This 100%.

Bonus points for collecting the most common cars for parts.

We do this shit all the time.

I bought a limo in a junkyard and fixed it and drove it home monday.

This screenshot is from this morning.

By myself at work cutting donuts laughing my ass off...

this. I just picked up an 04 focus zx3 to make into a very amature rally thing/ fun daily. so far new struts, shocks, sway bar ends, and ice tires and it legitimately is a ton of fun on gravel roads. enough power for trouble stock. legit SVT suspension kits are cheap af, like $300 for everything and make a huge difference. 10/10 would buy again

Here in straya there is a rally series based entirely around the hyundai excel. You can rally anything but something small and light is a good start.

>pigfat landbarges for rallying
fuck that

Dodge neon

youtube.com/watch?v=sYe_nFPvyzo

Not your blog, faggot

MK1 Focus, It's becoming more and more popular for low budget Rally.

Also used as FAI supercar still.

And now I'm going to dump pictures.

Focus, you pleb.

Surprisingly first few years of the em2 and rsx have worked ok for people. Seen cobalts do well also though those are front wheel drive cars plus if you do ff you need a tune for better engine mounts and low front weight no matter what. You'd also need to do whatever you can for quick rpm gains, mostly for turning and having the over and understeer more controllable.

This. Thats why em2 and rsx work fine as well.

Used an 04 focus too.. Your going to fucking destroy it so make sure parts are plentiful in your area. I also used a fwd 92 celica that was decent.. Old Toyota's last goddam forever despite being abused.

Dodge Neon

They're fucking cheap, reasonably durable and to fix, used parts are common as dirt. PT Cruiser is a Neon wagon basically. so you can use some parts from them too.

Have something a bit different to finish this off.

Dodge Neon

They're surprisingly really good at rally

>mfw want to see a pt cruiser with rally/evo bodykit and rear wing and livery