Loud-Ass Exhaust System Waking Me Up

Okay, this is the 7th count em' 7th time I've been woken up by this fucking guy in a fourth generation Pontiac GTO with a fartcan (on a muscle car) at about midnight. I know where he lives and I know that he keeps his car parked on the street, what should I do about this? I know a police officer, should I just let him know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Du_WZTfRRj0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Leave a note or hide a camera and record the start up, send video to police so they can talk to him after you file a complaint.

Cut a hole in his exhaust and pipe it into the cabin. The problem should resolve itself shortly

Sounds like a good idea.

I'll probably just end up doing this, I bet my cop buddy will investigate him without a video, ask him to rev the thing. Thanks.

Kill yourself.
If you can't handle living near other people and accept the fact that other people will do things you might no like, then you need to move.
There is no car exhaust so loud that at low revs it will be waking up people in buildings.
If you're an insanely light sleeper, or sleeping on odd hours, it's your problem to deal with. Many people's solutions are ear plugs and white noise.
If he's brapping at 2am talk to him.

Trust me, it's fucking deafening. He's driving around at around 5-6K RPM in a dense resdiential area and I can tell that he's coming about 30-40 second before he's in front of my house by hearing the echoes on the other side of my town. He then floors it after he passes my house, every time.

Dude don't be some beta and fuck with his ride just because dude enjoys his car, but he might not know it wakes you up.
Be a actual human and go ask him if he can close a valve or do something to be more courteous to neighbors, becasue who knows he might actually be a understanding human.
If he's a douche then call your cop buddy and ask how to set him up for a Db limit violation.
No reason to fuck with the dudes ride, like c'mon. That's such a shitty thing to do.

I wasn't asking what I should do to his ride. One thing I would never do is fucking with another man's car. I'm asking for advice on what I should do to get him to shut the fuck up while the neighborhood is sleeping.

First do some research and see if theres any restrictions on exhausts and/or noise levels for youre state

Depends though man, the guy could be driving like a dick. Some people rev the piss out of their car when they leave, if you're doing it at a time when most people are sleeping, you're a douche. I had a straight piped car and whenever I went out at night I took my time leaving my street and opened it up a couple blocks away. Not hard to coast in neutral or lug it in second.

No problem, just try to keep your cool.

A few years back this guy that lived a few houses down had this 1st gen Dodge Cummins truck.
The Cummins was fucking built and super fucking loud.
One of the other neighbors hated that truck and would constantly call the cops on him. Eventually they both ended up fighting each other on the street.
The entire week before that fight it was constant loud as fuck revving, screaming/swearing matches, and just general idiotic behaviour.

Obviously goes home at midnight, probably sleeps in the day.

Put an obnoxiously louder exhaust on your ride, obviously.

get a big ass bag of earplugs and glue them all to the outside of his car

By the other ansers from you in the thread it sounds like you could definintly be in the right calling your local Police non emergency line and reporting him. Speeding, reckless driving, excessive Db in your hood, if CA illegal mods (no cats by the sounds of how loud you say).

Dude you should probably talk to someone that can offer better legal advice than on Veeky Forums.

If it concerns you so much talk to him. Don't be a puss.

I'll talk to him first then and ask him to STFU while people are sleeping. If he behaves like a beligerent (which I'm guessing he will by the fetty wap and kid cudi blasting out of his window too) I'll just get a police officer. No biggy. I respect a well built ride and a straight pipe, but a needlessly loud rev at midnight really triggers my timbers.

/thread

I live in an equally cucked state where you get a repair ticket if the cop that pulls you over thinks that the exhaust is modified in any way. It would be easy, but I'll talk to him first.

Veeky Forums is probably my only place for advice at this time of night, and it's the most reasonable board on Veeky Forums. I trust you guys more than some of my friends.

I'll do that.

Just make sure to keep your cool and don't instigate shit. No need to escalate the issues or make new ones.
Also where do you live so I never move there?

Maryland.

Make sure to buy a gun before you move here because the guns are totally cucked too, and you'll want to kill yourself after about a month.

Settle it like a man and race for pink slips

I don't think my floorpan or manifold are up for the task.

Did you even read my post?

Until you have video evidence of him driving like a douche at normal sleeping hours, you're just some fag triggered by a guy having a nicer car than you and trying to ruin his fun. That's what these kinds complaints are 99% of the time.

sorry man, I tend to skim tripfag posts

>not immediately masturbating
you fucking faggot

>Straight piped v8 does a pull in the night near my house
>girlfriend asks if that's the song of my people

>He might not know it wakes you up

Are you serious? I think youve never lived in a shitty area before. People like this know how loud their shit is and don't care at all. It comes to a point where the police can only do so much because they get called so often.

