/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare game you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon leaks. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
If you don't have a PSP game for Adrenaline access, your only option is to use a PS3 to download from PSN then transfer to the Vita. Demos cannot transfer, only full PSP games and PS minis will work.
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/> PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently./type/posts/
3ds.guide/updating-a9lh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's there

Removed gateway but my sd card still has emunand partition on it. How do I remove it without using gateway's emunand format option?

I thought you guys said there was a way to have more than 100 friends on 3ds on CFW? If I have to actually use NTR to extend it, what happens to the people past the limit?

Steins;Gate ln(1) NEVER.

Try reading the OP before posting.

So I back up save first with JK, delete the title with fbi, then get the freeshop thing, and finally reimport save right?

Not missing any important steps?

1st for slowhax needs to speed up

Just you have to start the game before it'll let you import again (I think selecting a language is as far as you need to go)

dude drug

So do all N3DS's you buy new in-store come with the latest firmware thhat is a headfuck to downgrade?

just have to solder 4 wires

no

some are months old. Avoid bundles and check the serial number before you buy

> PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.

what's the story behind this?

Reminder that sissy anime boys need to be BLACKED.

no they don't even come with 11.1 yet it's pretty easy to avoid the 11.0 ones so it doesn't matter

>Steins;Gate still not dumped

wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/
friendly reminder that the OP is WRONG and you can download a PSP game without a ps3

Guys how did they write dsihax what debuger did they use

hey so, we can just install hacks on the pstv instead of the ps vita, right?

>all ages trash
not even worth an illegal download

You already asked yesterday
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/> PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently./type/posts/

it's only for 3.61 and onwards, you will never be able to play it on henkaku
yes, a pstv is just a vita without a screen

How do you update a9lh?

Can you do it with a QR code / update cia like lumaupdater?

Does updating change literally anything?

fuck im retarded then. ive been looking for a vita but i couldve just bought a fuckcheap pstv like every other guy

3ds.guide/updating-a9lh

3DSISO Admin wrote: "ALL PASSWORDS WERE COMPROMISED. ALL PASSWORDS ARE IN A ZIP ON THE DARK WEB."

If you need to ask it's best not to risk it. There's no reason to update

Never say never.
The code is out there, just gotta find a way to get it all set up.
So PROBABLY never.
Only sith deal in absolutes.

>all ages
really? how?

You only really need to update Luma sometimes

I've been lazy and just stuck with rxtools since I first put cfw on my O3DS. Where do I start on the a9lh guide?

My sysnand is 9.2 and my emunand is 11.2

start step 1

Just go through it. When it asks for version, use 9.2

Alright, I'm not sure how to do that after all. I couldn't find any mention of it in the current guide and I'm not sure how to determine which of my several extdata folders I should delete. Any advice?

Could be a root letter situation where we can copy the English stuff in

>literally 60 bongbucks on ebay ATM
>for 20 more you could get an actual portable console with a screen + attached controls
>buying a non portable version of ahandheld

where can i get a cia for mario party star island? titlekey site says the key hasnt been decrypted yet, and i can't find a cia download anywhere.

>not just keeping the randomly generated pass and letting your browser remember it for pirate sites like this

not much cash thats why im on this mongolian chinese chess board inquiring bout free games

>black friday n3ds
>11.0
>no softmod downgrade yet
>can't be arsed to do hardmod

softmod when?

soon supposedly, will still require dsiware though

copy paste from the guide:
Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
EUR Region: Delete 00000098
JPN Region: Delete 00000082
USA Region: Delete 0000008f
CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

according to hackinformer, it'll be 5 hours

What's a good card to use to play DS games on a hacked 3DS?

The Four Swords DSiWare game works for this shit right?

What's the best sd card for the inevitable cfw for my n3ds black friday?

any really just get one of the $10 ones

>access the eShop

Hey you know this part needs to be taken out? It doesn't work on 10.4 and up. Also what the fuck, why did you not namedrop Legends of Exidia? It's still available and OP needs to advise that.

DSTT

So is Wii U Rednand developed enough to be safe/reliable? It's been released for like 2 months or something

httpwn works for going on the eshop up to 11.1 just fine

samsung or kingston, grab the cheapest 32 or 64 GB one

Can't make the World of Final Fantasy VO DLC work, any suggestions? It installs correctly on mai, but I cant seem to select the voice option on the menu.

