I don't see a lot of talk online about Mazda trucks. What's the consensus on them...

I don't see a lot of talk online about Mazda trucks. What's the consensus on them? I see a lot of cheap used ones here in Ontario, but they're rare to see in the wild

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XuHIemMF4kY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good trucks.
Nothing bad to be said, slow.

Same as rangers from 93-up. Before that they were actually mazdas instead of rebadged fords

it's a ford ranger.

>2.3/5 is underpowered but stout
>3.0l v6 is just as underpowered but pretty reliable. kind of the turd of the range but still not bad
>4.0l V6 get's kind of crap gas mileage, but only 1mpg worse than the 3.0, while making a lot more power

also
>the auto transmission is pretty shit.

Exactly this, Rangers with a different badge. Solid minitrucks.

the 4.0 with 4x4 is the one you want. basically ford ranger = mazda b trucks

>>the auto transmission is pretty shit.
probably if it's the same as an explorer auto trans. basically a time bomb after 100k

I am actually on the lookout for a good 4.0 5speed 4x4 ranger. I really want an ECSB in green.

and yeah the auto is a pile of turd

Outside of the US the pre-2011 Ford Rangers are literally rebadged mazdas

Bretty gud. Solid trucks for truckin' and not rolling coal. Get manual and remember to always rustproof your mazda.

well there's the north american market ranger and the global ranger. they're two different trucks

B2300, B3000, and B4000 are Ford-designed trucks also sold as the Ford Ranger.

B1300, B1500, B1600, B1800, B2000, B2200, and B2500 (and REPU) are Mazda-designed and also sold as the Ford Courier.

Hope youre not over 6 feet tall. Otherwise Id echo whats been said in here overall.

This is mystical to me. I have literally never heard of Mazda making trucks before, and yet here is a picture of one. Does... does it have a rotary?

The REPU does. Most of the B-series trucks have F-series engines, except for the B2600, which came with a Mitsubishi Astron engine.

Some of their older trucks had rotary.

There's a guy down the road from me that has one. The body's a little beat up but it seems to be running fine.

I've got a couple. The double cab one is just an engine donor for a single cab one that's much tidier.

Shut up justin everybody knows you dont got any money.

Which engine? Also, I'm calling dibs on the frame and cab when you're done.

You want one with the 3.0L Vulcan engine. The SHO V6 bolts right up.

2.6 mitsi engine. My other ones got a cracked head. You can have the body if you want it, I was gonna keep the gearbox, the back tyres and maybe the front freewheel hubs but go hard on the rest saves me having to take it to the scrap dealer

I have a 97 ford ranger. 2.3 liter manual. Life is good only cost me 2.5k. Easy as hell to work on

My dad has had one of these since '98. Bought it bone base, no power nothing, standard.

He had to replace the engine once, but no rust no nothing and it's even been hit. Bumper bent, fixed it ourselves and kept the insurance payout.

Solid as hell. My mom has had 5 cars and he's always had that same truck.

His only regret is getting the 4 and not the 6 cylinder.

Living in the mountains in Puerto Rico with the shit roads, it's a miracle it hasn't gone down.

Got nothing but praise for that truck.

Got about 100k per engine, which is saying something on the island.

In the states 100k ain't shit.

>you dont got any money
I've been saving a bit, I also have another car as equity, family

Had a b2300 and a slew of rangers.

Not bad. Kinda gutless but good mileage. Im fat and 6 feet so not the asian body intended for those fuck.

For the price they arent bad.

Plus i want a blown 4.7 inna mazda with air ride some day

>Won't listen to me when I tell him not to get a Ranger

You had a shit 2wd 4 banger. I want a 5 speed 4x4 4.0l. My buddy had that truck but with the 4 banger, and it was on 31s great truck but to slow

The 4.0 is slow as well.

The 31s wasn't helping any either.

I want exactly what you want.

Why are used Ford Rangers so goddamned expensive in the US?

Try finding a good one with under 100K miles for a reasonable price. They're more expensive than F150s.

Early b2600 had a shitsu engine. Late had mazda G6 engines
t. B2600i owner

Not as slow as the 4 though, and at least it can go regular speeds unlike my ferd.
>Tfw no ranger tho

Because they don't make them anymore and good ones with the options you want are hard to find

I bought an 09 with the 4.0 for $500.

Only had 285k miles on the odo.

I have an Outback that's a few years old and I'm fucking sick of driving it. It's a crossover, which means it sucks at everything.

But I need a big wagon or truck once or twice a month, so I'm looking to get a fun car and a used truck. I was hoping to find a nice Ranger for $3K with 100K miles on it. Everyone thinks they have a collector's item.

Here's mine, 4.0, 2wd, 5 speed, 33's. She's slow but she gets the job done. The plan for the future is to build up a 302 and put it and an F-150 5 speed in the truck to speed her up a bit.

Another picture that an user shooped into an oil painting, posting because I think it's cool.

