Find one (1) flaw

Find one (1) flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/690000-toyota-tacomas-recalled-for-leaf-springs-that-could-snap-damage-fuel-tank-and-brake-line/
topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/41522-toyota-tacomas-vulnerable-frame-rust-class-action-lawsuit-says/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing unless you have to swerve to miss a hazard at 30 mph

4.7 is slow as shit.

rust magnets.

The V8 doesn't come in a manual which is a bummer but you get a column shifter which makes up for it

Otherwise it's a good truck, light for its size but kicks ass with the Access Cab/Long Bed

Looks shit

Some rust issues but otherwise bretty good

Moose test!

recalled for rusted frames

bullshit
that engine is glorious

no diesel no torque. It's a fucking truck

Pickup beds are useless. There is no situation in which you would be better off with a pickup than with a flatbed or van.

Yeah, they are useless. Must be why pickup trucks have been the #1 selling vehicle in the country for decades.

it looks like a midsize truck

Inferior payload & towing compared to US competitors. There are no advantages that make it desirable over a GM, Ford, or Dodge.

You're in the car

And maybe 5% of those have ever had anything in the bed.

>flatbed
sure
>van
nah

pickups are good for shit that might not fit in a van or camper height wise. and most americans cant tie cargo down for shit, so id rather trust them with a pickup than a flatbed

now, let's not start pulling imaginary numbers out of our ass

Vans are good for things that might walk off or rust out if you leave them in the bed. Tradesmen that load their trucks up with tools would mostly be better off with vans or SUVs.

>using a van or flatbed to haul trash, firewood, mulch, gravel, etc.

A flatbed doesn't have sides to contain the materials
A van doesn't have a separation between cargo area and passenger area and it's much harder to get the cargo out

Nice try though

Huh?? How's that? Good friend of mine drives a 2001 and it has virtually no rust (no, not living inna desert)

Surely you wouldn't consider buying a flatbed without a removable fence? What's the point of that?

Pic related, I actually just picked up a cord of wood with my flatbed earlier today. Sorry I couldn't get a better picture, my flash doesn't work well unless you're right on top of your subject.

My brother had a 2001 model. Never took good care of it, other than to change the battery. Still for some reason held up decently. He probably might of had some problems I wasn't aware of

'99.5-00 tacomas were bough back by Toyota and destroyed. '01-'04 Tacoma owners were offered frame replacement. There were more corrosion issues after that as well.

"In November 2012, Toyota recalled 150,000 Tacomas from 2001–2004 for a rusted spare-tire carrier under the bed that could break and cause the tire to come loose. In 2008, Toyota’s infamous frame-rot fiasco on 1995–2004 Tacomas (about 800,000 trucks) was so bad the company had to buy many of them back, conduct extensive frame repairs, and/or extend frame-corrosion warranties by 15 years. The company never issued a recall for that problem.

About 690,000 Tacoma pickups, specifically 4×4 and PreRunner models from 2005–2011, have leaf springs installed above the rear axle rather than below it, and they can fail due to “stress or corrosion.” One of the leaves may separate and contact the fuel tank or brake line, possibly severing one or both with obvious consequences."

blog.caranddriver.com/690000-toyota-tacomas-recalled-for-leaf-springs-that-could-snap-damage-fuel-tank-and-brake-line/
topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/41522-toyota-tacomas-vulnerable-frame-rust-class-action-lawsuit-says/

But you know a guy that it didn't happen to, so the problem must not exist.

Nobody wants to drive an ugly piece of rusted shit like that on a daily basis. The point of a pickup truck is it can haul shit and makes a viable daily driver.

>pickup beds are useless, buy a flatbed
>you need to put sides on the flatbed so it works like a pickup bed for it to be useful

I don't even need to counter your argument, you're doing a great job of that yourself.

I think he means that you can transform the flat bed into a pickup bed when ever you want to, vice versa. But then again that pretty retarded nonetheless, I'd just rather a standard pickup bed honestly.

>you can transform the flat bed into a pickup bed when ever you want to
But why would he ever want to do that? According to him pickup beds are "useless", not sure why he'd want to convert his flatbed into something useless.

Ahh.. I see. Didn't read his comment to thoroughly.

>The fence is optional
>You can have multiple sizes of fence (I've got 4", 18", and 36" tall)
>The fence is thinner than a pickup bed so you waste less space
>The bed is fully over the wheels so you don't have wheel wells eating up space
>You can take the fence off, load something heavy, and then put the fence back on so you don't have to lift as high as you would with a pickup despite the higher bed
>If you damage the fence backing up or dropping something on it (face it, it happens from time to time), it's cheap or free to fix. Meanwhile, pickups that actually get used often have absolutely thrashed beds
>There's lots of room for saddle tanks under the flatbed
>It's easier to clean off after hauling shit like dirt or wet mulch that makes a mess
Name one thing a flatbed *doesn't* do better than a pickup.

