Why do Germans insist on making things extremely complicated for negligible gains?

Why do Germans insist on making things extremely complicated for negligible gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mX-Nau2OvV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because we can. And we can charge good money for repairs.

Purely to spite self taught Murrikan redneck mechanics.

That thing isnt complicated you retard.

> for """"gains""""""

Still loses to a fucking dode viper

Still discontinued. Also the competitors don't even have Bookshelf wings on them yet.

>timing chain replacement for Audi: 20 labour hours by certified Audi technician, $1200
>timing belt replacement for Chevy: watch a 15 minute tutorial video on YouTube and grab 2 socket wrenches, or your friend Jerry will do it for a 6 pack

B-but HP/L tho

We all know that you rotated the tires on your Honda.. But please..

It takes that long because they need to remove the engine. The engine isnt complicated by itself

No one is forcing you to buy those 'overcomplicated' German engines OP.

You can keep buying good ol' merrican cars made by fat red necks in Kentucky :)

cool made in usa

>Hurrrr manual laborers look like shit. This means something about cars because I'm a fucking twat.

this

:)

>Manual labourers anywhere prior to the the finishing stage of a modern car
>In this the year of God Emperor Trump

Goofy fat fuck that hasn't cut his hair in 10 years

We get your point Achmed, you hate America.

I fully intend to.

>2016
>hating a continent

?

so they are less reliable and cost more to repair.
Cars have a fixed limited lifetime, this is by design.

wtf i hate continents now

>Hating a country this much
Damn lad, where did the mean old USA touch you?

Snobs are attracted to meaningless specs like HP/L.

Truth is, an LS is overall lighter and smaller than most German V8's even if the displacement is huge.

The one thing GM usually ace is building engines, but then they surround them with complete heaps of shit.

Sour grapes, don't mind the yurocucks. They should just get a range ban, really.

Look at a video of AMG manufacturing or McLaren. Tell me that 200lb Becky who says y'all is better at making cars than anal-retentive Hans.

Anal retentive? AMG is not Lexus. The LFA production was off the charts mad.

Yeah pretty much, a VF Holden Commodore is an example of Gm at least trying to have a half decent body and interior.

in my experience guys that look like this know more about cars than they guys that engineered them.

this so much

Most actual AMG engines (not Mercedes engines with a shiny sticker) are hand-built and tuned. Of course you need to be like that when you are hand building a German engine. Lexus is what Mercedes used to be minus the edgy styling.

You realize that timing chain replacements have longer intervals right?

Being an aircraft mechanic I am not phased by anything anymore.

Not when the chain guides are cheap fucking plastic.

I'm becoming an avionics tech. What am I in for?

>avionics

Yeah, mostly headaches with software interface. Dealing with FADEC engines, downloading files and codes, sometimes your computer decides you're an asshole and won't talk to an ECU or component for hours.

Wiring schematics, you better get good at this. I do a lot of troubleshooting which involves some avionics work. It can be a pain but not horrible.

AMG vs chevrolet manufacturing? The difference is in the price tag, and it shows. German cars are just like their tanks in WWII, superior on paper but in practice worse at actually doing their job in every way.

Seriously I didn't realize people here were that judgmental about appearance.

Depends on the type of aircraft. I prefer general aviation and vintage aircraft maintenance. The IO-360 is the LS of the skies.

Which makes it all the more fucking expensive. And yeah, that's still a complicated as fuck chain drive.

at what time and day would you need to replace a timing chain?

Let's say 10 belt changes costs the same as one TC change. No way an engine will use 10 belts in its life.

Whenever the cheapass plastic chain guides and tensioners wear out, which can be anywhere from 50k to 200k miles.

>chevrolet and AMG in the same sentence

HAHAHAHAAH

oh wait are you serious?

What does that even mean? This is literally a comparison that was just made by Fucking insufferable cunt. It's a good thing your continent is turning into middle east pt. 2

Mostly work on newer jets as I work in a OEM service center, the new jets are definitely better maintenance wise but still have those wtf were they thinking things.

I also work on legacy jets (aka flying museums) everything is hydro-mechanical and have adjustment screws up the ass.

Maintenance manuals are pretty good for the most part but I always end up finding an old fart to help out in some things manuals don't clearly specify how to do. God bless their old asses for still hanging out.

The only prop airplane I've worked on is the Cessna caravan and that thing is just like working on an old Toyota.

Every 60 thousand miles, which is 10 thousand miles after the plastic chain guides failed.

This must be related somehow.

>I and me buddy Steve can't fix it in the barn, me don't want it

If you can afford to get into general aviation, do it. You can built and fly your own kit plane with a reasonable budget, and maintenance is a walk in park and fun in comparison I would imagine. Flying for fun is the best kind of flying.

Wasn't that the lemon car with a bad ECU? Yeah that is really uncommon since.

Yeah about Hans- He got laid off for the diversity hire of Haji over here who was making kebabs three months ago. Not that it really matters since the line engineer has them running a multi-bit impact as idiot proofing for things like the head bolts literally so they don't have to have attention to detail for things like torque sequences.

Rekt

>expensive
And?
>complicated chain drive
for a retard

She looks like shit. I'm buying Audi from now on, they have qt 3.14 blonde haired goddesses putting together TTs in their Austria factory.

>this is what europoors actually believe

It isn't complicated. It's complex.

I guess you've never owned a Quad 4 or Northstar V8.

Higher end cars are always built from the best materials by highly skilled technicians using aerospace quality tools.
youtu.be/mX-Nau2OvV0

Pasta eaters BTFO.

Ferrari is a special case in any case. They do whatever the fuck they want, always and in anything, not giving a shit about anything. Not even their customers.

now that explains the mandatory 2000km periodic maintenance.

You wouldn't be saying that if that engine was in your car

The broken socket is one of many expected things about a production Ferrari. Their build quality has been shit since forever.
I believe it has improved in the past decade and a half, but it still shows, everywhere, that they really don't give much of a fuck. Because they don't have to.
See, if they scare away one customer, whether via their shit mechanics or impressively stupid interactions with customers, there's always a line of customers waiting behind that.
They don't care.

You don't buy a Ferrari because it's good, but to show everyone that you can afford one.

>Germans
Just give it a generation or two, then they'll be brown, chucking spears at each other and you can complain about how they stole your bike

If I remember correctly, the issue with these was a fuckup with the tensioner. The reason they are chains and at the back of the engine because they were supposedly meant to last the life of the car and never need changed.

Obviously that didn't happen, but they weren't intended to be a maintenance item so accessibility and complexity weren't considered originally

means literally the same thing, look it up

Kek

Uh, Actually his name is Devin and he will do it for a can of chew.