Does Hyundai offer an insane warranty because

Does Hyundai offer an insane warranty because
A
>their cars are shit
or B
>they're trying to muscle their way into a market that, up until recently, hasnt taken them seriously
Its hard to deny they still have some issues, but they're gone from a literally who economy brand to a respectable powerhouse in less than decade.
What do you think?

both

Yeah both

/thread

Both but at least in Canada they haven't fell to the cvt and low displacement turbo engine meme.
For the coupe genesis the sportiest trim is the base model.

Went to the Hyundai dealership today because they have a $50 promo if you just go test drive a car (do this over their site).

>Walk in
>Dealership looks dead as balls
>Show them the promo and went to test drive a Genesis G80
>Drives like shit, looks like a Mustang, and interior looks out dated compare to the Mercedes and BMW and even goddamn Lexus.
>60k price tag (tax included)

Noped my way out and got 50 bux.

Seriously, fuck Hyundai. You have to be retarded to not buy a Toyota/Honda over a fucking Hyundai.

They're really good at making their cars look like the best option on paper and fucking shit at everything else.

damn the genesis was that bad? like was it really that bad or are you just giving a Veeky Forums over-the-top response?

This.

Also you can actually find their base models on the lot too. When it came timd to buy a vehicle the genesis coupe was literally 3 or 4 on my list. But every v8 mustang on the lots in my region were optioned to the 45k+( canadian) and to get a 370z that was shit (lsd, and even basic shit like a telescoping steering wheel) was creeping up on 42k. I walked onto the hyundai lot and got an rspec for 29k that fucking day. Would have taken 3 months to have a base model v8 mustang ordered for me and it was still 11k more.

Hyundai doesnt "wow" very often if ever. But there is something to be said for getting some value for your $$

Rumor is the next gen Veloster is going to be a mid-engine sports car with only two sears. Imagine having that with a 200k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Maybe good enoguh to be successful and convince the Japs to start making mid-engine cars again.

Its still 20 grand less than the cars it competes with directly. The sacrifices are there but if you have 60k to spend as your upper limit you get to sniff what 80k gets you somewhere else. Its not on par but its a reasonable facsimile.

I dont know about the g80 but i do know the 5.0 genesis sedan drives like fucking butter and gets you to 60 in about 5 flat so its nothing to turn your nose at.

thats what I thought. you can pick up a used 5.0 Genesis 2015 for about 35k. If you go with the 3.8 you're lookin at 27-32k for a 2015. I think they look p good and the interiors were aite. no its not a Merc, but desu I dont trust Mercs and feel like the Hyundai would be cheaper maintenance and cost to own

>This guy spent 30k on a Hyundai

>wheel bearing shot at 8k miles
>fixed for free
>washed and detailed for free
>we topped off all your fluids too for free

>killed my trunk latch after 18k miles
>fixed for free
>washed and detailed for free
>we topped off your fluids, added nitrogen to your tires and replaced your wiper blades for free

It's Lexus levels of service. On a shitbox.

How the fuck can they accord to do this?

All the goddamn Elantras and Sonatas that roll off the lots.

>How the fuck can they accord to do this?
It's a race against time for them. Not because of Kia. But sooner or later, China and its many large car companies will try to enter the market. If Hun and Kia don't have a large presence and dealer chains built up, they can be forcibly swept out of the market.

>Canadian

Thats like a cup of coffee and an oil change state side.

Will America really let a large Chinese contender enter its auto market though?this is an interesting thought.

Volvo is already here

>Will America really let a large Chinese contender enter its auto market though?
Why not?

It already let Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, Fiat, BMW in. It already lets China source many parts including counterfeit parts and blatant patent violation parts. Don't forget that Clinton signed into law that China has the MFN trade status (most favored nation). It's next to impossible to deny China when Hillary will be the next president and the Clinton Foundation keeps getting more "donations". Hillary already stated that Bill will handle the economy side for her. GM already made plans as if Hillary will win and various car subassembly as well as an entire buick assembly line will move to china for production by 2017, 2018, and 2019 for parts and subassemblies, and 2020 for a full car line which would be imported back to the usa for sale. That avoids usa labor costs (salary, benefits, 401k, medical, social security payments, unemployment payments, etc). If usa workers want to compete, they should learn to work at chinese worker wages and chinese worker benefit plan levels.

