Pouring coolant into a drain or on the ground ?????

Pouring coolant into a drain or on the ground ?????

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its not bad if i do that, right???

literally just get a jug, and drop it off, it's not hard

this

getting rid of coolant is hard, nobody will take it, autozone wont take it, walmart wont take it, trash truck wont take it.
Most of the time I re-use it or just let it run down the gutter and dilute it with a garden hose so no dogs or cats can drink it.

It's a poison you fuck.

Leave it outside in a dish so the stray cats can drink it.

I mix it with oil and give it to them.

is that ok? idk if cats can drink it

if they will then thats probably how ill get rid of it

Drink it, taste like candy apples

You're not supposed to do that tho, at my autozone they ask me if it's pure oil and not diluted with water or coolant, I imagine they wouldn't be happy if it were.
I used to have a 15 gallon plastic drum that I filled with old coolant and gasoline and oil, shit was so nasty.
Dropped it off in front of the door of autozone at 3am and let them handle it senpai, lmao

You can pour it in the drain if you have city sewers, but not if you're own a septic tank.

people pour lye and drano and bleach down the drain all of the time

whats a little antifreeze?

see

so they can? poison means it bad for the enviroment

Got any dogs or cats that are pissing you off ?

>go to autozone
>4 qts of coolant
>like 10 qts of oil
>ask cashier if they'll take it all
>hold coolant up to register
>ok come to the back pour it yourself
>start pouring oil
>guy looking at his phone not watching us
>begin pouring coolant
>he looks up
>HEYEYEHYEH no no coolant
>but you just said you'll take it all
>well I didn't know you had coolant
>leave empty oil jugs in the front trash on the way out

Stop being a fucko and ruining water systems

t. Env engineer

so spend the tax dollars you get and stabilize the water when it makes it to the plant. Fuck do your job

I dump it on the ground and let it soak into the dirt. Doesn't even kill my grass

Go to a Jiffy Lube.
They'll probably take it.
src: Jiffy Lube employee

that still fucks up the water table

Collect in a clean plastic jug and take it to your local dump or waste collection facility.
Here in ontario even crappy tire won't except used oil, coolant anymore because asshole like OP illegally dumped the products on private property. A garage near me paid hundreds of thousands to have their used oil take removed because someone mixed transformer oil with engine oil and it's environmentally regulated and contaminated the whole tank

Your local dump will have hazardous waste disposal, take it there.

>this topic
>this post

Fucking Americans why don't you die of cancer
Fucking hell what the FUCK is wrong with you
Are you mentally challenged you fuckwit
Hey how about you drink it you fucking baboon

I am 100% triggered, yes.

What the hell is wrong with you?
Why do you just assume OP is an American?
Why are you so angry?

Calm down europoor

>35 mile drive to drop off some coolant
No thank you.

>people literally saying "heheh I don't go to Auto Zone I just pour it on the ground"

Guess in what continent Auto Zone shops are.

Second guess without the Auto Zone part would be third world.

What's wrong with dumping ethylene glycol?
It's biodegradable and if well diluted the toxicity isn't an issue.

also it's not large amounts, a gallon at most, it's really a non-issue.

Yes, drink it please. It's very refreshing.

stupid edgy europoor
"hurr durr chemicals xD!"

No it doesn't you retarded ape. Ethylene Glycol degrades naturally and diluted is a total non issue

Drink a bottle of coolant and you'll be visiting the emergency room

Like what other guy said, i too mix it with oil

>drink coolant
>die
>drink diluted coolant
>die

yep totally safe pour it in your glass have a sip of it as you watch nascar :^)

Who the fuck said anything about drinking pure EG?

Your story makes no sense. There would be no way of knowing that transformer oil is mixed in with the other waste oil without being explicitly told it is there or doing a spectrascopic oil analysis on a sample before removing the waste oil, which nobody does.

>I don't know what LD50 is

I'm sure we have a major case of reverse trolling here. Or insanity in biblical proportions.

>ayyy lets drink SOME coolant xd it's biodegradable after and we're only drinking some so my body will transform it into poo xd no problemo

But your green text is literally true

fuck off

>Your local dump
A lot of places don't have public dumps. The city I lived in in CO didn't.