>It's not as good at being a Civic
Okay, you got me there. Good thing I live in the land of the free where I'm allowed to own multiple vehicles.

Chink shit

So your solution to owning a "useless" pickup truck is to instead spend more money to buy two vehicles? That's brilliant. You're a really smart one. Buying a vehicle that combines the jobs of two different vehicles is a bad idea, because it's useless.

Compared to a Civic, your pickup has fewer seats, worse fuel economy, probably worse reliability, less comfortable unless it's a full size, no trunk to store things out of sight, it's probably slower, it requires more space to park, and for all those compromises it's not even any good at being a truck. You bought a piece of trash claiming it's because it's cheaper (I guess you're poor or something), while I almost certainly have less money into all three of my vehicles including purchase price, repairs, and modifications, than you do in your mall crawler.

>never driven a pickup before or experience owning one
holy fuck, you really can't be this retarded.

I literally posted a picture of my truck in this thread. Nice try, though.

It ain't a Citroen Dolly

Rust

Dude, you are talking about Tacomas. OP's pic and the truck I referred to show Tundras

1. slow
2. handling is shit
3. slushbox
4. fuel consumption, especialy above 100mph

That small piece of the hood between the grille and the lights look weird when you're used to this

>flat bed doesn't have sides
It has more sides than you do brains.

>europoor can't afford a real pickup
Rotflmao

>real pickup
>limiting yourself to an 8' styleside bed
Sure thing lol.
>pickup "enthusiasts" actually believe form>function
The irony

Well the hilux and tundra, aren't really related. The tundra is full size
So does the inside of your truck some like FREEDOM?

>too stupid to realize flatbed have more limitations than a pickup does
>muh functionality
>spoon feed me mommy

flatbed cucks btfo.

>too stupid to realize flatbed have more limitations than a pickup does
The only time a "flatbed have more limitations" than a styleside is if that flatbed was fitted to a GM pickup.

>flatbed cucks literally this delusional
as expected.

Bed too short. I have to keep the tail gate down to haul 8 foot planks or a pair of dirt bikes (single bike can fit in diagnally).

Ofcourse it does

>I have to keep the tail gate down
I don't see the problem with that

>flatbed cucks ragequit
as expected.

Spotted the GM fangirl

>implying
stay mad flatbed cuck

>stay mad
You'd know what that's like kek

gm btfo, how will they ever recover

They won't.
They'll just keep crashing in frustration of not having a superior accessible

>superior accesible...
bed lol

>superior accessible
youre right, they weren't a ford pickup

I would say maybe 15% of pickups have never been used as pickups.

The only way that bed could possibly be more accessible that a dropside flatbed is if it was cut open with a can opener... which isn't far fetched I guess lol

shit mpg
ugly interior

Lower ball joints.

Timing belt.

About 15mpg HWY.

Handling is shit on every low end pick up ever made so that should just be expected.

Other than that, great truck. Reliable, 4.7 is a great engine, and it's not fuck huge like every other new truck.

Ah yes, flatbeds have more limitations. I guess that's why commercial trucks all use styleside trailers ... oh wait, nevermind. Styleside is complete trash.

It's slow and gets bad mpg.

Is that a tundra? Fuck, it looks so tiny though.

Just as fast the other full size trucks of the time.

That gen of tundra was kinda inbetween a fullsize and a midsize truck

They still had the issues with the spare tire rusting out

>please believe my lies!
Flatbed cucks literally this desperate
stay btfo

>Still not a single argument for why a pickup bed is more useful than a flatbed
It's because there are none and you know it.

>A flatbed doesn't have sides to contain the materials

Many do. They call them stakesides. They are removable as necessary. They're cool because you can load things from the side pretty easily if you wanted.

Nips first attempt at impressing murrika with a fullsize and they surprisingly got it right, though I categorize it somewhere between a full size and a compact,

You've obviously never needed to haul gravel or get loaded by an excavator

Don't know about a flaw, but someone appears to have put a bed on an econobox. As long as they don't pretend it's an actual truck, I don't see a problem

I have, actually. It worked fine. Today I've got another half cord or so of oak, plus scraps.

flatbed is higher than a regular bed making loading dirt bikes a fucking pain in the ass. cant dump a yard of shit in the back of your van with a front loader as well. theres a reason the pickup is so popular, its fucking useful.

You don't look like a cuck, stay poor

I see jacked up pickups with beds higher than mine carrying motorcycles all the time so it must not be too difficult. I imagine it's just a matter of getting longer ramps or backing up to a retaining wall.

This. The 150mm difference in height is arbitrary when the whole bed is accessible from either side.
>side loading a pair of quads instead of being stuck with just one
The styleside bed is only the most popular option in the continent that favours form over function.

Then the t100 wold be more to your likening,
Your right, 3.4 is a much better engine.

?

I fit an entire 93 Buick Century in mine.

