/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

All EU and NA servers are getting merged into one EU and NA server respectively on Nov 30th, detailed information here:
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/119305-faq-the-new-world/

Awakenings released: Warrior, Sorceress, Berserker, Ranger, Tamer, Musa, and Maehwa. Dec 7th, Ninja and Kunoichi!

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss, most recently released for Western audiences. It features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels of grinding, and more.

>Is it P2W?
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!), are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One CAN NOT P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," get a guest pass.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Kaia -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Don't be surprised if the thread is dead occasionally, it happens more often than you'd think.
Noire is the best goddess.

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A7Pa-AWBWBg
imgur.com/a/jq06Q
cassardis.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/cqiCM
imgur.com/a/FZmwV
imgur.com/a/2zvPG
imgur.com/a/n3eKO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

POST LEWDS

Found it, still changes my desktop resolution for some reason, oh well its a minor inconvenience, at least it doesn't go back to 1080p every time i tab out now.

>30 hours getting master 2
Don't you nigger me, you fucking nigger. If it was just that easy to get master for trading then why is there FOUR masters on my server? And 6 artisans, 16 professionals and then there's 4 skilled in the top 30 ranking. If it was just that easy to get that high in trading and make all that money then why would it seem to be the second/third least popular profession with barely anyone bothering to get past skilled?

That being said, as I'm looking at the rankings why does it seem that more people farm than people trade? I literally have no idea how to farm and I've intentionally never bothered with it because it looks useless since every material comes from picking it out of a bush or something or having your workers pick it out of bushes. Hunting seems understandably garbage and taming is very time consuming so I get those but I don't get trading being so low when I see people doing it all the time.

>everyone should have 12 alts
Is there actually any benefit to having alts other than fun?
I usually just pick one class and stick with it, which seemed to me to be the way to play this game, what with the weird grindy level cap system

'Cause less people trade than farm, maybe? I'm a casual in top 10 in farming but I've never done trading just because

So you can have characters all over the world for world bosses, so you have more energy to use, so you can build failstacks on more characters...

No, i cropped out my task bar because i forgot all my toddlercon doujins and shit open and the posts would probably ignore my problem for shitposting.

Also what do you even do with alchemy? Obviously you make potions but the only potions that seem like they'd be worth anything to make is the gathering speed potion but those drop all the time in helms. I guess that's why that one also seems to be less people doing it.
That's exactly my question. Why are there fewer people trading than farming when I'd assume all the materials anyone needs comes from workers. Let alone actually gathering anything yourself that isn't hides. What's the point of farming?

Do you need to be online to get energy back?

Oh, this question I can answer easily. You can do farming afk with much less commitment than trading, trading actually takes active gameplay, and the active gameplay isn't even intense and fun like combat, but boring travel.

You get 1 point every 3 mins for the character that's logged in and 1 point every hour for every character that isn't logged in. Stay logged in.

And workers can't process logs into planks or something some step workers couldn't do

Yeah, workers get all the raw materials for you and shit and you have to process the raw materials into seasoned materials.
But again, what exactly are you farming that makes it worth farming (afk) rather than just sending my giant worker to steal potatoes from NPC farms?

No, I'm sure it's not worth it. I just hate micromanaging workers.

And also I've heard you shouldn't use giants and potatoes probably don't really make much profit? idk just saying

It was a joke because I don't care about food materials since I don't do anything with cooking. Giants stealing potatoes from farms just seems what the workers are actually doing when I send workers there.
What's wrong with giants though?

Giants are slow, but they have a lot of action points. You'll want all goblins to be the greatest trade empire munchkin but you'll need to feed them much more often. Which I don't like doing.

anyone on edan want to do sausans?

What skills should i be getting as ranger? anything that i should ignore? just got to 20
i tried bddatabase to find builds but for some reason it doesn't show rangers, tried to fiddle with the filters but got nothing.

Charging wind tree, will of the wind tree, evasive explosion shot tree up to level 3, blasting gust tree up to level 3, I think that's pretty much all your pre-awakening skills

Oh, oh, and all the flow skills associated with these. And call of the sky or whatever maybe and pinpoint tree and moving shot but anyway EES, WotW and CW are your damage skills. Just try it all out, you have unlimited free resets before level 56.

Thank you

I sure have a problem with posting first and then thinking of more to say this thread

Oh that's convenient, thanks ill just put the important things first and play around then

This might also become of use to you, it has a few combos you'll be using. youtube.com/watch?v=A7Pa-AWBWBg

>sorceress
>ranger
>valkyrie
Which of these are the most useful/fun?

don't come back before you read the OP

Join baka

There's four masters on your channel, there's probably 100+ master 2 traders on your server. The reason people don't level it is because their guild doesn't know the easy way to level it, and/or they can't be bothered putting in the effort to make it worthwhile by setting up a trade empire.

i'll join your dumb guild again if you carry me to level 56 in sausan

Join Sardine!

I'm currently Trade apprentice 6, and I have literally every town and city connected.
How do I go about leveling it up and making money while doing so? Am I supposed to just keep doing npc trading quests?

You won't make much money but this is what you do.
You empty your inventory, purchase as many trade items from Velia as you can, then roll your character to the farm east and sell them all. Repeat until all items are sold from trade manager, then go to heidal and do the same thing. Once that manager is empty too, swap channels and repeat.

