My Summer Car Thread 7 /msc/ - Now with More Finnish Car Skins

First Thread: Second Thread: Third Thread: Fourth Thread: Fifth Thread: Sixth Thread: Walkthrough / Screw Guide: my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

For people who have questions, search through previous threads first, there's plenty of good info in them

Peer, fun & failed inspections

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/bOSUX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would like to call attention to these digits from the previous thread.

Is it worth buying this game if I only have a keyboard (and possibly a 360 controller)? Don't have much money left, so it's either this game or some new fog lights for my irl shitbox.

I can't wait for the devs to add the KP-31

czeched

if you have to make tough decisions about 15 dollars, maybe hold onto it so you can afford a sandwich next week

Eh, it's like 1 meal at Carl's Jr plus an extra burger why not?
I just want an RK-62 to fuck that damn moose up

Is the guy that had this van around? Where did you get the modded file?

why can't I find my lsot parts in the landfill? who started this rumor

It's the first game I've bought in a long time. Fun, but frustrating.

has anyone gotten their t500 working with this? I cant get the steering axis to bind in game and calibrate does nothing

i'm drunk

Here it is. Just open in photoshop/gimp, create another layer under it and put what you want on the bottom layer.

Also check this out. You might find it useful.

I have it with only a keyboard. It doesn't give me any issues. The game is frustrating and the van handles like shit, but I think it's worth the 15 bucks as long as you aren't choosing between food and the game

On another note, I noticed some of you have watsun decals on your cars. Use this if you want something more authentic

Also to add to your post don't forget to darken your skins if you notice bright colors being too bright in game

>Also check this out. You might find it useful
How did I fuck that up?
imgur.com/gallery/bOSUX

I made my first successful trip to the store and back, but apparently I didn't pay for fuel, and my fan belt has magically disappeared. Am I fucked?

fan belt is in the bag

just pay the man for the fuel when you go back

;_;

lmao

PLEASE HELP No matter what i do I cannot send in mail to order parts. I'm trying to mail in for all the speed parts but it wont let me, i put the envolpe in the mail box and it just dissapears and doesnt let me pay the bill

you're gonna feel stupid when you realize

I will help you feel stupid user. You have to wait for it to get delivered to pay. You will get a phone call from that cheeky shop man in a couple days.

I hate my life. I've order parts like 4 times and each time i didnt read what i was buying, but i was buying all the mosquito repellent off the wall thinking i was paying a bill. Fuck this game. im buying my fucking carb now.

>first time doing rally with controller
>3rd place
>still a better time than the guy with the wheel
bretty gud

Well, with that much mosquito repellent you can rig your septic sucker to spray it around your house. It pretty much eliminates the need to even worry about it for 2 months in game time.

I lost my exhaust pipe and muffler on the road when I over-revved. I left them on the side of the road to pick up in the van since I didn't bring the toolkit in the trunk. I came back in the van and the exhaust wasn't where I left it. It did not return to the garage pit and wasn't in the landfill. what can I do?

RIP user's sausage and beer money

>parts catalog

Time for wallet rape

Man I'm so happy this skin came out so well, you did a good job earning that trophy.

I may try to add some of my own sponsors to it, but I'm about to try for first place. If I don't spin out then I'm pretty sure I can win.

Anyone have the issue where the car wont rev? It'll start and idle, but neither the gas pedal or the throttle linkage will produce any revs. There's no actual throttle cable part that I'm missing is there?

you might need to fuck with the valves and carb a bit

I like the skin. IMO you should go back and edit it so the paint isn't on the grille.

Yea I couldn't even order parts right. I'll wait to rig a mosquito dome.

>mfw phone rings twice while death screen plays

It was a joke anyway user.

>tfw getting pulled over by mupo

Honestly I have no idea who the original author was in the past few threads. I just changed a couple things and added a few logos. I don't have photoshop, but I may find something and see what I can do.

The only reason I wish this thread was on /v/ was to attract more people.

that would be bad

but all the people on /v/ are shitposters and retards

99% of /v/ couldn't tell the difference between a crank and cam

So really no better than Veeky Forums

/v/ moves too fast, msc threads fill up and die within a few hours

Guys I'm having a weird problem with the shit truck jobs hope someone can help. When I go to put the hose in the septic tank it starts sucking but only when the end of the hose is touching the top of the shit. ie if I chuck the whole hose in the tank it doesn't do anything (this used to work fine). Is it a bug? The shit truck has pressure and the tank on it isn't full.

I haven't had this issue personally
Just the regular hose falling in the tank bullshit

Guise, I drove without my air filter too much now my throttle sticks wide open.. wat do? I thought you needed it off to adjust the mixture but then realized u dont.
Ive tried

>pouring gas on it on the car
>pouring gas on it off the car
>pouring motor oil on it
>putting it under sink water
>taking it in the sauna with me
>pissing on it

I seem to die driving anything else.
Beer run sucessfull

Stuff the devs need to add:
>moar cars
>fishing on the lake
>boat races
>seasons
>snowmobiles for winter
>lake should freeze in winter so you can drive over it
>races on frozen lake
>building barns and garages

hey I have my radio in exactly the same spot

>My Summer Car
>winter

and
>fix the goddamn dirt road so the van doesn't slide off the edge and into a tree

dev did say winter shit was a very likely possibility
plus it's finland for fuck sake

>Grab spark plug
>Intend to throw it over to the car so I don't have to run back and forth for four spark plugs
>Chuck it way harder than I thought it would
>Never see it again

How fucked am I? Where can I get a new one? Can I run my car with just three spark plugs?

very, nowhere unless you find it, no

Does the visuals show the throttle as wide open, or does the car instantly go to rpm limit when you start it?

