Exotic marquees aside, is Mazda the greatest manufacturer of all time?

Exotic marquees aside, is Mazda the greatest manufacturer of all time?

They're definitely the car company with the most car enthusiasts. I'm not sure if that's enough to qualify them as the greatest.

They are great, but I would wait for the RX9 to decide if they are the GOAT.

>not giving the RX8 a turbo
>giving up on sucking dick for apex seals and retiring wankels
>stopped making great cheap rally starter cars
Yeah. Totally.

>best economy compact in the market
>best economy medium-sized sedan in the market
>best economy crossover
>best economy sports car
When you've dominated econoboxes, you need to move onto something superior.

Mazda needs a luxury division.

>Still waiting for Mazda to reinvent manufacturing and be in every economy/business/finance book ever.

But fords use mazda engines and chassis

their modern styling sucks

Said no one ever

remember the Ford Fiesta/Mazda 121?

spooked the fuck out of me when i was a kid as i did have a grasp on the concept of badge engineering but had a solid grasp of marques and models

The only ford part is the badge
Its 99.99% mazda/hyundai

oops forgot pic

Too many holes in their lineup and they have no engines to compete with 2JZ/RB20/LS. Make more B4000s, get a luxury line with at least one squarebody barge, put together a high output turbo I6/V6, and we'll talk.

it was a 99% Ford to 1% Mazda ratio on the roads though. I didnt know Ford bought in Mazdas. You learn something new everyday

Old ones were epic

Because ford built it cheaper
>less reliable

thats Porsche or Honda

Rotary truck when?

In the 70s

they didnt bring them out over here, just the later models.

I assume ford just built them on license then?

Ford didnt build them
Mazda and hyundai did. Then ford stuck a badge on it

>Ford didnt build them
>Then ford stuck a badge on it
The story of most of fords cars

You mean make more B2000s and make a 24X-powered sport luxury coupe (Cosmo) and luxury sedan (Mazda9 RE).

Yeah, probably.

They had one.

BRING BACK EUNOS
BRING BACK COSMOS
BRING BACK WANKERS

The REPU is cool and all, but isn't that counter to the point of trucks? Like, don't you want torque with trucks?

Absolutely, they'll probably be able to knock out Genesis and Infiniti, but competing with Lexus will be hard for them.
Literally better than majority of car manufacturers today. The badge is ugly, but everything else is fine.

Compact trucks were never intended for moving anything heavy. They're for putting around town and moving a sofa every once in a while.

Ford, Nissan, Honda, Skoda, Mercedes, Toyota etc are all better.

They used it to pull a glider into flight.
Also doritos make nice even torque

Guys
I'm scared
Their grilles keep getting bigger with every redesign and facelift
They're gonna stop, r-right?

Why doesn't Mazda have own its luxury division like Honda and Toyota

They will eventually.
Subaru doesnt either

Mazda is too good for rebadges. They should just make the rumor about making their entire line up rwd true and keep some lower trims for poorfags.

>Subaru doesn't either

I hope it does at some point, so they can separate their performance vehicles from the luxury.

toss up between mazda and bmw

>mercedes
gtfo

They did. It was called Amati and it didn't last very long.

If they didn't rebadge it wouldn't sell in Ameristan, sadly.

Honestly most people I know do not know Infiniti is Nissan, Acura is Honda, Lexus is Toyota, etc.

And even with the people that do know, they know that having the badge makes them feel better than the rest of the plebs buying the pleb tier brand. I know people who think their Acura is way better than your Civic even though they're based off the same chassis/engine whatever.

If Mazda brought back Eunos or whatever and just put some more luxury components in their car, it would sell better.

Nah the new mazda grill is shit. You're a moron

If you're gay then mazda is for you.

You have to be declared clinically blind. They look like soccer mum cars, which they are actually

Meh toyota and honda is still better.

>most car enthusiast
Gayiata and bunch of shitboxes doesnt make you an enthusiast

>Civic is limited to 180kph

If you've ever driven a Mazda shitbox, you'll notice that they have an autistic fixation on making all of their shitboxes fun for no goddamn reason whatsoever.

>greatest
>mazda

Pretty fucking sad when you have yet to make a car over 300hp, no supercars ever, no useful trucks ever. Your only claim to fame is a underpowered British roadster ripoff.

> you'll notice that they have an autistic fixation on making all of their shitboxes fun for no goddamn reason whatsoever.

I know a 85 year old that regrets buying a Mazda 3. He says it's slow and boring. Bleh.

>no useful trucks ever
okay

>no supercars ever
they dont need when their lowly rx7 spanked euroshit 'supercars'

>no cars with more than 190HP

What did they mean by this?

Its limited at 130mph on modern ones usually.

>max kph matters in cornering
Pleb

>130 MPH limiter
Why even bother at that point? If you're going to be driving your shitbox at 130 MPH, what's another 10 or 15?

Mazda best carfu

They're not as cool as Mitsubishi or Kawasaki because they didn't build planes during WWII.

They literally rose from the ashes of annihilation like their badge resembling a phoneix taking flight alludes to, they started with nothing and have never been afraid to push the envelope to help differentiate themselves while having a healthy commitment to motorsports. I'm not into owning fwd cars but if I had to I would get a turbo mazda with a five speed, t. someone with a self restored miata who has owned like seven old bmw's not counting motorcycles. Working on my mazda has that same sense of play and child like wonder compared to my old bmw's.

>im gay and not an enthusiast
Thats what your post say sorry
Maybe r/cars is for you