I'm buying a new car for the first time and I've narrowed it down to pic related or a Civic...

I'm buying a new car for the first time and I've narrowed it down to pic related or a Civic, although leaning toward the Jetta. What are Veeky Forums's thought's on this? I'm buying new but still looking for something relatively cheap, I'm starting my first serious job and reliable transportation is a must. Please share your thoughts on the Jetta.

>buying new
Enjoy your 50% depreciation the second you sign for it

get the golf instead of the jetta if you can

i've been looking at the jetta, too
haven't found much in terms of reviews for the new models

who buys a new car as an investment?

get whichever one you like more. both are boring A to B econoboxes, if you want to have at least some fun while drive get a mazda 3 or ford focus

The Jetta (or Golf) is pretty nice for an A to B econobox, and should be reliable enough while still under warranty.

get a golf instead if these are the sort of cars you're looking at

literally why would you want to willingly take on a depreciating asset

That's not me being a Kronenburg either, its common sense

I like the Golf too. What do you think makes it worth the extra bit of money?

again, it's not an investment for [most] people
i'm not looking to buy new, hoping for it to retain it's value for when i finally sell it
i'm buying new--especially with german cars-- to have a warranty and for it's use

just because you worry about depreciating value doesn't mean others don't
we're not all brokebois

why not just a Ford Focus Mk1?

16 civic a best
Not sure about the jetta though I gotta look it up

jetta is a good car but vw is hella stupid for not having it on the mqb platform so its lagging behind its objectively superior bros like the GTI.

if you can spend the extra $3-5k id go fot a gti, funner, more space, better quality than the civic

Subjective, but I think the jetta is boring looking car.

The ford focus drives well, so thats also a good option.

Just get a civic for 3k.

I've got a Jetta GLI, I like it

what year
what transmission

Slightly better quality interior and subjectively better cargo carrying

>mazda 3 or ford focus

This, though the mazda 3's overall quality is miles ahead of the focus

Also focus only if manual, the powershift is aids, ford claims to have fixed it,m dont believe them.

2016, DCT

I have a 2014 Jetta 1.8T.
It's aiiite.

Civics are meh, but don't buy a Volkswagen product.

Don't buy a VAG product out of warranty*, under warranty they tend to be fine. Then once it runs out, have fun with all those expensive repairs.

Honestly, I'll probably trade or sell mine when the warranty is up.

The new civics are pretty dope, the touring edition packs a lot for the price you pay. Check if you local dealer has an '16s they are trying to clear out, you could get one for a couple grand off, plus might still be able to haggle down. The hatchback was pretty cool too, but mind you the hatch touring wont be out till next year. Honda's are typically cheaper to fix too, the civic is pretty much built in Ontario (Canada) so parts aren't absurdly priced like the VW. They hold about the same value too. Maybe have a look at a new Impreza too, subarus have some of the highest resale values.

I knew a guy that bought a trendline jetta and he wasn't overly happy with it after his second year having it. Not too peppy either.

Honda will be reliable for sure. I drive Honda, but would definitely try out a VW Jetta if I had the chance.

Please save yourself by getting a low mileage pre-owned one.

I bought my Honda 3.5 years ago, and it has lost nearly half its value! $19,000 to barely over $10,000. Never again will I buy a new car.

>VAG

do you already have a car? what's wrong with it?

Get the Honda, much better resale value and reliability.

kek'd at this retarded comparison

why not compare a huracan, porche 911 turbo s, or another vehicle made by VAG

Get a Mazda 3 you tard.

I was at the Honda dealership yesterday and the new civics look like shit.

The fake vents are awful.

Yuck