Does everyone here's city not have a public hazardous waste drop off? They take literally everything. Oil, oil filters, coolant, batteries, trans fluid, brake fluid, you name it they take it. It's not even a big hassle since you just drive up, drop it off, and since they take everything you only have to take one trip for multiple different things.

I just pour it down the drain, I know im not supposed to.... but fuck it.

You can flush it. Don't pour it on the ground or into a storm drain.

My local parts store always claims that their oil tank is full.

before you drain just lay an absorbent/sand all over the ground and sweep that up into the trash when the job is done.

mine does but i don't want to make the trip all the way down there and i don't really believe in global warming or any of that crap anyways

OP is 100% American

Fucking drink the fucking coolant

just kill yourself.

lye is easily neutralised with acid to make inert salts. draino is lye. bleach breaks down into chlorine gas and sodium chloride when heated or left too long.
they turn into relatively stable compounds that can be treated. antifreeze does not.

Straight back to mother nature, that's the circle of life in action.

I usually mix it with vodka and drink it in small batches with my friends. Of course they notice the taste but it's free vodka so they don't care.

>me pouring poison into the ground doesn't poison the groundwater
Special
Kind
Of
Stupid

Quads speak the truth.

Ethylene Glycol is used in huge quantities at airports for de-icing. They just let it wash away and soak into the ground. Why? The shit degrades in a couple of weeks. By the time winter is over, it's all gone.

Same with mine. So I stopped asking and just head to the back and pour it into the container which always seems to have enough room.

Green For Life waste disposal does. I guess now they test the contents of the collection tanks before pumping it into the truck for transport. It's a basic test but I assume they sent the sample for testing and yes it was confirmed to be oil used in transformers like those on utility poles.
I also know of at least 1 other company in Brampton that does the same which is why you will find individual canadian tire store which are independent dealers will now no longer accept used oil etc. Like the good ole days.

>no longer accept used oil
Accepting used oil is required for any business that sells new oil in my area by law. That's why they all say "tanks full".

NO and NO

> water systems doing their job and cleaning water is ruining the water system

This one store in my town had some fucko that would drop off 15 gallon drums full of used oil and filters in the middle of the night about every week. It went on for a solid 2 months, the cops, the ministry of environment, EVERYONE had eyes on this store. Then it stopped. Then it started at another store 2 weeks later. Every time heavy presence started it was moved.

Finally one day they caught the fucker by pure accident. A pickup truck blew a tie rod and went head first into a pole. Turns out buddy from a couple towns over owned a shaddy, but cheap, lube shop. His used oil tank was full but he didn't want to pay to get rid of it, so they just dumped it all in the drums he got oil in, and he would personally go out and get rid of it all in the middle of the night.

That cost him a lot of money. One company that actually removes oil from storage tanks worked it out and figured after all the fines and money he lost in court, he could have paid to have them remove the oil 7 times or something. Was fucking great.

ethylene glycol breaks down after a few weeks.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol

i think the recycler pays you money for used oil.

i just dump it in the open block of land near my house. Its all sand so it just soaks that shit right up famalam

In NZ it seems only Repco takes care of that shit.
Most other places it's just oil and filters.

Poor guys, I only buy from them if it's cheaper than Supercheap, which is 1% of the time.

I'm not American, but whatever retard. Stay mad that you idiots are guillible enough to fall for such a shit bait thread.

Why is this thread still up is the real question here imo

Ausfag here.
I don't use coolant containing ethylene glycol because it doesn't get that cold here.
Only corrosion inhibiter so no fucks given I just dump it out anywhere

>ruining water systems

City says it's OK.

You can poor it down a home drain not a storm drain. The treatment plant can take care of it

Same here. I just let it dump on my garage floor tho.

stop being a woman and become a real engineer

what dilution you use on your coolant?

...first time top up was neet.

second tank 50%

not mechanic so no coolant flush just yet.

>Go to autozone
>They won't take it
>Leave it in garbage can outside
>luls