Hyundai has been steadily improving but still have a way to go.

Gives appliancefags a serviceable vehicle with a warranty that will last as long if not longer than the lease, which is actually fucking fantastic.

Still not something I'd buy but I'm keeping an eye on them, I can see Hyundai managing to be something other than a joke in the next decade.

>next gen Veloster is going to be a mid-engine sports car with only two sears.

You have my attention, hyundai. Don't fuck it up.

>Hyundai has been steadily improving but still have a way to go.

All cars have improved, so Hyundai has a continually moving target. At least their super warranty lets them close the consumer confidence gap. Of course they have less profit, but that's how it goes.

Is Hyundai better than chinese cars? Certainly. Especially since chinese companies often don't honor their warranty as they find some technicality to not service it. Or they do a "non repair" before returning it to you.

picture: chinese car hits bicycle

I suppose the picture would look different if it was hyundai hits bicycle.

Literally any car you buy new off the lot will last 5 years by just changing the oil.

Their G80 drives like a Chinese knock-off Mustang, their Tuscon and Santa Fe have comparable power to an aggressive leaf blower, and the Elantra is supported by idiotic 24-yearold single mothers who have no money and think 0/down with a good warranty will help them when they never change the oil.

Hyundai's (((warranty))) doesn't cover electronics after 3 years, which is simultaneously the most expensive part to fix and the most likely to break, then you gotta go back to the dealer to get your backup camera fixed and pay $500 for it.

From my personal experiences, OP, I'd say B.

>Does Hyundai offer an insane warranty because

C. They are trying to increase market share in order to be able to support having more dealerships.

Because they had a reputation for being garbage in the past, but things are changing

>Hyundai's (((warranty))) doesn't cover electronics after 3 years
Fuck proprietary bullshit electronics with non-free software. Does anyone else cover electronics after 3 years? It would be nice if Honda paid for that $900 ECU and alternator. ;_;

Their cars are no longer shit according to Consumer Reports. More reliable than the 2016 Hondas.

The Sonata and Elantras sell like hotcakes, and unlike their shitty attempts at sports cars, their shitboxes are built well enough to last 100000+ miles

Probably, and they'll be just like how Hyundai/KIA are back in the 90's, or Honda in the early 80's. Cheap Pieces of shit at first but get better in quality as the years pass, while keeping a low price point resulting in a sales boom

Holy shit Tesla

>>they're trying to muscle their way into a market that, up until recently, hasnt taken them seriously
its almost definitely this

if their cars were shit they wouldnt offer a warranty at all, as they'd have to actually replace the car. offering insane warranties is a way of basically betting that your product will never, ever break down, and it's a bet that most people will be willing to challenge by taking something with a warranty over something without one

>Holy shit Tesla
The latest consumer reports car buying guide puts tesla in last place for electric car "mileage". So tesla is not doing well unless you pay that extra fee to allow software to unlock their full battery capacity. However consumer reports doesn't like that approach in their ratings and punishes tesla for it.

> battery DRM
Good

These.

They copy all their cars and produce them for 5 bucks. Even with insane warranty and cheap prices, they still make tons of money. It should really make you think.

Can we please stop posting these idiotic rankings. Everyone who knows a bit about cars has to realise that they're bullshit.
>Audi 18 places above VW
mhh yeah makes perfect sense. leather interiors always improve reliability.

>They make it FWD
Cap it

Honda S660

I mean it's based on owner surveys. VW owners report more problems than Audi owners.

So Audi owners are lying to themselves about their shit purchases?

Yeah, how else would they justify spending Mercedes/BMW/Lexus money on a VW with more leather?