/agdg/ - Amater Geim Dev Gen

Optimized Edition // Previous Thread: This is a thread for amateur and aspiring and amateur game developers and anyone interested in the field.
The OP you're used to is here:
>pastebin.com/geTiMLWZ

Even older helpful links can be found at:
>alloyed.github.io/agdg-links/

NEWS:
• Dino Jam! Brought to yo by [REDACTED]. Get your pixel RPGs in NOW!
itch.io/jam/agdg-dinosaur-jam

• Final Demo Day Tenis complete! No one won. It was (Not) a competition.
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

• The first ever Demo Day Elevenbegins at some point ever.
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11

• Beta /AGDG/ Website
tools.aggydaggy.com/#

Other urls found in this thread:

selfish-dream.itch.io/one-of-us
selfish-dream.itch.io/radiance
twitch_tv/bananasaurus_rex/v/102847137
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is the female who volunteered for lewd voice acting here?

Should be pretty clear from the reply chain that I have games. I'm asking these uppity snot nosed nodevs if they have games to make them stop and think for a moment. Before they become monsters like the ones who shall not be named.

keep dreaming, buddy

Post it.

>Get your pixel RPGs in NOW!
Why are you doing this to yourself agdg?

I do, I would never ask someone if they have a game if I didn't have one myself. Old progress because I just woke up.

This guy obviously doesn't, I knew right from the start.

>I would never ask someone if they have a game if I didn't have one myself.
That's the point.
>This guy obviously doesn't,
Except I do. You should put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger with live ammunition and kill yourself.

Where is it?

Post it.
If the next reply doesn't include a screenshot, gif or webm of your game, you'll be admitting to being a nodev shitposter.

Yes, you don't have a game.

Oh.

That's exactly how a cross-thread quote of your post would look if you don't have any extensions, just saying.

Here's the thing you brain dead mongrel
asking nodevs "Where is your game" as I said is intended to make them self reflect. I personally have a game, I don't need to see their game, I don't actually care. But if I know they don't have a game, I'll ask them "Where is your game" to prove a point. Because they've never even made a game.

If you really think other devs will post their game while clearly calling out nodevs, you're an idiot. If you're asking WIYG and expecting devs to literally brand themselves you're a retard.

So, where is your game?

Ok, you're completely right.

Now post your game.

Which one? I have many :^)

Ah, it wouldn't be an /agdg/ thread if people weren't bickering about games they don't have and pretending to be devs

The 4th one.

What would you need? I might ask my wife.

>Now post your game.
I will literally never post any of my games in agdg.

Someone make a proper thread please.

Well you couldn't even if you wanted, because you don't have any.

My 4th game is something long in the past probably left on some hard drive of my old computer from when I was a kid. I have no idea where it is.

I'm not actually going to show you any of my games, by the way. I realize you're stupid and don't want to catch onto that.

"Oh wow, you're so much bigger than my husband"
stuff like this
I'm making a cuck simulator I think you might like it

So why why did you ask which one?
I mean, we both know you don't have any game, let alone four. So why waste your time like this? I really don't understand.

Oh.

Right now I don't have any lines written. I intended to ask her for a sample so I can decide which character is more suited for her voice and work on it first.

But seriously why do so many people come here when they
>don't have a game
>have no intention of ever making a game
?

I just don't get it.

>So why why did you ask which one?
To make a point that I have not just one game but many, but I'm not actually going to show any to you. The question was where they are.

You seem to be a simpleton. Interacting with you further could be easily construed as abuse. I will stop now.

The year is almost over, /agdg/. What are your accomplishments this year? What would you like to do in the following few weeks?

For me:
Finished games: 0
Prototypes/demos: 2
Jams: 1
Pros and cons:
+ Slowly getting into OpenGL and shaders
+ I learned a lot about game design thanks to feedback
- Wanted to get into art, but just don't have the time/interest

You're pretty pathetic aren't you? I'm honestly sorry for you.

Here you go.
New thread.

She has a sore throat atm, but if she gets better, I might ask her to read some lines. She has an accent thou, I hope you don't mind it.

Finished 1 shovelware mobile game
Got off the engine dev high horse and got into Unity
Hopefully I'll finish a slightly bigger game by the end of the year
but I doubt that'll happen :(

I heard you were going around on the internet calling yourself a gamedev but you've never made a game. :( Is that true?