You probably have an m5od, of you don't build the 302 that much it works fine

Mazda b2600i 4 banger, 120 hp, good truck. Widest track of all the mini trucks. Never had power windows as a option.

The G6 is basically a 3 valve Astron with the F-series bellhousing bolt pattern. Not a whole lot interchanges, but if you look at the side by side it's obvious that it shares a lot more with the Mitsubishi engine than with any Mazda designed engine.

Oh shit, where are you at? I also need a shortblock and a bellhousing. Please don't be on the east coast.

...And then I noticed the European license plate. Fuck me.

Not even close.... please go read before you open your mouth

Dont forget 150lbft of torque.
Wish i coulda found a white one...

i like them but i might be biased
bought this for soviet canadia winters

bought it because it was really clean and well optioned
that + brand new BF AT K02 tires and a 3inch lift

Have you ever seen them? The G6 has absolutely nothing in common with any other Mazda engine. Meanwhile, it shares its bore spacing, dual row timing chain design, and Mitsubishi-patented balance shafts with the G54B.

It's not as closely related as the Hyundai G4CS is to the 4G64, but it's undeniably a derivative of the Astron family. You basically claiming that a mule is nothing like a donkey and has nothing in common with one, while I'm pointing out that while they're quite different, every mule had a donkey as a father.

>>The plan for the future is to build up a 302 and put it and an F-150 5 speed in the truck to speed her up a bit.

It's 2wd, get rid of those useless 33's and steel wheels if you care about going faster.

Muh dick. What engine?

cool af, where i can get this shop done to mine

This.
This.
This as well, unfortunately.
Lmao.
Double lmao.

I got mine with a decent price. Once my contract finishes next week, I'm going over to the shop now to switch out the metal upgraded valance into a full on winch bumper and 2.5inch lift soon. Maybe some Wrangler tyres too. Also upgrade the skid plates to titanium and add a crevice into the bed in order to sit cinderblocks for that delicious weight balance.

I love my little manual 4x4 '10 Ranger. Ever since I switched my Colorado for this thing, I don't touch my BMW X3 anymore.
I hope you find one for under $10 000 as I had to wait a good 3 months to find an OK one. then I had to change all the transmission oils which was a bitch and a half.

Honestly, get the '07 or younger so you don't have the inept tyre pressure monitors or extra bolts and "security upgrades". It makes working under it a huge fucking hassle.

(I also took pictures at work and wanted to post them. But some MLP fag in my vicinity got banned off the telecommunication IP so I can't post a pic of my TRUCC until i get home)

The global market ranger is now an Australian designed truck, America doesn't sell or make a ranger at the moment.

4.0 2008, i think think they sold the other models in canada

*dont think

That's why I had to settle on a nice s10. Comparable rangers were twice the price.

I'm 6'3" and I fit in mine fine, and I have the shortest cab option to boot.

What about your island makes the engines shit the bed so easily?
Most phones have a filter.

They are great for drag racing.
youtube.com/watch?v=XuHIemMF4kY

Skip to 1:20

>Ruining a REPU when a B1500 would have been so much cheaper
Heresy.

where in canada. no front license plate tho

I have no idea who did it or why, I'm just glad they did.

It is an m5od. Yeah the transmission "should" hold up, but the F-150 version is preeeetty much bolt on for the 302/351, and it won't take any adapters or anything to get it into the truck. Eventually it'll be getting turned into a SCORE 1400 truck so all this is just kinda stopgap to make me happy till then anyways.

Clearly you know not of desert racing, where 4wd is just more shit to break.

"ford" on the tail gate, lmao

Had a 1997 Ranger 2.3 5 speed. had about 386000 miles when I sold it. Guy I sold it to still uses it as his daily.

The F150 had a M5OD-R2, which is slightly more built up than the R1 in the Ranger. A manual from a V6 F150 will bolt up to a 302.

Not that much of an improvement from the Ranger, desu. Especially with the gas mileage and extra torque vs speed.
Unless you're using it as a tractor (ie snow plowing and farming), there's no need for that many HP.

>Unless you're using it as a tractor (ie snow plowing and farming), there's no need for that many HP.
couldn't you use a ranger or s10 for that to?

Unfortunately not. Ranger does not have the frame structure support, even with the 207HP V6 4.0L. It trades a lot of torque for potential speed (which is good because the dinky looking Ranger with a cute nose can tow up to a whopping 6000lbs) and the frame / engine is reflective of that.

I would be able to plow my driveway and neighbour's so long as the snow is below 10cm or whatever. But one could not plow entire parking lots and side streets like the F-250s, Silverado / RAM 2500s are built for up northern Canada.
Both my Colorado and Ranger's manual have explicit said not to use it for plowing or high torque dragging (ie farm equipment) without severe modifications and some structure support on the chassis.

The French Ward
(Quebec)

>F-250s
does it really need to be that big? couldn't a f150 4.9 liter 6 cylinder do it fine?

I like mine for the most part, only complaint is how fucking low it is. Im trying to find leaf springs to lift it but no luck finding any in junkyards curious to see if ranger springs will work