But you need to use the eShop HANS Homebrew and that is broken from 10.4 up. I'm pretty sure.

nope

i'm already blacked

Yes, because if you simply enter the eShop it will tell you to update. You have to use the HANS trick.

Shit will that one work? Some chick that lives near me is selling one for like $5

MARIO MAKER CIA WHEN

Why is Retroarch 3DS so bad? On NES and Gameboy I get jittery pixels and screen tearing on my A9LH n3DS. NES injection sucks too since it's not pixel perfect, darkened colours and no button mapping.

>black friday n3ds
>sold out
>only going for $180
I just wanted a small black N3DS.

Oh shit how did I miss that? Well I deleted it and hbl still doesn't want to play ball. I'll just try restoring backups until it works. Thanks anyway, user.

ctr-httpwn works fine for 11.0 at least. And Legends of Exidia is literally in the OP image

httpwn brings you back to the home menu

Post pozzed boipucci.

I hear you there. My n3ds xl is kinda fucked and I looked all over the place for the black friday one. No luck. Think there's any hope for cyber monday?

nice try user

You could always open the link and read which game it's talking about if you're interested.

Just paid my piracy tax (Bought Legends of Exidia) and also bought boxboy because it's on sale and someone has to keep nintendo alive.
Any other games on sale I should buy or are we firmly in the "Fuck nintendo and their anti consumer shit" camp?
I-I wanna be blacked...

So I just got a n3ds on 10.7 and forgot it needs a MicroSD card. I'm gonna pick one up soon but for now with the 4gb card, how far along through the cfw/downgrade tutorial can I get before I should just stop and wait? I can AT LEAST downgrade right?

Source faggot
Also
>not using a shitty password when registering on shady sites
>not hashing and salting passwords

my dick?

well, u got me there xD

/nintyg/ knows what needs to be bought. Ask them.

Also, let's say I have a hacked o3DS and a 2DS on 11.2 with all my shit on it.
Would it be cool to update my hacked o3DS to 11.2, system transfer all my shit to the o3DS from the 2DS, then wait a week and transfer back to the 2DS and DSi downgrade it?

Literally google the quote and you'll find 3 threads on it. Or look in the last thread. I'd link 3DSISO but he's taken it down for now. Probably because every thread got deleted.

Source?

EVERY FUCKING SUBFORUM HAD THE ADMIN POSTING THE SAME MESSAGE.

God, people are incompetent and can't read in hbg.

any body got a link to dragonball fusions cia?

link or i'll fart in your face. (im a gurl)

christ i cannot for the life of me find a way to get homebrew setup on a pstv WITHOUT a ps vita

>not having a 256GB sd card

>using an sd card

Fuck off you fat nasty trash. We only roleplay with tranny bois in this general.

Steins;Gate 0 hasn't been dumped yet because it requires 3.63 you fuckwits. You will never play this game. Kill yourselves now

Will do, thanks.

>You will never play this game.
Damn right. I'm not buying a Vita.

>buying a vita without knowing nip
>complaining about translated trash
?

>game

>Dump assets
>Port to jp release
>???
>Profit

I didn't suggest otherwise. The regular eShop icon will not work though. Do you have any experience with this? If so, which firmware specifically. Not that it matters, there is a reason smea still ships the eShop hack.

How long does it typically take to launch browserhax for the first time? I'm on 10.7 and I've been turning on wireless communication, opening the browser, failing to load the page, turning off wireless communication, shutting down and repeating as the guide suggests for over an hour now. I tried the 1/1/2000 instructions as well and got nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Is there an easy way to get my new copy of FE: Birthright undubbed? Haven't done any homebrew shit with my DS only my vita
DS seems way more complicated than vita was

You can stop spamming now, that piece of shit is dead.

It was linked like 2 threads ago.

I have slowhax in my asshole.
Would you reach for it early or wait until a hacker gets arrested at leet haxxors convention?

DS is not that complicated if you can fucking read a guide. That's where people fuck up

>game

Just downloaded my first game via QR code for my 3DS and it's not loading.
I get a black screen when I load it up. Anything I'm doing wrong? SHould I do anything before hand? I spent 3 hours waiting for it to finish

>Not that it matters, there is a reason smea still ships the eShop hack.
Because it's the only way to use it with menuhax. You can't use ctr-httpwn with menuhax, but it works fine with other entry points