/hsg/ - Hearthstone General

The reason you don't see Rogues on ladder is just because they're so sneaky edition.

>New Expansion cards
hearthpwn.com/guides/1840-mean-streets-of-gadgetzan-hearthstones-fourth

>Deck lists, news etc:
liquidhearth.com/
hearthstoneplayers.com/
hearthhead.com/
hearthpwn.com/

>Don't read this one

>Arena Help
heartharena.com/
steamcommunity.com/groups/pottisdefenseforce

>Open Tournaments:
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>Deck Tracker:
hsdecktracker.net/

>Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Voting Page:
us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/mean-streets-of-gadgetzan/

Previously seen at this thread which did not include a "previously seen:"

blizzard should have waited until the last week for the kabal cards and started off with the lotus cards

So they nerfed blade flurry because it limited design space on Rogue weapons

And then they don't make a new Rogue weapon

absolute madmen

So what are some mechanics you could add to rogue to help their survivability while also keeping their class identity - ie no healing, taunts or armor?

Let's play the guessing game, /hsg/. What's going to be the percentage of Shamans in ladder post expansion? 60%? 70%? 80%?

5 mana, 2 card, destroy your weapon hellfire was too op. it punished playing minions !

canabilism

Stealth that affects face?

20% first week
70% second week feeding on reno shitters

Getting rid of Dean fucking Ayala.

>Opponent drops Golden Monkey
>Next turn he drops Sir Finley, Millhouse, Lorewalker Cho, and King Mukla before conceding
I legitimately felt bad for him.

i wonder who exactly keeps fucking up at Team 5?

I mean they do a great job most of the time with theme.

Its just they fall short at the game mechanics stage.

There must be at least one person not doing their job and explaining their shitty decisions away.

Other than Ben Brode.

stun/actual sap that sleeps a card for a turn, its flavour to separate itself from freeze can be that it stops whatever ability the opponents card has for that turn(like rag not hitting for 8)

That's reddit tier man

stealthing their hero or having them take no damage when attacking with the hero power

Steal 1 mana crystal from your opponent

brodes just the mouth piece

it's mostly donais(lol nothing is wrong with portal being common) and dean ayala

>sleeps a card for a turn
It's called freeze

A Monkey like that would have actually broken me. I already get pissed off if I get a single deadweight legendary, a full hand of them would probably cause me to dust Elise out of rage.

Say something NICE to our dear friend, before he leaves us.

Aya blackpaw is the true waifu

I would love to see an "everything is fine" crossover with FTL

"I'll put the 400 to good use."

Why does she talk like a nickelodeon character though

He's leaving us already. As soon as Kazakus drops.

Have you read cards flavor texts?

This game demographics is literally children

>wake up
>the new weapon was actually for shaman
>rogue got this
>"blade flurry limited design space"

It's actually dr who millenials which is miles, miles worse than children. I'm so fucking sick of seeing the word awesome

There's still two more cards, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

>1 mana 4/3

Top girl right here

It's no tunnel trogg

>druid
>3 jade cards
>shaman
>3 jade cards
>rogue
>2 jade cards

The last one better be a battlecry summon jade so that I can bounce that shit a million times in 1 turn

I think they simply don't communicate enough. As someanon pointed out, the recent sets, especially MSG, look like made by separate people who don't know what the others are doing.

Either that, or all the next sets were planned way in advance, even before the rotation and nerfs were introduced and they're just reluctant or too lazy to change anything. That would explain why paladin keeps getting shit cards and no early game, priest had to wait a year for a board clear and support for his dragon deck arrvies a few months before most of the deck rotates out, or why rogue still didn't get a weapon or much anything relevant.

The most likely explanation is they are borderline incompetent when it comes to designing cards.

For many years now, there was an OC that was identical to this. It was a dragon, some sort of bronze drake, with the exact same effect and stats. Does anyone have it? I don't think I ever saved it because I thought it sucked.

Rogue already got two smaller jade cards. The next one, if the other reveals are an indication, im guessing will be the mid one for like 4 mana or so. They actually probably expect you to play the deck with these as the early game cards.

Too complicated?

No, but too good.

Anything that is "fair" is unplayable though

>Not running two of these two bump your rogue up a tier

See, this is a bad card that I can get behind, because it's not that bad and it is actually interesting to explore a card that punishes opponent draws.

I understand that not all cards can be good, meta cards, but they should be more like this and less like Worgen Greaser or Gadgetzan Ferryman.

I can always run the 2 mana jade minion and huckster for possible raptor value I guess. Maybe I can survive until turn 10 to play nzoth and close the game.

The thing is as it stands, there's really no reason whatsoever to play a jade deck unless Aya Blackpaw is getting significant vlaue. She's literally more stats than vek'lor if you've summoned twice. So you'll really want to run all the early game possible to guarantee at least two jade golems summoned, or it's a little redundant to run the deck. So you're probably forced to run the spell too.

The mage 6/3 version of this was almost never played. With 1 less attack it won't see any play at all.

That one was way better because it discovered mage spells exclusively too. Not to mention it's directly competing with drake, who is now even better than before because it skirts dragonfire potion.

