Veeky Forums hasn't had a BESTEST DESIGNS thread in so long

We will not stop until people realize what a fucking joke car design has become.

STOP MEMEING THESE THINGS INTO REALITY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

G

Yeah, you're right. Lemon indeed.

this isn't even shopped

what the fuck happened to lexus

MAOR VENTS

do you even grille

is this real life

It looks like a spaceship, then someone put wheels on it. Not necessarily a bad thing.

completely unshooped

research chems are trendy

we're in the midst of a secret second 70's

why do you think we're letting the world go to shit

it's the hippies, real war, and hardcore drug phase

oh god make it stop

as shitty as it sounds, I'm glad Nissan bought Mitsubishi before Mitsu completely shit the bed. this is just awful

>implying Nissan isn't gonna shit the bed just as completely

Fucking cuck they will do what Renault did to them in the mid 2000's

end yourself

If any decade was the 70s part II it would have been the 2000s. High gas prices, ugly underperforming cars, shitty economy, heavy antiwar and environmentalist sentiment, etc.

What we're living through is the 80s if Carter had been reelected.

Mitsu already killed their EVO division, was pivoting towards hybrids, and was just inches away from pulling out of the NA market altogether.

At least now we might get their performance division back and we might actually get good quality cars instead of the bottom of the barrel shit they've been throwing together for over a decade.

Mid-late 2003+ = > 1976
Unless we get the evo back i dont care

>Mid-late 2003+ = > 1976

what does that mean

Can we just appreciate for a second that the B5 A4/S4's exterior design was finalised in 1991? Every single line on this car is fully resolved from a design standpoint and serves a purpose. The proportioning is second only to the D2 A8, which has a natural advantage being a longer car.

What happened to style icons like these? What happened to understated yet very pretty cars?

The only thing I don't like about the B5 is the shape of the headlights. I prefer the B6 myself, although it's really hard to find a good one without those ugly-ass unpainted bumpers and skirts.

Out of curiosity, what do you find unappealing about the headlights?

They're a bit too blobby, too undefined. Something just seems slightly off about them.

Fair enough.

Another near-perfectly styled car, the C4 Ur-S4. Realistic dream car. Nearly bought one earlier this year.

Yeah, these look great. There's a silver UrS6+ Avant for sale near me, basically the same car but with a 4.2l V8. Tempting.

Oh man, a 4.2 in that would be perfect. I just want that turbo 5 cylinder BWAAAAAAAAH so I can pretend I have a Sport Quattro.

The 5cyls are all great, even the lowest ones (NA 10v) can be built for massive power (add a 20v head, turbo bits and ECU, 350hp on a completely stock bottom end). And yeah, Group B sound.

Oh man, when there's aftermarket knowledge and support on Audi motors, they really go for it.

>tfw my Euro-spec 2.6 12v V6 is the redheaded stepchild of A4 performance
>tfw no go-fast bits for it
>tfw all my money goes into my Miata anyway

Speaking of V6, I kinda wanna swap an (R)S4 drivetrain into a B5 Passat. Would be hilarious surprising people at the lights in a goddamn Passat wagon.

omg i actually love the way that car looks 10/10

Crap, this actually sounds very doable. All you really need is a 4motion chassis, RS4 running gear, and just add time and money...

One more for the bucket list then!

I've got too many VAG-related ideas, most of them involve the 2.7TT, 4.2 V8 or 5 cylinder into a variety of other VAG cars. 924/944, Boxster, B5 Passat, B5 A4...

Sounds like you're keen to upset a lot of people. Kudos to you.

Have been thinking about binning the Miata's 1.6 and sticking a 5 cyl of some description in there just for a giggle.... Would be unique, and shouldn't ruin the weight distribution.

YES, Veeky Forums

I FUCKING KNOW YOU LIKE THIS.

LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE THIS CAR LOOKS

I MEAN IT'S ALMOST 2017!

Getting the Audi block to work would be a hassle, since there isn't really a longitudinal RWD transmission that bolts up to it. You'd have to get an adapter of some sort custom made.