>muh function
stay btfo flatbed cuck

Because, it's useful for one. gets the job done whenever I need to deliver shit, whether it be gravel, dirt, heavy scrap, lumber etc... whatever it may be, it can handle it. all in all, I have no need for a flatbed/pickup conversion.. If I can get the job done in just an ordinary pickup, then I'm satisfied, and so far.. I got noting but satisfaction from mine.

vans are pretty damn useful, but almost all of them lack any kind of decent offroad capability. i'd much rather have the extra ground clearance and 4x4 for driving on wet farm roads or on the dalton highway

Not that guy, but your argument is literally "I don't know any better and ignorance wins".
>mah form
>not interested in function when talking pick ups
Spotted the GM fangirl

genuine bus riding cunt over here. I'm a farmer, do you know how fucked I'd be without having a tray on the back of my ute? I use it on the daily. oh and its mated to 4wd. good luck doing what I do with my ute with a flatbed or a van, you'd be stuck in 30 minutes. you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and probably don't even have a license. fuck off

I have to take the whole thing apart to replace the alternator.

> I'm a farmer, do you know how fucked I'd be without having a tray on the back of my ute?
Not that guy, but being a Kiwi farmer I would've thought you'd have half a brain to understand the ergonomic benefits of having a dropside flat bed over a styleside pick up bed.

not that guy, but I'm referring to a flat deck dropside and not a wellside 'bed'. benefits of both worlds. it's not a dedicated flatbed truck, still has sides which are removable. see photo in question which is my ute with the sides and rear of the deck removed. best of both worlds and lets face it I can go many more places with this than a dedicated flatbed truck (assuming we've got the same thing in mind when flatbed is mentioned) or a van. ideal scenario would be a single cab ute for the longer tray but this is what I've got to work with

That's what everyone here is referring to as a flatbed. Compare it to a standard styleside pickup bed like in the OP. That's what's being called useless.

My misunderstanding I apologise. I still believe for general non-commercial use a styleside does the job just fine for the average person. I mean if you're only taking a couple buckets of dirt from the landscapers and a couple bikes on the back a year then that's all you really need. Far easier than a van still in my opinion because you can overhead load. I'd never have a styleside myself because of what I do.

It really all comes down to your use of the thing and what you want out of it. But I believe comparing a van to a ute no matter the tray type is like apples to oranges. 2 completely different puppies in my opinion

Let me put it this way, my point is that i'm completely better off with a ordinary pickup bed rather than a stupid flatbed. Like I said it can do the work I need it to do, so in the end I'm satisfied with just that. Both have their uses sure, but I prefer a pickup over a flatbed. end of story.

This guy here is a great example of what I was saying here It all comes down to preference and your own needs. But you can't compare a ute to a van no matter what bed you've got attached.

Taking 1-2 dirtbikes on short trips on a regular basis is the only real use case that makes sense for a pickup bed, as far as I can tell. Any more than that and you'll need a trailer or a large flatbed, any farther than that and you'll want trailer behind a van or SUV for your gear, and any less often than that and you'll want a trailer and a tow vehicle that's more practical for whatever you actually do on a day to day basis.

Since the lower tailgate makes RO/RO the only thing a pickup bed is actually better at than a dropside, and most pickup beds aren't big enough to roll anything on other than two dirtbikes or one ATV, it's a pretty narrow use case.

And I feel the need to point out that lifted pickups compromise their single advantage compared to flatbeds and are therefore literally less useful than slammed trucks.

I can fit 3 dirt bikes on the flat deck of that ranger with the sides still on (no rear gate). It's a tight fit but its doable. 2 on the outside facing forwards and the center one backwards. I've got eyelets for tiedowns built into the floor of my tray however.

But yeah it comes down to application. If you're going to be moving a lot of bikes on the regular then yeah you'll want a trailer. I mean, a standard pickup bed with a canopy on it makes for a great tow vehicle with 4x4 capabilities and plenty of gear space.

Well yeah it depends. I mean there's lifted enough to fit a set of 33's under your guards lifted. But then there's American small dick lifted which is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

"Styleside" is about lowering the deck height without reducing suspension travel. In a sense, it's something in between a flatbed/tray and a van.

Admittedly, American trucks tend to be overkill when it comes to ground clearance and suspension travel, but that's customer demand for you.

Obviously it's less convenient not being able to open or remove the bed sides, and having wheel wells inside the bed is less ideal for loads like drywall or plywood. The tradeoff is that the lower bed floor is easier to load from ground level, and offers a lower center of gravity when the bed is loaded.

Personally, I've always liked my dad's VW type 2 crew cab, with 3 bed sides that flip down. The proportions of that truck probably wouldn't work on a modern pickup, though, unless it were designed solely for urban use.

A standard pickup bed with a canopy is just an SUV without the option of third row seating.

But you have the option of removing the canopy and having a bed