There's really not that many. Agdg is a handfull of people.

>the 4th one
i assume we're only counting public releases.. but do small public releases count? also what about public releases that were not released primarily as games? (one of my early games was packaged into the preloader of a large animation release.)
also while we're on it does Social Interaction Trainer count as one game or 2 given the different releases (and platforms)?
i have no idea which game is my 4th nor which number im on now.

They're a very vocal minority.

I don't mind. Just to be clear I'm not but feel free to use his line as a sample if you want. Any line would do since I just want to hear how her voice sounds

That post wasn't even directed at you, GUI menu """game""" dev grandpa.

where's your 4th game?

i assume we're only counting public releases.. but do small public releases count? also what about public releases that were not released primarily as games? (one of my early games was packaged into the preloader of a large animation release.)
also while we're on it does Social Interaction Trainer count as one game or 2 given the different releases (and platforms)?

we're only counting games (You) made.

Okay.

>i have no idea which number im on now.
still zero

So we're tied?

It is possible to take turns now. Although, I don't know what to put below the turn counter. Currently there is colony age, but that seems redundant since turn counter is practically the same. I could perhaps put date there.

The problem is that this is a colony on an alien planet(with dinosaurs) and I don't think Earth time units would make a lot of sense.

Real thread

greenlit our first game. got gud at game making stuff in general i guess.

All "his" games are unity asset store packages mixed into one, "he" hasn't actually ever made any, lol :o)

Damn, if whole of gamedev was as fun as shaders, I'd be swimming in released products by now

Stop bumping this thread

I've made some flash games because I don't know any other language.
Despite my lasagna programming skills, I am pleased with them at least.

selfish-dream.itch.io/one-of-us
selfish-dream.itch.io/radiance

These are the ones I've published so far.
If you do play them, let me know what you think.

For the future, I hope I learn Actionscript 3.0 or maybe a proper coding language.

bump

Reminder not to reply to any shitposters in the same post as your progress post, as recursive hiding will automatically hide your progress to many people myself included.

hey friend
twitch_tv/bananasaurus_rex/v/102847137
skip to an hour exactly

Hey, if you're the streamer I'm glad you played my game and enjoyed it the way you did!
As far as the edge goes, well I made this in my teens, edge was pretty much a given.
As far as the 100% CPU goes, this game is super spaghetti when it comes to coding (everything you see is a different frame which is just horrible) and flash in general can't handle a lot of effects.
Should have read the readme file for the flames.
What happened in the end is a terrible bug that I wasn't aware of till recently(never came up while I was testing). If you get hit by two things at the same time while on that level the game restarts. Why? No idea!
All the dialogue was mostly filler for different transitions, and the white beeping jumpscare was a bit of a parody on spooky games.
Is it a shitty game? Sure. But I still enjoy the graphics and the music. And I welcome all positive and negative reactions.

Newest client animation ft hand animated sling physics because I don't feel like finding out how to rig and simulate them in Blender

Been fucking around with surfaces in GM, they are such a pain.

I'm trying to overlay a frame over another surface that has a screenshot saved to it (while everything else is deactivated). But the frame surface has a corrupted version of the screen in the middle of it, where it should be transparent.

Any ideas on how to make one part of a surface transparent while the rest isn't?

I'm learning Java

What engine should I be using?

Real talk?

What are the salaries like in game programming?

Is it a fulfilling and lucrative career, or does it just lead to unprestigious cuckdom?

I'm not on that chart...
I remember that it closed just before I could say "yes..."
I arrived on the vote page, and when I clicked submit, it sent me to a "too late" page...

bumpo

im expecting funny shit every time now, so I watched this 10 times waiting for it

Reminder to budget some money to pay off the LP League, as they have black/shitlisted AGDG and will trash any game and dev who doesn't pay up.

>a bunch of cubes
nice game faggot

who?

You have Jmonkey for 3d, but nobody uses it, but it's nice.

For 2d you have libgdx, which is pretty nice.

For 3d you have lwjgl, which is also nice, but get ready to some heavy opengl stuff.

i want to make a game that is essentially a turn based RPG battle with dress up. can unity do that

yes