Martin Luther

Can we talk about the life of this deranged man who's responsible for the unfortunate existence of protestantism?

Other urls found in this thread:

ergofabulous.org/luther/
protestanterrors.com/
catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077
bbc.com/news/world-africa-34960971
cnn.com/2016/04/08/europe/vatican-pope-family/
jesusisprecious.org/false_religion/roman_catholic/virgin_mother_worship.htm
catholic.com/tracts/myths-about-indulgences
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther's_Marian_theology#Veneration
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Tetzel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Peter's_Basilica#Financing_with_indulgences
protestanterrors.com/#28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>“Christ committed adultery first of all with the woman at the well about whom St. John tells us. Was not everybody about Him saying: ‘Whatever has he been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalene, and thirdly with the woman taken in adultery whom he dismissed so lightly. Thus even Christ, who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died.”
(Table Talk , Weimar edition, vol. 2., no. 1472, April 7 - May 1, 1532; Wiener, p. 33).

>“But Christ took upon Himself all of our sin, and thus He died upon the cross. Therefore he had to become that which we are, namely a sinner, a murderer, evildoer, etc....For insofar as he is a victim for the sins of the whole world, He is not now such a person as is innocent and without sin, is not God’s Son in all glory, but a sinner, abandoned by God for a short time. Psalms 8:6.”
(Detailed Explanation of the Epistle to the Galatians, part 2, fourth argument, Walch edition, vol. 8, p. 2165, nos. 321-324).

>“Be a sinner and sin boldly, but believe and rejoice in Christ even more boldly...No sin will separate us from the Lamb, even though we commit fornication and murder a thousand times a day”
(Weimar ed. vol. 2, p. 372; Letters I, Luther’s Works, American ed., vol. 48, p. 282).

>“If, in faith, an adultery could be committed, it would be no sin”
(Möhler, Dr. Johann Adam, Symbolik, p. 131; Luther disput. Tom. I, p. 523).

>“When our consciences are assailed by the devil on account of our sins: so one should say, spoke D. M. Luther: holy devil, pray for us: Sancte Satan, ora pro nobis. Have we not sinned against you, kind Sir Devil?”
(Table Talk, Walch ed., vol. 22, chapter 26, p. 1242, no. 41).

>“If someone is being tempted, said Dr. Martin, or is amongst those who are being tempted, let him then beat Moses to death, and throw every stone at him”
(Table Talk, Walch ed., vol. 22, chapter 27, p. 1233).

Wouldn't call it bad when protestant ism mainly replaced Catholicism which is at least as bad.

>responsible for protestantism
So the the corrupt cleric elite isn't at fault? There would have been a Martin Luther sooner or later. There were even people before him who questioned the catholic dogma like Jan Hus or Savonarola. The difference was that Luther was backed by parts of elite like some princes who were intrested in his new theology and wanted to gain more independence from the Kaiser and pope

right click
hide

Reminder that Luther never wanted to separate from the church, rather he wished to reform it and get rid of the bad practices

He excommunicated himself by preaching heresy.

He preached truth, papist

Which is heresy

ergofabulous.org/luther/

Have fun.

He preached anti-Christian blasphemy and heresy

He should have been burned alive at the stake.

protestanterrors.com/

>Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
Matthew 7:15-20

Truly a master shitposter

The vatican should be burned and the pope with all his cardinals hanged, that your wicked church might be destroyed once and for all.

Sweet Christian love and acceptance.

I hope you guys are LARPing

t. Satan

Non prævalebunt.

Please don't call proddies Christian.

Catholics aren't Christian
You are more anti-Christian than muslims

Jokes on you. I'm on the side of the French, we stay Catholic, but we don't like the HRE so support the Ottomans and Swedes.

The gates can't prevail against Rome because Rome is the gates

Lel keep on falling back to 16th century bullshit while posting le fedora strawmen

>hre
You mean habsburg mr.richelieu

>Look, we French are the daughters of the vatican. That's why we will ally every prominent non catholic power against every prominent catholic power around
>did i tell you we sided with the protestants in the 30 years war?

Daily reminder that the most atheist countries have been the victim of 1, 2 or all 3 of these evils:
- protestantism
- freemasonry
- communism

I'm sorry, could you repeat that? What are the French against?

catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077
bbc.com/news/world-africa-34960971
cnn.com/2016/04/08/europe/vatican-pope-family/

Columbus; egg.

>freemasonry
>evil
so Freemasons are: Jews, Jesuits, the Vatican, Protestants, commies, Lizard People, Satanists.

I think Masons are an even better scapegoat than Jews, they've been tied to everything, even mutually exclusive categories.

