What does Veeky Forums think of the Fiero?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Fiero?
Specifically, the 88 GT.

Interesting.

>fire-o
Junk

Body kit

Cool.

Best handling Fieros, and a great start for an engine swap

How's the reliability of them? My father says they're trash, all his autobody buddies say they are trash, but I've heard nothing but good from the internet. Anybody here have any experience with them?

Your father and his buddies are probably retarded boomers who hate anything that isn't a FR V8.

Embrace the mid-engine love.

ugly shitboxes with an apparent cancerous online community

I knew a guy who was a Fiero enthusiast and even he thinks theyre shit after messing with them for years

he got a Turd gen and sold all of them

just get an mr2 theyre better looking, faster, and more reliable

Everything about it screams yes to me

What actually is wrong with them though?

Better looking is subjective, I personally much prefer the Fiero aesthetics-wise.

>What actually is wrong with them though?

They're just like every other MR car: they're bitch to work on
Anything major that needs to be done to the engine requires that the engine be dropped, especially if you shoehorn a or any V configured engine

But fuck that, if you're willing to put in the wrenching they're worth it

Could you carburate one?

Needs a body kit and an engine swap.

needs a ls4

Best year and engine from the factory.

bump

When these things came out they were a meme. So many caught on fire that they were referred to as the new pinto. My buddies sister had one and caught on fiero on at a stop light, nearly burned her ass down. Buy one if you hate yourself.

Wasn't that less than a percent of a percent? Besides, that was the 84. I'm pretty sure they fixed it in every other model.

Just get an mr2 m8

my neighbour owned one, naturally I went out and bought the same year equivalent Turbocharged MR2.

It's more or less better in every way.
not even meme-ing.
yamaha designed the top of the toyota blocks.
so you're in pretty good hands.
fieros just have coolant issues and fires under the bonnet (literally) 0/10 would not recommend

Needs a body kit

They aren't to bad with reliability, just some typical old car maintenance mainly (things will break). Don't listen to the hard to work on memes. They even give you a nice trunk to use as a step and seat while working.
The car is very fun and also extremely comfortable for long term cruising with the 88 suspension. It's a car worth getting into, it's addicting and the community (or cult) is awesome.

They had 3.

3 confirmed fires.

Out of millions of cars sold.

>Turbo MR2
That's not a SW20 you fucking casual, typical Commiefornians spewing bullshit and acting like they know

yeah and think about how many went unconfirmed

I know for a fact that a the dude I know had 2 fires

and then you actually check facts and it gets more hilarious

>Of the total production of the Pontiac Fiero of 370,168,[1] 135 (.036%) of them were reported to have had engine fires, 122 of these occurred while driving, according to the NHTSA.

Fieros are shit with a retarded fanbase that rush to defend them cosntantly

A ratio that low doesn't mean all that much with proper maintenance. You could also compare the number of fires in the prelude to fiero and they would be close. Shitty placement, tubes and housing can be swap/changed for cheap.

Meanwhile Ferraris have a fire ratio of 5%
And teslas have a fire ratio of 100% in any major crash.

Regardless, when I finally get one, it's getting an engine swap, and a lightening of all useless material back there anyway. So I could care less really

yeah but a Ferrari is a cool exotic
and Teslas are the hot new tech machine that still has bugs

Fieros are just shit

Holy fucking shit that is quite literally nothing. You wanna talk about shit catching fire that's actually a problem? XJs. They had faulty wiring from the factory that was totally underguaged and the headlight switches frequently melted or burned the truck down. And, it happened in a number of vehicles that could actually be described as STATISTICALLY RELEVANT.

Plus, the problem only existed in 84's with the 4 cylinder(which was fixed by a recall anyway). Since OP is asking about an 88 GT, the fact is completely irrelevant.

i think they just scream look at me im a 16 year old faggot

My boss had a fiero that i got to work on. they're neat cars and are pretty zippy and fun. but as for a stock one i'd say fuck it. Parts are hard and shitty to find, they aren't very reliable, the headlight motors break often. I do like the look of them though. But if you want something with simlilar style but what seems to be a better car in every way i'd go with the mr2. Oh and i also liked the feiros dash, fuggin neato