Civic vs Corolla

Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/car-info/2013-vs-2014-toyota-corolla-215217
jalopnik.com/how-toyota-screwed-up-the-2014-toyota-corolla-1187863687
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who cares? They're both ugly shitboxes

Miata

Yeah but if you HAD to choose one, which is better?

None. Just get the Mazda 3.

Corollas are for adults, Civics are for spics who slap wings on the trunk

This.
But honestly the corolla has been better historically.
More configurations including rwd
Most sold car in the world
Higher quality parts. (Fuck honda distributors)
Always go corolla unless its 1998 to 2002

Brand new 2017 models?
I'd take the civic, the base model has almost 20 more hp than the top end corolla. Other than being slightly faster their probably not that much different desu. both good cars. Civic also has the Si and type R(soon) models while toyota doesn't offer a sporty model of the corolla in america. Corollas are generally a little cheaper used, especially when its comes to 90s models

Corolla

Why did they make the type R (and recent Civics) look so fucking ricey and edgy? That park bench on the back of the new Type R hatch is a joke.

neither. civic for 3k.

They know their market well.

>doesn't offer a sporty model of the corolla in america
But why?

Also, checking toyota's website the other day
>manual corolla is more expensive than an automatic corolla
but why

Because the Automatic is a CVT isn't it? Many Jap companies are incentivising it with lower prices.

Not sure what the point of this image is but the corolla has a way better interior, the Civic is just cheap and tacky.

Neither

>buying new econoboxes
i sure hope you guys don't do this.

Is this one of those >modern car design shops?

I thought of doing that to my 2013 EX-L and I'm white...

Wow, someone actually knows the years to avoid. I hate it when people say go get a cheap corolla or civic.

I'd pick the corolla especially if it's keyless entry and start. The civic posted was apparently not liked or bad for some reason

years to avoid are a meme. chances are by now any problems have been fixed.

Not really.
I see them on CL all the time
>1999 corolla - $500
>150k miles
>needs engine

None, get a Focus instead

You need to be a manlet to fit in one of those

Kek
Focus is just a poorly built knockoff mazda
Id rather have a mazda 3

Depends

I'm 6'1 and fit perfectly

I''m 6'4" and felt I was being crushed

Did you adjust the seat?

get a 2nd generation mazda3

if you live in a state that requires a front license plate it'll look like a qt bucktooth

>>doesn't offer a sporty model of the corolla in america
>But why?
You can buy a red corolla with bucket seats, shiny rinns, and a dank spoiler; it's sporty -guy who tried selling my parents a new corolla

It's probably lost $3k sitting on the lot since then.

Neither.

Get the Hyundai New-Corolla.

I have driven a 2013 Civic EX and a 2014 corolla S for at least 6 months each. The corolla felt more premium and sportier, but ultimately still cheap. The civic looks and feels pretty plain but I found it more comfortable to drive long distances, and it also got better mpgs. The backseat in the Corolla is impressive as well and the paddle shifters were neat.

>paddle shifters
cucky

daily reminder that hyundai pays german designers to copy german cars. Enjoy your fake rolex

Hourly reminder that nobody cares except buttmad krautniggers and their cucked apologists.

Liar

Whys that? Civic has a good 12 years life atleast. So in Canada dollars an ex model at 25k over 12 is a touch over 2k a year. Reasonable.

Yes. For me the hard part was getting in and out of the Focus in a comfortable way.

I've driven an Elantra. I hated it. The shifting was nice for an economy car though. Just the right amount of notch and not too far.

"White"

My Dad has a 2015 Corolla.
Pretty nice but the media center needs to be removed.
Internals are a hard plastic nightmare and is very easy to mar the surface.

No experience with the Honda but it does look alot nicer.

My friend has a 2013 Civic that I ride in often and the interior is really nice. I sat in a new Corolla at the NYAS and it wasn't nearly as good.

Corollas are cheaper by a couple thousand bucks for a reason

>Which is better?