>protestanterrors.com/
I didn't understand we were dealing with such a high level of apologetics
Let's see if i can find anything equally intelligent
jesusisprecious.org/false_religion/roman_catholic/virgin_mother_worship.htm

>“The ark is verily the holy Virgin, gilded within and without, who received the treasure of universal sanctification. Arise, O Lord, from the Father’s bosom, to raise up again the ruined race of our first parent”
(Orat. in Deip. Annunciat. Int. Opp. S. Greg. Thaumaturg) (Blessed Virgin, p. 89). St. Gregory Thaumaturgus (c. 213-c. 270)

>“As Christ our priest was not chosen by hand of man, so neither was His tabernacle framed by men, but was established by the Holy Ghost; and by the power of God is that tabernacle protected, to be had in everlasting remembrance, Mary, God’s Virgin Mother”
(S. Dionysius of Alexandria, Respons. ad Quoest. v. Pauli Samos) (Blessed Virgin, p. 81). St. Dionysius (died 264)

>Anti-Christian blasphemy
>Rebuking the practice of buying 'salvation'

My bad, I forgot that verse in the book of Opinions where Jesus tells everyone that you can just bypass all of the faith stuff and pay some guy to tell you you're all good.

well meme'd

>Love thy neighbour as thyself
>Should burn people alive

He was talking about you.

Mind explaining a bit further?

It is a just punishment for blasphemers, whom Christ wasn't speaking of.

>They know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die.
Romans 1:32

You might as well bring up Galileo too.

catholic.com/tracts/myths-about-indulgences

& humanities was a huge mistake

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther's_Marian_theology#Veneration

A world hero. Singularly responsible for the decline of the catholic church

He was also an anti-Semite who had a significant role in causing the holocaust (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies)

What would he think of modern evangelical proddies?

Yeah but literally everybody hated jews back then

While the Vicar of Christ...

>inb4 Malaysiaman

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Tetzel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Peter's_Basilica#Financing_with_indulgences

Martin Luther is always right

>This triggers the papist

Really? Keep venerating that pawn of Satan.

what struck me most about him is his blatant hypocrisy
"The Christian way is that no ruler is to wage war against his overlord, be he the King, the Emperor or any other liege-lord"
>supports league of schmalkalden's opposition to emperor
also
>advocating the slaughter of thousands of peasants
>"only i can ascertain what god wants"
>supports ruthless oppression of any other 'preotestant' movement

>>"only i can ascertain what god wants"
>>supports ruthless oppression of any other 'preotestant' movement
These are lies
>>advocating the slaughter of thousands of peasants
>>supports league of schmalkalden's opposition to emperor
There is nothing wrong with these

no, they aren't
in his mind only HE was right about what god wanted/ how Christians were to live etc, anyone else was a heretic
>persecution of Anabaptist

can you not see how telling people to follow their liege lord, but advocating resistance to the emperor is hypocritical?
slaughtering peasants isnt very christian

> Implying that the Lutherans didn't persecute Anabaptists.

He beat me to it, well done user.

You're both retarded
The Anabaptists autistically provoked ALL the reformers. They mainly clashed with Zwingli, anyway.

>provoked
you know Anabaptist's are pacifists correct?

and i realize other reformers attacked them, that doesn't mean Luther didn't

>Columbus; egg.
In this case we had already seen a bunch of people finding out how to make that egg stand, it not spreading because the Catholic Church killed them.

>you know Anabaptist's are pacifists correct?
So are anarchists, which is what they were.

>Let's see if i can find anything equally intelligent
What you posted is laughable and debunked in that other link:
protestanterrors.com/#28

His book was used as a foundational text for the Nazis.

Are Catholics idiots? I'm not even a Christcuck, but God-damn, to blame the Reformation entirely on Luther is to display a lack of any understanding of history...

Firstly, Luther was very relatively conservative: his mass was based on Catholic services and retained most Catholic elements, save for a a few improvisations, and he retained the idea of transubstantiation. He was always criticized for being too "Catholic" by the much more radical reformers such as Calvin or Zwingli and the Zwickau Prophets, who radicalized the Reformation more than Luther ever did.

Second, the Reformation was a response to Catholic Church abuses, and many many movements had risen up in explicit reaction to the Church's abuses and its corruption and focus on temporal powers and its stifling rituals: the Cathars, the Waldensians, the Bogomils, the Brethren of the Free Spirit, the Pickards, the Hussites, the Lollards... To blame everything on Luther is to ignore the undercurrent that was very obviously present, and that was going to surface eventually.

Catholicism is a communist hive mind totally detached from reality...

That's only a debunking if you've already fallen for Rome's memes

This
Luther merely sparked it. If it wasn't inevitable it couldn't have happened.

The reformation sprung from the same source as all of those other sects, especially the Cathars and Hussites. The burgeoning middle-class

>sola fide, sola scriptura, removed 7 books, wanted to remove Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation too
>relatively conservative
Perhaps YOU are the idiot.

WTF I love Dr. Luther now!

honestly if it wasn't him it would have been someone else
there were loads of "proto" reformations before him.

they key was the printing press.

>>sola fide, sola scriptura,
So like the original Christians then?
>removed 7 books
No. They didn't remove them from the canon, because you can't remove what never was there, and they didn't remove them from the books but moved them between Old and New Testaments
>wanted to remove Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation too
Only Luther did, and even that is debated. No one would follow him in that if he did. Besides, what the fuck does it matter if he wanted too? No one could stop Luther from doing something he felt compeled to, he clearly decided not to. He also continued to quote each book repeatedly.

>Comparing Luther with Hitler
Are you trying to convert us to Lutheranism or what?

2/10

Now hold on, they were a bunch a cultists following a smooth talking demagogue. Don't confuse that for our infallible doctrine of anarchism.

wtf