Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

Are there any fun cars with automatic transmissions? I've never driven stick.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6N4tLAAy5Fg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

tesla model s

Get a car with paddle shifters or learn stick.

I want to buy an e46 m3 can I learn stick on that? Or would I just destroy the thing.

I burned out two clutches trying to learn stick and the instructor said I had natural talent. It will be nearly impossible to learn on your own. I don't think anyone's ever done it desu.

If it's got a DCT and paddles, sure

Didn't go through any clutches when I was learning. Didn't slip excessively on my first lesson either. Bunny hopped a few times between then and getting my provisionals though.

Ended up having to replace the clutch maybe 4-5 years afterwards

>I burned out two clutches trying to learn stick and the instructor said I had natural talent.
was he making this face when he said "natural talent"

You'd definitely destroy it. One wrong move and the whole car will explode!

Well I won't lie I don't know much about cars

This

No problem if you know the basics.

>I burned out two clutches trying to learn stick and the instructor said I had natural talent

a natural talent for destroying cars probably, even driving instructors only go through a clutch every 80k or so. Should easily get 140k+ out of a clutch on a normal car if you drive it sensibly

The new automatic Mustangs with the wheel mounted paddle shifters are fun. People who say they can't have fun in an auto are full of shit. Good autos do exist.

That said, manuals are still the most fun. Pros and cons.

Nope.

Landyachts tend to be pretty fun to drive.

get yourself a Panther or GM B-Body landyacht, they are usually exclusively Automatic, and more often than not, with a column shifter. they might not be sporty or fun in the same sense as a sportscar, but there is enjoyment to be had with a huge comfy couch on wheels being pulled along effortlessly by a big V8 in the front.

Quickly going from 25 to 50 on a highway ramp by flooring the gas never fails to put a smile on my face, at least.

It's fun, but that depends on the kind of fun you are looking for.

A V8 landyacht is more fun these days because you will be the outlier in a sea of cramped low displacement 4 and 6 cylinder shitboxes and soap bars.

Pretty much any car from the past 10 years. Whoever says no is lying and trying to feel better about that fact that they drive a dinosaur transmission. Fucken lames.

>paddle shifters
>fun
Lel

>literally bump cars
>fun
I guess if you're a manchild, evidently so with your post

Maybe not any car, but there are many good auto transmission cars these days. Any cars that have the ZF 8 speed auto are pretty well regarded.

>Living in the finnish countryside
>Almost every car manual
>Everyone knows how to drive before they are 15
>Women also drive manuals no problem
Why are americans so bad at driving?

We are pretty bad at driving, not knowing how to drive manual doesn't mean anything tho. What matters is that in our driving tests, sometimes you dont even actually drive on the road and still get your license.

Wow that's fucked

Not everybody has an empty back account, man.

>back account
bank account

Any porsche with a pdk

Pontiac GTO, corvette, any lexus

As long as you aren't tracking the car an auto will be just fine, and a bit superior on the drag strip

"i burned through 2 clutches" = "i slipped the cltuch a lot a couple times and smelled smoke"

For fuck's sake. Driving a manual car is not hard. It depends entirely on what you're used to.

Driving an automatic is much more confusing to most drivers in the world.

I learned by making a manual my fucking DD. You wanna know how fast I learned that shit? 3 fucking days of driving to work and back. Still have the same clutch. If anyone has trouble learning to drive a stick, they should give up on driving. Period. It's not that hard to learn. My dad had told me two things.
>Don't you dare look down at the shifter. Ever.
and
>let off the clutch easy while keeping it above a grand and you'll do fine.
He never got in the car to show me or anything. That was 4 years ago.

>Americans
>knowing how to drive
youtube.com/watch?v=6N4tLAAy5Fg

(((You)))

If you live in a desert you probably won't know how to swim.

>You posted one

Anything with an automated manual is pretty fun because they shift fucking hard.

Also cars that make noises when they shift. First golf r32 that came with a dct makes some cool fucking noises

Other than electric cars and luxury cars, no.

get a sequential manual

Only ones made within the last 5 to 6 years, and are still 20k+

LOL that looks like some Saudi import student to NKU. Went to school there and know exactly the type.

>tfw he's probably only used to driving prince daddy's DCT lambo

Land barges. All Veeky Forums cares about are horsepower and track times but my daily is a giant fucking slab and I love it. Brave rush hour traffic in comfort and let the bass from your stereo gently vibrate the seat against your back