Who /bought new/ here?

Was it worth it? Any regrets? Do you like knowing that you are the only owner of your car? Do you feel more attached to it because of that fact? Do you feel safer in it knowing that only you have taken care of it?

Must feel so great knowing your car lost $2k in value the moment you drove it out the showroom!

If that's your justification for buying a new car I have bad news for you, your car was abused and maltreated for months before you took it off the lot. It's just like the "I want to be the first person to fart in it" thing. I promise you 20+ people have farted in every new car before it gets delivered to a customer.

I did. I think so, don't regret it at all, I suppose, maybe a little, yeah I guess.

I don't plan on ever buying a used car.

Why would anyone buy a new car when you can get a way better car used for the same price?

Easier to finance a new car. That's the reason 100% of the time.

worse financing
potentially out of warranty
older, so fewer features

certain cars have better prices/values new (in usually an outgoing year or model) than buying used. typically econoboxes.

I like buying new but it depends. I don't always buy new. I know the costs and I know the depreciation so I don't really give a fuck. last car I bought had 5 miles on it so it couldn't have gone on too many test drives.

>Bought a new WRX in 2015
>Value went UP instead of down in 1 year
>Can literally sell my WRX for more than I paid for it new with 20k miles on it

I bought my frs new. It's almost 3 years old. I've owned around 20 used cars before that. No regrets. They only made 2000 monogram editions, and most of them were automatic.

It would be a nightmare trying to find this car used and unabused. I plan on keeping it for at least 10 years.

Bought my evo x new. No ragrets

If you're planning on owning the car for a long time like 10+ years, it's perfectly reasonable

I bought new.

My commute is long and i put somewhere between 50 and 60k km's on my car every year. Ive gone second hand in the past and its probably cheaper in the long run but the maintainence is more annoying and frequent. The extra I spend is just the cost of not having to worry as much about it. Last two vehicles I financed on a 4 year term and flipped them at the end for some value even at high mileage towards the new one.

Wrx . Brady gud

>subushit owners actually believe this

I tried to buy used. I had 2k saved up from my wageslave job and had gotten a new 40k/yr job and needed a car.

I showed up to the dealer and they told me my credit was so bad I only qualified to buy a new car. I was flabbergasted but kept my mouth shut. I ended up with a 2016 car with a $350/mo finance with 10% APR, whatever the fuck APR means kek.

Those fools at the dealership still don't know how badly they fucked up when I take it in for maintenance.

>He thinks HE scammed the stealership

Boy, do I have news for you

Good bait. At least, I really hope so.

>got 4000 off sticker at 0%

Pretty happy

it's bait, no one would brag about 10% APR

if it was only $350 a month with 10% APR the loan would only be for $16,500 meaning the car was worth less than that thanks to sales tax and the title fee.

I bought a 15 Fiesta ST in late 2014, not really any regrets. I bought it new because the used ones were lightly beat on 14s and I wasn't keen on buying a first model year of something. The price difference is pretty negligible between new and used Fiesta's too, at least, at the time.

I'm pretty attached to it, I will say taking it through the break in period my self was comforting. The Recaros had to break in considerably.

Bought a new 2013 Accord and have 160k miles on it so far as it was worth the purchase. Next time I'll buy the hybrid model...

They don't care since they only put $8k down and loaded it with options because the payment was only 33/mo more!

It amazes me how bad people are with their finances

Bought my scirocco new.

I am a freelancer software engineer so tax reduction in europ was amazing + loan interest rate was less than 1%.

would I do it again? Don't think so because I ruined the warranty modding anyway and I'm constantly worried about damaging it since it's so expensive.

Buying Focus ST soon. Might end up buying new because the used ones aren't depreciating for shit, and good incentives + insurance rates + etc.

Plus warranty and no worries about it for a while.

>Was it worth it? Any regrets?

It was worth it to me. I have never owned a car that wasn't purchased new by myself. Sure, I had started off life riding a bicycle and then a small honda motorcycle or bus. So I've moved up the whole vehicle evolution chain from bicycle --> bike/bus --> bus/motorcycle --> bus/car --> car only. I guess the only things left to ride on would be your mom.

Me too, I had a 2015 Focus ST and don't have it anymore, and I think it was perfect cost/performance/value.

>Was it worth it? Any regrets?
I felt it was worth it. The new car was 28,700 sticker but got it at 22.4K with one more option thrown in and 0% for the first year and no penalty for paying off early. You really have to watch for the fine print to make sure you don't have to pay off some finance load penalty for paying it off early.

So it was a good deal and no regrets EXCEPT why the fuck do all these new cars have terrible visibility compared to the older cars. Fucking shitty rear window. Rear view cameras and pedestrian sonar sensors should be mandatory on all these new cars. I cannot see bicycle riders when backing up.

I'm at the point where I have to back into a parking spot if I am to have visibility when leaving the parking lot.

I just graduated from uni, only had like 6 grand saved up, and got a job in a different state and had to move in two weeks. I couldn't take my 04 cavalier with 194k miles, and am looking to buy a house soon, so needed a loan to build my credit (score was 760+ but have very little credit history and only 1 credit card). Bought a new Civic ex-t. It's still worth a little more than I owe on the loan. Not sure if I'd do it again, would probably try to find a used e46 m3 or something, maybe a miata, but I'm happy with the car

people said this when i bought my Honda S2000 AP1 in 2000... 16 years later i still DD her and will never sell her.

So basically YOU are loosing money changing cars.

Bought new, regret it everyday, considering crashing it to total it and start over.

Wat kar?

Buying used is definetely the better decision if you're credit is decent and the car is like 1-3 years old, I bought my Mk7 GTI with 8k miles on it and got it like 10k under MSRP with all the bells and whistles

noice

Was it a 2016?

Good taste br/o/
1.4 tsi or 2.0 tfsi?

I did, no regrets. Brand new car, covered by a warranty with the added bonus of building credit.

Also, in regards to the value plummeting when you leave the lot, GAP insurance is a thing.

1.4 tsi. The twin charged one making 160hp from factory. Never had any issues myself but heard lots of problems for other people

I did, yesterday. Obviously I haven't owned it long enough to decide, but it's my third new car. Having bought 3 used cars, I just prefer new. I can afford it, and I like being the only owner. Removes all of the guess work.

I know Subarus have a stupid markup/resale, but I'm sorry to tell you bud but your '15 isn't worth anymore than you paid for it. Dealer won't give you the price you see them selling for on autotrader/kijiji/craigslist. Privately you're going to have a hell of a time finding someone to buy it straight up with cash. If you try to sell that thing for more than it was worth when you bought it, everyone is going to laugh at you and no one will even come look at your car. You will be low balled into oblivion.

If you're not a retard, you should have no regrets upon purchasing a brand new car. I mean, here is what you probably will get:

A brand new car
A car with the options you want (exterior and interior colors, all your choice)
A car that is maintained by you and you alone

I mean, its cheaper to buy used, but then why when you can get it brand new? Also, this only applies to cars that you really, really want. Like a Ferrari or Lamborghini; something like a dream car.

Nigga you don't buy a dream car USED.

Bump

How is it?

It's a lot of fun. It's very balanced and responsive. I needed something with more than 2 seats or else I probably would have bought a Cayman

You cannot call those things in the back "seats." Seats can usually hold a human being. At best, they'll fit a quadruple amputee

bad ass. good shit family

>owning the same car for 16 years

I applaud you on your loyalty. How many miles on it? How does it feel knowing it can't last forever and you'll eventually be forced to buy something else?

OK m8. Tell that to my 1 year old son