The new Elantra with the sport suspension

I SHIT YOU NOT, GOOGLE IT

>Civic is space ship
Civic.

Mechanically the Civic is a much newer car. Hell, the '15 Corolla still uses the same 1.8L and drums in the rear.

Thats why its so good.
Its been perfected over 18 years on the same engine

Only the bare bones bottom of the barrel trim level sold as fleet rentals have drums in the back.

Also
>implying there is anything wrong with using the same old engine

Toyota is reliable BECAUSE of this.

>he doesn't understand perfection

I fucking hate this board more and more every single day, jesus christ

It's now outclassed by every other car in the segment, there's a difference between stagnation and perfection.

The chassis is also old as fuck and the base model uses a 4spd auto. Who'd of thunk Toyota would be the last manufacturer in the U.S. to use a 4spd auto?

>outclassed
In what way?
There's a simple rule in engineering, and most other trades, and that is
>if it aint broke dont fix it
Its an economy car. It doesnt need anything more than drum brakes. They're low maintenance, last forever, and do the job.

gets 36 mpg highway with the 4 speed auto. who gives a shit about having more tech just for the sake of shitty car mag articles?

Most sold car in the world.
Why mess with success?

This

The reason why other manufacturers like Ford fail is because they constantly try pushing new tech into their vehicles and it backfires or has problems

Toyota uses tried and true parts that last forever, despite not being cutting edge.

>outclassed

Not in reliability/simplicity, which are literally the only things that matter in an economy car

The fact that Toyota has been putting that same damn 7 bar digital clock in the same place for over 40 years along with the 4 speed, manual lift air vents, and drums

is just more proof that strong simplistic reliability goes a long, long way
all of this

2000 Toyota Corolla MSRP: $12,418.00 (base model)
2000 Honda Civic MSRP: $12,680 (base model)

2016 Toyota Corolla MSRP: $17,300 (base model)
2016 Honda Civic MSRP: $18,640 (base model)

For reference, $12,500 in 2000 is roughly equal to $17,500 in 2016. Pretty cool how these cars have barely changed price in 16 years.

median car prices have been falling in the 2000's when adjusted for inflation. This doesn't surprise me

Krautnigger detected

>Only the bare bones bottom of the barrel trim level sold as fleet rentals have drums in the back.
Yeah nah

I own a 2017 Limited, no buyers remorse other than not realizing a sport model was coming out. For its price point doesn't feel cheap in any way except for some hard plastic here and there, driving experience is a bit dull, but I expected to trade performance for luxury features and tech. Would have probably got a mazda 3 if the infotainment system wasn't a joke (no carplay or android auto), but the value proposition and warranty of the Hyundai sold me. I had 02 Acura TL and an 05 Civic Ex special edition as prior cars.

wow I didn't think any modern sedans had drum brakes still..

Depends on what your looking for in a car, at this price point nothing is fast or inspiring except maybe the mazda 3. I got a 2017 Elantra limited due to the warranty, all the tech features, and price point. The 3, everything was a package in order to get and the infotainment system sucked, (no android auto/apple car play) and had a cheesy interface.

>Florida license plate
The only thing Toyotas are good for

are parts

Teh fuck, it said the captcha failed, double post shit.

What are you proving with a picture of a crashed car?? Im not sure i see your point

I actually own a 2013 Corolla S. Nice big 17" alloy wheels are good for showing off those rear drums.

He's trying to "shitpost" and he's doing a bad job
Probably his car that he fucking crashed too, because he thought it was a sports car and understeered into a ditch
Now he has a personal problem with toyota and has to justify it to a bunch of anonymous faggots online
Am i going too far?

>In what way?
It doesn't lead the segment in any way. Whether it be power, fuel economy, interior space, cargo space, standard trim, available features. Not to mention the most powerful one you can get is the ECO model with only 140hp which pales in comparison to others like the Focus and 3 which btfo out of the Corolla dynamically as well.