I did this from prof 4 and it took me 4 days to hit master 2

>farm east
Which one?
Also what if the items sell for less there

Finto. It doesn't matter, you get the same xp.

what the fuck is this minigame

>press spacebar really fast to win
>press spacebar once
>fail instantly

You press space to win the minigame but you press r to get on the horse. Keep in mind you have to wait at least 30 seconds from roping it to get on it. Read the OP for more info

nvm fixed it

So you still need to loot on your own with 4 pets? That sucks

Yeah

Get 4 t4 pets goy

All the classes are fun, just play whatever you want.

please don't enable illiterates

Do tiers affect the looting? I thought it was just buffs.

They loot faster and in a bigger radius

>join a party
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

how do i turn this fucking shit off
why does this game think i give a fuck about anything anyone else is doing

You don't.

>first name has to be unique even though last name already is
What the fug

yeah we know

great moves
a bunch of NPCs have started breaking it down like this, most notably the pickpocket for the calpheon daily that will just try and fuck the wall right next to the guard that asks you to capture him

weird

sick yo

>30 minutes of farming with a group at sausan for 10% of 55

please god i just want to get awakening

Welcome to BDO.

Post hot

hote*

>he fapped so much that his hand caught fire

>fapping with your right hand

I got more than that solo, 55 to 56 is fine.

you get less exp being in a party m8

if your party members are retarded and not spreading out to kill things you're losing out on exp

2ppl = 70%
3ppl = 60%
4+ ppl = 50% xp gained

Just bought game and got it downloaded. Thinking of making Valkyrie for first character. Tell me why Valk would be a mistake.

That's for you to decide. Either you like it or you don't.

Make your own goddamn decision

Wizard question:
Considering that I'll spend most of my time (or all my playtime) without boss gear, is there a reason to go full Grunil or partial Grunil?

I read so many old threads about wizards/witches going Agerian or partially Agerian. But I heard from a friend that's not viable anymore.

I want to invest in Agerian Gloves and Agerian Armor along with Heve Gloves and Heve Shoes in order to get max Cast Speed, Crit (because Liverto Staff), and increase my base HP by about 40%. I should mention that I have Ancient Weapon Core + Ancient Guardian Seal and a Bronze Dagger, all for the accuracy bonus.

Should I go with this?

I was just hoping for a short list of cons, most guides I find for this game are not very recent.

You mean 2 people getting 60% and 3+ 50%

Play her and find out if you like her or not. Goddamn, looking for cons, you've got the wrong attitude right from the start.

Are you not as badly locked into a single character at max level in this game compared to others?

Did you even read literally THIS threa- fuck this. fuck it. I want the slow dead thread back

never checked myself, but if you say so

Actually that's a good point. I only read the OP of the last thread last night and assumed it was the same. The guide list in this one is different than last thread.

Okay. good. read the op. ok. so I've heard valks are slow in movement, but I dunno if that changed with the awakening. even if it didn't, they shouldn't have any more issues. refer to
>All classes can be viable and fun

and about being character locked,

oh. and there is no max level. well it is 100, but even the highest autists are like, level 62

nigga who gonna waste 30hours of spending 100% of your effort trading, when you want to play the game or do something AFK

This is what I meant here It's in a limbo of actually requiring you to be at the computer but still not doing anything actively for extended periods of time.

>keep activating my alchemy stone when i try to open the inventory
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

why are all 3 maids so ugly

I wish you could customize them like support partners in pso2

so you dont feel bad buying 9

so you can suffer for being a good goy while looking at them

All grunil. Grunil has 2 gem slots each piece. I'm sure you can work with that better.

pics? they probably look like regular koreans, you know maids can't afford surgery

>change hotkeys off of strictly being 1-9
>hotbar still displays numbers instead of updating to my new keys
Retard game.

This
Also aren't the ore crates less profitable than just selling them on the marketplace?

Yes, but you can't sell ore.

>can't sell ore
uh.. wat

Honestly, I was making a guess. There's always so much ore in the marketplace, I'm sure everyone has more than they need.

I suppose it'd take a bit of waiting before your stacks of ore actually sold..
But youre' literally making 1/5 to 1/10 of what you'd make if you just sold the ore / ingots on the MP. Still worth it?

What's that about 'extra processing' by the workers now?

why did everyone tell me to get a group

so they could leech off you, obviously.

It's still faster if you're efficient at killing

I dunno, I don't do trading or workers. I just answered about the crates.

HOW DO I TURN OFF THIS FUCKING NIGGER DARK FLASHING EVERYTIME ANYONE HITS ANYTHING NEAR ME

HOLY FUCK MY EYES ARE BLEEDING AND MY HEAD IS ABOUT TO EXPLDOE JESUS CHRIST

I've heard on the forums other people have that problem too. But I've heard you're also SoL

ah okay thanks, still, user

LEWD IMGURS COMING THROUGH
CutestTamer imgur.com/a/jq06Q
ERP valk cassardis.imgur.com/
Titty Kuno imgur.com/a/cqiCM
Milfsorc imgur.com/a/FZmwV
Cyclops imgur.com/a/2zvPG
Tattoo imgur.com/a/n3eKO

>tfw tried keys from old theads and have a 1 hour cooldown

I have one guest pass. I should have 10 new ones, apparently, but I can't seem to find them. Anyway, make a post when you can use it or give me an email or something.

Because it produces more XP per kill, even if it's shared
If 5 person kill 1 monster each, each one gets XP for 2.5 monster kills, so 5 monster kills produce 12.5 worth of monster XP
It's efficent, if a bit difficult to maximize for