If it's the latter, you gotta take it to the mechanic.

The truck is the most stable thing in the game.
Can easily do 80 on gravel without being spooked even.

>moar cars
yes
>fishing
yes
>boats
no
>seasons
yes
>snowmobiles
oh god yes
>frozen lake with races
yessss
>building shit
Not really, but maybe. Build your own garage and upgrade it maybe? Would be cool I guess.

Gonna have to start a new save, user.

Ended up with second place after trying the rally again. Didn't screenshot my time before I saved at the pub, but it was around 5:47.

cool

Honestly I would try taking it to the mechanic and see if it gets fixed. I haven't purposely left anything out of the engine to see if it works, but I would imagine that would be the only way to get it replaced.

If you post it I could have a shot.

I compared it to the original and noticed that the white actually goes over the grille part on the hood. You'd need to black out some space on the hood and then put the blank grille piece back in. I tried it in GIMP earlier but as I was exporting the image, it froze and I lost my progress.

I did a 5:20:33 earlier but even then I made a few mistakes. I think under 5:00 is possible.

Do you have a wheel? I've only driven the route a few times with a controller, but I'm sure I'd have better results with a wheel. Right now I'm only concerned with learning the spots where the car will slide off the road. The jumps on the last stretch aren't really a problem.

Yes, wheel+pedals+shifter+peer.

Probably possible then. I shaved over 15 seconds off verses using a keyboard. I'm sure a time at least around 5:00 can be had with a wheel. I've gotten 3rd and 2nd tonight so I think that's pretty good.

I've done the race maybe 4-5 times now and the top times change every time. I've had rallies where the fastest time was 6:00 so even now you could've won with 5:50

Well I am stumped. I tried your suggestion and it didn't change anything.
I tried making the grille part transparent and it didn't change anything. I have no idea what to do.

Well shit. Each time for me first place has been right at the 5:40 mark. I hit 5:59 yesterday with just a keyboard. I keep trying on the same saturday though, so maybe I should let a week pass before trying again and see if that changes the times.

I tried to just make the front part of the hood black to see where the grille was, but it's such a small area that it's hard to get just the grille. Unless you can match the grille color perfectly, I think it's pretty much stuck that way.

Nah, just run it every time but play it safe until the first 90 degree left turn, after that you can really start pushing it till the last 2 corners.

The area with the dropoff at the start and the area by the swamp are really the only 2 places that have given me trouble. I spun out when I got 3rd place, and 2nd I slowed down too much. Literally 2 seconds and I would've had first. I may try again in a bit, but I'm waiting for a thunderstorm phone call to get that achievement.

Maybe spark plugs should be bought from the shop as well, like the fan belt. They are supposedly a consumable item irl and it would prevent you from getting fucked from throwing your spark plugs away. Try checking inside the van though, I found my fan belt in there after I threw it outside when sorting out the shopping.

It would be nice if you could buy parts from the mechanic like you can the shop. I tried throwing my battery through the world and getting the mechanic to repair the engine, but it seems that all the parts need to be there for it to work. At this point all anyone can do is find the part or start a new save.

>Doing top speed run
>Eurobeat Eero appears

nice save, i was expecting a colossal crash.

Can i put 4 different tires on the car to get the advantages of slicks, rally and stock tire?
i was thinking slick on front and mixed on back?

I wonder if you oversteer on asphalt if you put slicks in front and dirt tires in the back.

lol

If physics works as intended, and there's enough power, you should.

Well all you really need is momentum, I'm already (at least it feels like it) lifting rear tires in corners when using slicks and there's a feeling of oversteer which you can barely see in when I try to correct.

I'm gonna try this.

Okay, so I bought the game.. How fucked am I

fwd drifting?

I wouldn't call it drifting, it's just FWD oversteer like in a Peugeot 205 GTI.

slicks on front, rally tires on back
still understeered into a fucking tree at just 200 kmh

what if you take out the rear tires and just drive with front slicks?

havent tried this yet.
this is what happens if you import your save from steam to 172 btw

without meshsave

It will fuck up and the oil pan and other bolts will never stay tightened.

anyone here remember 172 cheats? i got sisu here

at the store with the faceless man

Nice russian leak build.

the pathetic part is they've leaked every single update and these people are too retarded to find it

I would expect them use that first Steam build at least.

>start game for first time
>go to store in the van for peer and sausages
>only roll the van 4 times
>piss on shopkeeper
>get my peer and load it up in the van
>realize I forgot to fill my diesel can at the shop
>make it to the mechanics
>steal the muscle car
>get to the highway
>green car faggot steers into my lane
>try to avoid him
>oversteer
>die
I love this game

The visuals show it as wide open, then I can unstick it by messing with the throttle linkage. It will start fine and be ok for like 1-3 min then stick again.

the muscle car is so goddamn twitchy, it feels like the front wheels on it have infinite grip.

vista wallpaper looks rather nice

Any tips for hitting 220 km/h?
>Car tops out just before even with different final drive

carb tuned right?

pic is ios 5/7 wallpaper i made custom