I'm seriously looking at buying an R32. I don't really need another car and I'm already short on space...

I'm seriously looking at buying an R32. I don't really need another car and I'm already short on space, but I still want one. Talk me out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ez599D5hU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I want to do something, random anonymous people on the Internet tell me what to do
Yes if you want to no if you dont
Stupid attention whores tripcunt

Understeer

GTS-t or GT-R

I want a less biased opinion than my own.

On one hand, it would be a really cool car to have. On the other, I already have three and only a two-car garage. And one of those three is a project car I've put on the back burner for now.

Only looking at the GT-R

>small displacement
>no torque
>lag out the ass
>used
>almost 30 years old
>pigfat
>understeer
>GT not a a sport's car so meant for commuting not driving hard
>RHD(if your in america)
>impracticle for groceries and kids in the back

those are off the top of my head. Are they decent cars? yes, for their day but their prices have ballooned to absolutely deplorable levels.
Keep in mind OP you would be able to get a E30 325i or maybe even an ///M3 fixer upper for the price you will dish out for a BNR32

>GT-R
>not a sports car

Get out BMW shill

>Keep in mind OP you would be able to get a E30 325i
why would anyone get a literal piece of shit grandma car over a thoroughbred sports car? silly bmw fanboy

You ever been to the top, kid?

>tfw
I live by myself and have a two car garage. I've stuffed a mustang gt, jeep wrangler and harley in it which pretty much leaves no extra room. Maybe I could squeeze another motorcycle in. I'm always seeing vehicles around that I want but have zero need or room for. Wouldn't mind getting a miata or any Japanese doriftu mobile really, plus a sport bike would be the bomb diggity yo. Alternatively I could park vehicles in the driveway but lately the shitheads have been coming from the bad part of town and breaking into peoples cars in the good part of town.
First world problems.

Wait for the R33 and R34 to be importable
Buy the car with the better engine

Alternatively
Wait for the R33 and R34 to be importable
Pray that the R32 prices drop

>the R32 prices drop
>things that will never happen

It could be possible, maybe the people who originally want the R32 would change their minds and move onto the R33 or 34
It's a shot in the dark, but its a possibility

Buy another honda and stfu you faggot

If you don't have space for it you can give it to me and I'll let you borrow it when you want to.

They were dirt cheap until you Amerikunts could have them. I could get an R32 GTR for around 22-25K CAD a couple years ago.

>buying a 30 year old Japanese performance car while not being rich as fuck
I bet OP sells it for less than what he paid in 2-3 months because realized the maintenance for old GTRs is ridiculous

>25 year old car
>no idea about mechanical history
>expensive to fix when it breaks

If you really need a skyline, get the GTS-T. Cheaper, and if all you want is to turn heads, its still a rhd skyline

R34 is nice but expensive, and the R33 doesn't interest me as much. I could always buy an R34 when they're legal if I decide I want one.

I can always drive one of the other cars if I need to overnight parts from Japan. And I wouldn't buy something I couldn't afford to maintain.

Actually, prices are probably a good point. R32s only seem to be getting more expensive, so it's probably not a good idea to wait

I would honestly do it, just account for the fact that many have "hidden suprizes" also most people who are selling a r32 that is already imported are doing so because they don't know how to take care of it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ez599D5hU

>go to lunch
>call insurance company
>call dealer next
>someone put a deposit on the car an hour ago

How unfortunate

Why don't you buy one from an auction and import it?

I suppose I could, but I'd rather go through someone who knows what to look for and already has a car I can see in person. The one I was looking at was recently imported.

Was going to look at it Saturday, but oh well. Had R34 turbos too

I reccomend pacificcoastjdm.com
Shoot them some emails and see if it is right for you
They will translate all of the auction sheets and they are really experinced with r32s, like half of their income comes frome importing 32 gtr's
I know this shit sounds like an ad, but I just had a really positive experince with them.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

I'm on the east coast, so I've mostly been looking at japaneseclassics.com. They're about a 5 hour drive from me

It fucking angers me that just because the first few Americans to import them got gypped by the japs, people think it's ok to sell them for 25-30k.

I want a GTR so bad.

>people think it's ok to sell them for 25-30k.
>I want a GTR so bad.
That's why though, everyone wants one.

If you want to import I would honestly stay away from them, they tend to lie through their teeth about the condition of the cars. Most importers do. If you can do an in-depth inspection of the car it should be ok but I would probably talk to RBMotoring or Rivsu if you intend to import instead of buying one that's already stateside.

>they tend to lie through their teeth about the condition of the cars.
Source?
I honestly want to know.

>they tend to lie through their teeth about the condition of the cars
Do you have a source for that? I've only heard positive things. I was looking at them specifically because they're supposed to be one of the better importers, especially on the east coast.

>a base model NA executive car that cracks maybe 160hp
>vs a twin turbo high end sports car that exceeds 270hp

user I like bimmers but you're a fucking moron.

>Rivsu
Fuck Rivsu

They need to fucking stop posting auction results of cars they didn't fucking buy.
>hey look guys this R32 sold for $2650 at auction
>>same R32 ends up in the states for sale for 10K
>cue random fucktard
>YOU ONLY PAID 2650 CAUSE I SAW IT ON RIVSUS FACEBOOK PAGE HURR

slower than a cobalt

Slower than a slightly sport old econobox with a whiny little fourbanger that makes maybe 110 too.

they've already dropped $5-6k in my area

>"m-m-my cobalt is f-f-aster!!!"

ur the type of faggot who uses a trip for a fucking prelude, dont ruin an r32 with your faggtry

>HE ACTUALLY RECCOMENDED A BMW OVER GODZILLA

Want a 32 here? 20k NZD

Alright.

>understeers like a cunt
>way overpriced in the US
>parts for RB26 are expensive as fuck
>95% of them have rust issues
>easy to break into
>they're shit stock
>not really that fast
>stock engine and turbos limit you
That's all I can think of, fuckin love mine

You have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about

They sell for like 14-15k in the UK you amerifats just got cucked hard by the oriental jew.