Because other compacts are getting 40+mpg highway now. Again, complacency kills in the car market.

>new corolla ranked 14/23 compact cars
>hurr it's still the golden standard

Toyotafags are this delusional, there are better cars for the money. But people will happily buy them because it has a T in the grille. Just look at the sales charts.

The reason the Civic and Corolla stole away sales from the big three in NA back in the day was because of the quality as well as the reliability. The Corolla uses more hard plastic than any other compact(even kia) in the interior, has an outdated chassis and powertrain. It's doing what's known as resting on its laurels.

Seems like the garages fault for not using proper jack points desu
Imagine trying to bend a stick over your knee

You're a cuck with a used goods wife who you were too stupid to pull out of, have no friends because you're a socially retarded vanilla mud stick with no passion, and will be miserable for the rest of your life past getting yanked for all your cuckbucks after the impending divorce and losing your half retarded womb drug baby.

you're a complete loser for life

Just got behind the wheel of a 2014 Corolla S Plus. Actually liked the feel of it. Might go back again for another drive this weekend.

Seems like you're misinformed about the lifting points for the Tacoma desu.
Imagine Toyota having a recall over frame rot issues from rust.

>the '15 Corolla still uses the same 1.8L

Wait what? They can't still be using the 1ZZ-FE?

All Corollas except the ECO model use the same 1ZZ-FE. The ECO model ads VVT.

I'm trying to buy a 03 rav4 2.0 with over 200k miles. i want a 5spd suv and 4cyl 4runner 5spds are impossible to find.

>mfw

NO. It's a piece of shit that you're paying a premium for. Just get a civic for 3k.

Well.. What if I want to buy new? I'm open to the idea of getting a civic. I'm just looking to spend 10-15k

>Wanting to drive a rusted old unsafe worn down shitbox intentionally

Brain damage.

autotrader.com/car-info/2013-vs-2014-toyota-corolla-215217
jalopnik.com/how-toyota-screwed-up-the-2014-toyota-corolla-1187863687

There's seriously very little reason to buy a '14+ Corolla over one that's a few years older for thousands less. Tbh the only Corolla I would want is an XRS(2ZZ 6spd, not the shit newer one) and those aren't common.

Oh also, not everyone wants to look like a poor Mexican driving a 3k civic

This

I got civic before corolla
next car I sware in front of every mother fucker God in the world
I'm buy Mazda, definitely.

No. It gets a worse mileage than Civics, Mazda3, etc with a smaller engine displacement. It's a stagnant outdated design.

>yet still sells more
Really makes you think

Corolla

Corolla

Why would you want to spend that much on an appliance? A 3k civic can do everything a shitty new corolla can. Get an aux adapter that plugs into the back of the radio and then plug your phone into that or plug in a Bluetooth adapter if you care about that sort of thing. It's got cruise control and keyless entry. No you won't have heated seats but who really cares? Driving an older car doesn't make you a Mexican or poorfag. Just frugal. Save the money for fun shit. A trip, a project car, some other hobby. If you buy one for 2500-3k you might be in it for 6k after 6-8 years.

Don't buy one that's rusted. And keep it stock.

And i $1000 corolla will do MORE than a $3k civic can do

I hate to admit it.. but when I walked into the Used Toyota dealer's room tonight, I was hoping to find one of those.

I found a pristine 87 Camry, though.

Again, I don't want to look like a poorfag Mexican driving a 3k Civic. Are you too dumb to understand this? If you're okay with driving a 3k shitbox then go right the fuck ahead.

You can buy a used Scion shitbox that's less than 10 years old for not much more, and it's probably even more reliable. And they're hatchbacks with way more versatility and comfort.

A car doesn't make you look like a poorfag Mexican. Poorfag Mexicans modify their shitbox civics. If you keep it stock your image is fine.

You can find a 5k Scion hatchback that's way newer and does everything your 3K Civic does better.

kek, no it actually looks that shitty.