It saw a ton of play in control mage. But then belcher and healbot left and mage was forced to be aggro shitter or full freeze

it looks like they cut out the elfs head from other art piece then pasted it into that

I legit hope they improved on flavour texts in the last two years doge was a dead meme way before they even used it it would be like making a harambe meme for knuckles

You know it's coming

If that is revealed to be true next week i will blame myself for the rest of mylife

they both look like smug cunts

Brode at least seems like a guy you could go get a beer with.

i think this card is good. it makes shaku a 4/5 that you played on turn 3. its like a 6/6 for 4 mana if you get the buff. conceal is already a good card in rogue decks.

its like that paladin +2/+2 and summon a 2-drop, but that 2-drop is always a 4/4

>fedora
>top

That's fucking it, this is the last straw, i'm quitting this shitty game. It has been fun (like two years ago) folks. See you in Gwent or whatever.

play Shadowverse

Does it come with the girl on the right?

>its like that paladin +2/+2 and summon a 2-drop, but that 2-drop is always a 4/4
You are terribly wrong

I predict a large influx of players in Wild once League of Explorers rotates out, followed by a large hemorrhage after a week when these players remember the format entrance fee is 1600 dust + tax.

Why would they have an entrance fee if they already have the cards?

Also I can see a huge influx of players playing Reno decks with highlanders cards from MSG, but also the actuall reno.

soon

The entrance fee is the 1600 dust needed to craft Dr. Boom plus anything else you may need to revise your deck.

Yay or nay

It's literally a bad Bash.

>game badly needs a reprint of healbot
>reprint healbot
>give it 3 more stats and 1 less mana to make it a good curve play
make it a shaman class card

Decisively "okay"

Did they even bother with pretending it's balanced by Overload, or were they actually smart enough to not print a Tunnel Trogg buff onto it?

shit taste desu

Fuck, forgot about bash. Blizzard why would you do this to me you fucks.

So, this would be pretty strong on 3 mana, right?

i just want painlock to work

no u

>tfw you just realized if you nerfed all of Shaman's cards to have Overload 10 he would still be in the meta because of Tunnel Trogg

Same as this
Their extra effects are just too costly for today's value

>canabilism
>Cannabilism
>4 mana 2 atk 0 hp Battlecry: Blaze it faggot!

rogue still has another common and epic to reveal?

I don't know if it snowballs the board hard enough to see play, but overloading for turn 5 is only really problematic when you want to use drake as a spirit claws activator ie. to kill a 3/3, which the 3/6 body handles fine most of the time so I guess it should work. It can also do retarded shit like heal up totem golem or thing from below, or thunderbluff, and adding +12 heal to a shaman deck at the "cost" of playing 2x water elemental - reminder that the other turn 4 3/6 minions in mage and priest and dragon decks both see plenty of play - seems pretty absurd to help their only tricky matchups in freeze mage (or maly druid and tempo mage who can close it with a few turns of burn) and face decks who managed to steal the early game

AND it buffs tunnel trogg

>tfw you beat cancer midrange shaman with your shitter almost all basic card deck

The opponent was a complete retard but jesus christ them spirit claws and 0 mana 5/5 taunt is so oppressive.

>implying I dusted my non-golden GvG and Naxx cards
I still click on my Wild collection from time to time to remind myself that paladin used to have early game once.

Because it is their "class identity" to have every mechanic on overpowered cards. Duh

>makes shaku a 4/5

>makes patient assassin usable

>buffs any concealed minion

That. thats actually not bad. If it makes PA usuable then im pretty happy.

Finally, somebody who understands the idea of design space and class identity.

It was hard seeing our design decisions go misunderstood and unappreciated.

>Spirit claws is 1 (one) mana

What the fuck?

I heard shaman was op n' all, but fucking hell.

why would it make patient assassin playable?

Not all cards are going to be spike cards

Turn 1 = Tunnel Trog
Turn 2 = Totem Golem
Turn 3 = Spelldamage Totem
Turn 4 = Spirit Claws + lightning on some minion

:^)

Always with you, Ben.

She looks like a smug pepe

PAs problem has always been it dies to random shit, if it kills a 2 or higher drop minion its served its intention. It was slow but cheap removal, but its problem was that its too suceptible to pings and aoe.
Buffing it to 3/3 status might be enough for it to live and thus see play.

>people who don't pick warrior and hunter in arena

dies to maelstrom portal the second he comes out

How much gold do I need saved up for a decent card output for the next expansion?

>PAs problem has always been it dies to random shit
I thought the problem was that miracle has to run a very restrictive minion list and it wasn't good enough to make the cut, it's still a very good card though

Depnds alot on luck. I got 7k gold and 10k dust, should be enough.

Thats why you dont play him immdiately but combo him into this was what I was implying.

somewhere between 3500 to 4500 should be alright

still dies to maelstrom portal 4Head

Reminder that Mysterious Challenger was one of the last cards revealed in the final Facebook card dump for TGT.

There's always a chance another Challenger could appear for MSG.

>needing gold for the grand dusting of gagdetzan

how long did it take you to get 7k gold?

i only got 400 ;_;

6 mana 6/6 put all combo cards from your deck into play

depends on how good you are in the arena, how much dust you got and how desperately you want to have every new legendary/epic?!

I got 4k on 3 different accounts.

If you have that little, use whatever you end up with for Arena. Don't buy packs.