Tesla fatal crash & fire

The Tesla’s driver, a 27 year-old woman, and her 44 year-old passenger were allegedly driving at a “high rate of speed,” IFD Battalion Chief Kevin Jones told WTHR, when the driver lost control and slammed into a tree. The driver was pronounced dead on the scene, the passenger later died in the hospital.
The crash sent battery cells “firing off almost like projectiles around the rescuers”.

indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/11/03/2-killed-fiery-tesla-crash-near-downtown/93227456/
wthr.com/article/one-person-killed-in-crash-north-of-downtown

>a 27 year-old woman, and her 44 year-old passenger

>27 year old woman
Well, that's your problem
>44 year old passenger
Guessing this was some thirsty dude who actually owned the car and wanted to impress her by letting her drive.

You wreck any car going 100 intro a stationary object and you're gonna die, this just gave everyone some extra fireworks

>high rate of speed
It's not the velocity you idiots, it's the acceleration at the end.

This, in a crash like this with a ICE car petrol would go everywhere anyway, heaven forbid that ignites.

Stupid people being stupid, nothing new here

>27 year old woman
Glad she just killed herself

And the passenger.

>The crash sent battery cells “firing off almost like projectiles around the rescuers”.
what do you expect with a can applied to high heat sealed at one end and a cap on the other

Just what I was thinking.

Nothing of value was lost. Also:
>women drivers
>not even once

Why is Tesla still using 18650 cells?

Cheaper. The whole car works, because they cut corners. And gullible buyers.

>44 year old dude
He was egging her on

Wait, what? Tesla is just a big e cigarette

this is what happens when you give 800hp, 2 ton cars to women and ecofags who are used to drive priuses

i'm surprised this hasn't happened more, guess the anti-retard driving AIDS are getting gud these days

hopefully this wont impact tesla, but you just know that the anti electric tards are gonna be like LOOK ELECTRIC CARS R DANGEROUS when 1000 people die burned to death in their gas powered cars for every tesla death

>electric cars

my sides, not only it takes a week to charge them and they run out of juice after 2 hours but they explode as soon as you crash them hahahah

looks like we have 50 more years of the VEE ATE dinosaur powered goodness then we move on to the real deal. HYDROGEN.

>this is what happens when you give 800hp, 2 ton cars to women and ecofags who are used to drive priuses
This

Perfect. Now Tesla can improve on the design. It only takes a few deaths.

It was the 44 yer old male's car

WOMEN DRIVERS

NO SURVIVORS

>woman
Stopped reading there

I already know what happened and why

>gullible buyers
the real gullible buyers are anyone that's bought a non-tesla domestic car in the last 2 decades and there are millions of those
>dodge dart
>chryser sebring/200
>more cars on the same platform and engine with different plastics and a higher price tag

Really fucks me up how our own domestic auto makers are a huge embarrassment, but somehow making the fastest safest and most efficient car ever is somehow worth more scrutiny.

>>Criticizes electric car for catching on fire & exploding in catastrophic crash.

>>Backs hydrogen gas as next fuel source for mass personal transportation.

Seriously do you even read what you type?

That in no way contradicts what he said you fucking simpleton

>The Tesla’s driver, a 27 year-old woman, and the car's owner (44) passenger died

The 44 year old male was trying to impress the 27 year old female by letter her drive a fast accelerating car. But she didn't know how to drive. I bet she did some shimmy at high speed and the car began to respond to that and she then overcorrected.

At that point, she's just riding an aluminum body missile which a dense narrow object like a tree is particularly good at slicing through. Aluminum meets the crash test requirements for big blunt objects applied to the whole front and the half front collision tests. But until there are crash tests into narrow pole like objects, the tesla aluminum unibody will continue to look "acceptably good" on crashes. Aluminum continues to be much poorer than steel against narrow or edged objects.

NIGHTS ON FIRE!

t. elon musk

>1000 people die burned to death in their gas powered cars for every tesla death

When the number of tesla cars equals the number of all other combustion vehicles on the planet, then you will see that tesla has a greater number of car fires. But right now, there are very few tesla cars compared to non tesla combustion cars.

Steel don't matter vs tree's Trees will fuck up anything.

Waiting for Samsung branded electric cars to catch on fire.....

how many deaths it took to improve regular cars?

Im so disappointed, turns out this 90k machine is actually shitty chained panassonic batteries and a electric motor.

>chained
Its how batteries work, series and parallel connections to build up the voltage and current, the fuck you expected, pony magic?

>shitty chained panassonic batteries
repeat after me: "Im literally dumb enough to not being even remotely aware that panasonic manufactures the best 18650 cells ever"

>a electric motor
4 motors
Your dissapointed because you know fuckall about todays tech

Holy fuck my sides

I expected something better than fucking 18650 cells for that money

And fuck off about the battery connections its just a figure of speech. fyi i have a masters degree in mechatronics and i am employed in this field. Why would i even care or need to know about how many motors it comes equiped with?

i thought it was two motors (some versions with only one)

>I expected something better than fucking 18650 cells for that money
You don't even get all the capacity of the batteries you bought. You have to pay an extra fee to unlock the remaining upper percentage capacity of the batteries. Upon paying, Tesla sends some code to the software to allow more of the battery capacity to be used. If you didn't pay, the batteries would eventually run down and you'd have to buy a new battery pack. That locked unused capacity would then be thrown away of course because you were never allowed to access it when you refused to pay extra.

You buy steaks at the grocery store. You cooke them at home. You can only eat 75% of the steak because you didn't pay the extra fee to the store to be allowed to eat the rest. However, you did pay for all the material in your hands. Same with the tesla. You paid for all of it. But you still have to give them extra fees to be able to use more of the battery pack capacity.

Consumer Reports came out with their current auto ratings guide at the newstands now. The Tesla is fairly low on the "MPG" efficiency of its charge relative to some competitors.

because they're the most common cell produced.

the Model 3 and later versions of the X and S will use a new cell from Panasonic and the Gigafactory.