Is the American market the only place for the new Mercedes truck...

Is the American market the only place for the new Mercedes truck? Why would they pursue this when they're stacked up against Ford, Dodge, Chevy, GMC, Nissan and Toyota?

It seems to me MURICA is already covered, who the fuck else needs a truck with a price tag and future maintenance bills of a merc?

Oh believe me, there's a huge market for these shits.

People who'll buy these won't actually use it as "pickup".

There's a chance this will become a curse like it happened to offroaders.
More and more people bought offroaders but just used them as city grocery getters which was the cause of the birth of SUVs.

This might start turning pickups into poopups which rich people use to get their starbucks

Literally this. Richfags who like to show off their money and have a thing for Merc will trade in their F350's for these as commuters and will literally never use it as a truck.

I bet some rapper will make a song about it and nigs will buy half of them

Not alot of Veeky Forums knows this but a whole lotta people in southeast asia love pick ups and a good amount of them can afford mercedes

If it can't tow it won't sell. Nobody with a F350 would EVER replace it with one of these "trucks". We already have luxury trucks that can actually tow and not spend most of their lives at the dealership for repairs.

so naive, please take care sweet child

It's like a German version of a Chevy Avalanche with the Regency package. It'll be a trophy wife barge double parked at Kirklands.

Drake seems like the kind of guy who would use one in a music video being a Canadian Hebrew and all.

What luxury trucks are you referring to? I didn't know there was even one. Seems like a paradox for owning a truck.

Of all places, I would not have guessed that most Southeastern Asian citizens would have need for there own truck.

>People who'll buy these won't actually use it as "pickup".
city slicker detected

Lincoln Mark LT
GMC Denali
Ram Laramie

I guess if you do a lot of driving with your truck you might as well do it in style.

>Maintenance bills
It's a Nissan

>maintenance bills of a merc
>implying its an actual mercedes

Here in flipland SUV's and pick ups are as common if not more so than sedans/coupes. I guess its owing to shit roads and constant flooding along with out tendency to have large families. High earners like doctors and the like are no exception to this which is why its common tk see them riding anything from fj cruisers to range rovers

Where did this meme about Mercedes being unreliable start? They're the second most reliable luxury brand after Lexus.

>Is the American market the only place for the new Mercedes truck?

For now, there are no plans to sell it in the US.

Basically almost any truck with a fully loaded package.

F-150, Silverado/Sierra, Ram.. etc

This. Same way the really expensive Merc SUV is driven by rich. Just status symbol. They don't actually off-road.

Some people do. My grandpa has a new F150 with the Titanium package which he uses it as a work vehicle and already has the bed scuffed up. A lot of people buy these because they like the duality it offers. It's basically as comfortable and luxurious as a mid range luxury sedan on the inside, but can still be used to tow and haul.

okay you just don't know what luxury is if you think any of those shit loaded is "luxury".

Pic VERY related

Probably won't even be sold in the US.

>as the added
>added
>ignoring every other feature that comes with the said package
there's your problem retard.

The term "luxury" pretty much lost it's meaning for cars now, it's more like a buzzword than anything. I mean by "fully loaded package" I guess its just a nicely dressed version of a lower trim package with little to nothing different.. Just more nifty bells and whistles, which will appeal to some consumers who are into that kind of stuff I guess.

Do you guys even edcuate yourself a tiny bit before you start shitposting?
Mercedes already said their target market for the X class are Europe, Australia, South Africa, Brazil.
They are not even trying to compete in the US market because they know it's too small. It will be built in Barcelona and Cordoba.

>Do you guys even edcuate yourself a tiny bit before you start shitposting?
They're Americans.

>already has the bed scuffed up

Why didn't he get a bed liner?

well its added to the "luxurious" air con...
damn man at least don't make it that obvious that you never went to college...

>there's a huge market
Not really, I think it will have a pretty niche market. The same market ranger rover has, rich housewives. Trucks guys(rednecks) are not interested in merecedes, They'll stick to their Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Top of the line domestic trucks are already pretty luxurious anyways.

>don't make it that obvious that you never went to college...
damn man, don't project your insecurities on others...

>I would not have guessed that most Southeastern Asian citizens would have need for there own truck.
You certainly sound like a well traveled man. Idiot.

You're not wrong. Every time this thread repetitively pops up, it's always the same ill informed tripe that pops up.

People in places like Dubai, Qatar & Bahrain will fucking queue up round the block for these things.

>Is the American market the only place for the new Mercedes truck?
It's styling is makes it very self evident that Mercedes is targeting the American pickup market.

>It seems to me MURICA is already covered
Not by Mercedes. How can you fault them from trying their hand at a very lucrative market?

in my european country at least, most of the pick ups are company cars used for work

I can see the foremen and some fancypants/inspectors/bosses in the construction industry driving a merc pickup around the site. These are the people I see driving VW Amarok on construction sites now. The mercedes is probably a bit more luxury than the Amarok of course, but not that much. We use many Mercedes vehicles in this industry.

Did anyone even bother to read the press release? They said it WON'T be coming to the States...

We have those on the states, they're called Mercedes Vans lol that's literally the lineup name, Van

Damn, i would totally buy that if i could use it properly.

inb4 people actually start ordering $5k worth of visual parts from Europe to mod their Nissan Frontiers into Benzes

The Citan isn't sold in the US it's a rebadged Renault

This

Mercedes Leasing need a full range of industrial vehicles to be the only supplier you need

Sprinter and Vito were not enough, so they have the Citan built by Renault and the X Klass by Nissan.

They only lack a B-segment commercial car, a 2 passenger car with backseat missing and no windows, like a Corsa Van. But those aren't popular anymore, so that's ok

nice navara with a bodykit

I'm interested to see this and the Amarok be reviewed side by side

the purpose of a vehicle is to be driven, just because you can do other things with it (tow stuff, transport stuff) does not mean you have to 24/7.
Same thing with fast cars, just because it can go fast does not mean you have to drive fast to "properly use it". That would be especially ridiculous in the US because of the shitty speed limits.

a shitty one, the nissan looks way better

>they have the Citan built by Renault and the X Klass by Nissan.
which are also the same company since a few years