Why not a KL? 2.5l Mazda V6 found in the Ford Probe and Mazda MX-6, there should be a conversion kit available online (and it's been done before), quite light and compact and it sounds glorious.
It's a pretty underrated little thing.

Release the stormtroopers

Adaptor plates are e-z; I have the right connections to get one done for free... The rest will be trial and error which I'm not fussed about as I have the time and garage space for it.

Geez, that V6 looks like it belongs in there. I'll definitely have a look at that!

Here's some eyebleach

I personally think the MX-5 should've had a KL option from the start, or at least a K8 (1.8l version) option.
And in a funny parallel, it has a similar multi-stage intake manifold to Audi's 4.2l V8.

not bad

stunning and brave

yeah, no

>High gas prices, ugly underperforming cars, shitty economy

but that's right now

moar oc

that's cool as hell tho

I don't understand this meme-ing.

There are legitimately real cars out in the world such as pic related but here you all are photoshopping to prove a point that you don't like future automotive designs that don't exist yet.

They're all bus riders that migrate from the random car thread or two on /b/.

I just only like old things.

A design only a rich chinese person could love

I think it looks fantastic.
Super agressive like a muscle car

I'm sorry but nissan juke looks like a puppy who's being stroked too hard.

That's literally the only angle where it doesn't look hilarious.

Move camera 1mm in any direction and it looks like a uncomfortable pet again

This design was rather rejected by BMW when the designer of it submitted it to them.

YOU WANTED YOUR VISIBILITY

HERE'S YOUR FUCKING VISIBILTY

Is this the Veeky Forums dream car?

>its real

>American made

yes

I realise this is an RS4, not an A4, but the A4/S4/RS4 B5 lineup looks better as a wagon in every way. Other than that, I absolutely love the B5's B6's and B7's. aswell as the A6 C5. I guess the only sedan version that appeals to me is the B7, although i still like those better as a wagon.

Adding the picture isn't always so easy to remember.

a little taller and it would suit the pope

Basically a heavily lowered Range Rover.

There's no way the car companies aren't ran by a bunch of fucking retards. The last few years hipster stuff has been trendy, yet muscle cars are the main """vintage""" looking vehicle (and they're still not entirely vintage looking).

I've always liked the look of the Flex, I never see much about it though.

I keep saying this and ill say it again, instead of memeing these atrocious designs into reality, we really should be instead shooping modern designs to look better and see if we cant meme those into existence instead.

hide the livers and it's totally ambiguous
looks like a muscle car, but the front looks terrible, too much blank space or something
looks like its throwing a hissy fit, but over all not the worst design

How many years does it take to design, engineer, and put into production a new car though? I don't think automakers are really in with the taste maker crowd who determines whag direction fashion is heading in. They could have jumped on "retro" as soon as it became clear it was happening, and the vehicle just isn't done yet.

Reminder that pic related is a conpletely real car

>implying this wouldn't sell like hotcakes in burgerland
the higher you sit the easier it is to look down upon the remaining peasants on the road

I never liked Range Rovers but I want this.

Sales for the Flex were shit, production only lasted 2 or 3 years. I like the look too, but the car didn't do anything they wanted. They wanted a minivan/sedan/truck/hatchback that was economical. They got none of that

I see the flex as an attempted revival of the station wagon. The real ones of years gone by, 18 feet long with a beefy engine, comfortable suspension, and huge bench seats for 8 people

A lot of these look like Hot Wheels.

please stop

what the fuck

why does this look so good

land rover pls

Yea, i've recently realized it. Everyone made fun of 90s cars as being "melted bars of soap." Now they're just bars of soap. Fucking safety regulations

>We will not stop until people realize what a fucking joke car design has become.

The fact that you've posted a picture of a photoshop kind of defeats your point.

kek that made my morning

Holy shit that looks fantastic!

Go back to red.dit

That's some good mspaint work right there.

this
Veeky Forums is for triggering gm fangirls and nothing else

Unless they're keeping secrets, I rarely see a vintage styles as a built concept. Though I'm sure car design could take anywhere from 5-10 years, but the hipster stuff easily started in 2005.
It didn't take long for the italians to make an asian-looking jeep cherokee.