They are shitty people and deserved to be treated as such. Do you really think the guy with the car that echos through the neighborhood at 12 am is a nice guy?

My buddy has the same problem with his neighbor across the street. Every morning at 5 am he starts up his Harley and revs it for 15 minutes before driving away. These are the same people who called the cops on my buddy for having a car sitting in their yard. Also the same peoples kids who hit my buddy's mailbox on 7 different occasions. (Yes, seven times.) Meanwhile this neighbor does burnouts down the street and goes 50+ in a residential area. It got so bad that one of the elderly people called the police because this guy is speeding way too much in the neighborhood. All they did was put a sign that shows how fast you're going, they took it back a few days later.

My point is that youre defending the wrong guy.

Big potato+tailpipe+boot kick

Literally the only thing these types of retards understand is a similar response. I.E. you get the loudest most obnoxious exhaust you can and rev your shit in front of his house at whatever his sleeping hours are.

I'd recommend picking up a beater honda for a few hundred and straight piping it. it doesn't even have to drive, just enough to coast in front of his house.

>There is no car exhaust so loud that at low revs it will be waking up people in buildings.
you have no fucking idea

>tfw full 4 inch turboback exhaust on my 34 GTR just to fuck with you people

i just realised you're in America and would probably shoot at me

I have cutouts right after the manifolds before my cats. This is a v8. I have no issue driving with them open through my neighborhood, but it's never past 2500rpms on the high end. If it's 10pm-6am I will keep them closed. You gotta try not to piss ofd the people on your street. This guy is being a douche but he may not realize it. I'd say try and flag him down and ask him nicely to at least keep it down after hours at the minimum. If he doesn't or makes it more of an issue then get your cop buddy involved.

>cherry bomb a $500 craigslist automatic civic with a shot transmission
>leave it running in neutral on a full tank
>place brick on accelerator

stuff potato into his exhaust. Maybe he'll get the message.

>I think youve never lived in a shitty area before.

Well yeah, why would anyone live in the ghetto full of assholes?

>34 GTR
Pics pls ;__;

There's an ancient German saying "jemandem den Auspuff zu betonieren", which roughly translates to cementing someone's exhaust shut. It's usually a metaphor, bit in your case it should be taken literally.

You kill yourself, you self important shitcunt. Midnight is just as bad as 2 AM for making stupid unnecessary noise.

>mfw 1JZ running rich
>driving down the street popping little flames, so loud i need to turn it off when ordering in the drive through

>Beta defeatism

You should be the one killing themselves honestly.

stick a couple of potatoes up his tailpipe for maximum lols

>fourth generation Pontiac GTO with a fartcan (on a muscle car)
>a muscle car

LS1 ain't muscle son.

Replace his fart cat with a quiet muffler while he's sleeping, or beat his ass then go back to sleep.

Or bitch and whine and call the pigs like a woman.

Solve the fucking problem yourself

yea man 8l or FUCK me Dick eye right lad

The HOA should have stopped him long before he got to that level of irritation for the neighborhood.

All that talking to him will do is identify you as the enemy, and he'll know something that bothers you.

He will continue to do it or escalate it intentionally and if anything happens to him or his car, he will blame you.

Don't say a word. Solve the problem however you want otherwise. But don't fucking talk about it.

I wish we could shoot more people.

His neighbor is the the adult equivalent of the kid in grade school who acts annoying as fuck because he knows you can't hit him, because he'll tell the teacher and you'll get in trouble.

You have to find a way to fuck them up when they don't have their support network to use against you.

Or when they don't know who you are. Once you talk to him about it, it's pretty obvious who shoved a potato in his tailpipe.

Put a balloon on his exhaust.

youtube.com/watch?v=Du_WZTfRRj0

You're right, the GTO is actually a good car.

Two things i recommend:

> Spray cheap black paint up his tailpipe. Will smoke like a motherfucker and then stop after a while. He'll freak the fuck out
and
> pour a bottle of cheap oil on the ground just under his front bumper. He'll think his engine hs dropped its guts but the dipstick will read fine. Alternate with a bottle of coolant..

Neither of these will fix the problem but it'll piss him off which ultimately is just as good

>get caught doing either of these
>go to jail for 30 days for vandalism

not worth losing your job for petty shit like that

If he's being a dick, spike strips. If you are just being whiny fuck off.