Do straight pipes produce the most power?

Do straight pipes produce the most power?

No.

In theory, straight pipes OF THE CORRECT DIAMETER produce the most power.

Power to get hated? Yes

That depends entirely on what system you have. Without knowing your setup, there is no way to answer that properly.

no

also sound the worst

Noise or emissions aren't a concern. We are talking straight power production here.

Me straight piping your mom creates the most orgasms.

/thread

Yes, that's why people run cutouts and open headers at the track when looking for every last horsepower.

Yes. But listen to Backpressure is very real and can benefit an engine. This is why exhaust pipe diameter is important and why you can see gains in a high quality exhaust vs a cheap exhaust.

If I slapped on a 3" straight pipe exhaust on my AW11 it won't make as much power as a 2.5" exhaust or even a 2" because I have such a small engine that produces only a certain amount of pressure and a 3" wouldn't produce enough backpressure for the engine to be as efficent as possible.

it's not backpressure you fucking idiot, it's called exhaust scavenging. If you have air going back into the exhaust ports of an engine youre going to fucking destroy something.

I'm not spoon feeding you on exhaust scavenging, look it up and stop spewing shit you read on reddit.

the back pressure meme strikes again

ok assuming your logic is correct (it isn't btw)

won't the catalytic converter provide enough back pressure so the engine won't explode or whatever the fuck you think back pressure does?

You dumbass. They're almost the same thing. Backpressure is a wave of pressures (not a constant), positive and negative. The right backpressure is negative at each exhaust port when they are open and positive when they are closed. This helps to draw exhaust from the engine much like a vacuum cleaner does moving air from high pressure to low pressure.

Back pressure is not a constant. You have a minimum flow rate at some point in the exhaust. This is your bottleneck and determining factor of the backpressure wave. Maybe your catalytic converter is the bottleneck, just depends on its flow rate and the rest of the exhausts flow rate. That's why high flow cats are a thing.
Actually more effective than exhaust size is placement. As you want to place the exhaust tip at an area of low pressure as to suck the fumes from the actual exhaust itself.

As someone majoring in Aerospace Engineering and having study aerodynamic flow I can tell you is right.

and are just ignorant.

ok so let me get this str8

you need back pressure for an unspecified reason (back pressure wave isn't a reason), rather than just making the simplest assumption that a freer flowing exhaust would just let an engine breath easier.
(which seems too logical and straightforward)

and that back pressure itself is best aided by the exhaust gasses being sucked out as it were

sounds totally legit

ordering a degree online from the university of poo dehli isn't going to get you anywhere pahjeet

Holy shit you do not get the point. Do you even have a basic understanding of pressures? A gas flows from and area of high pressure to an area of low pressure....
Exhaust gasses coming out of exhaust ports at different times creates a pulse of pressure, aka backpressure. This pulse is a pulse of both high and low pressure. The right size bottleneck will provide the correct wave frequency to create a low pressure area at each exhaust port at the exact time it is opening, which is ideal because that "sucks" the gas out.

I believe MagnaFlow actually did a YouTube video on exhaust size and pressures. I'll have to see if I can find it.
Also I'm not him, but I don't think there are any online colleges that offer Aerospace Engineering as a major... Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

Cunt you must be new here

Scavenging relies less on pressure gradients and instead effectively on inertia.

Volumetric flow rate is constant regardless of diameter. Reduced diameter decreases crossectional area but increases inertia. At the junction, the low pressure is caused by the passing gasses and aids flow in the next cylinder.

Check out Julian Edgars's 21st century perfomance.

do you have a basic understanding of how a 4 stroke internal combustion motor works?

easier out flow = more power

I swear to god I think neo 4 chan is nothing but shills from ctr and the 1 inch pipe factory keen to move their backsupply

Uhh that may a bit mangled but w/e.

Do you really think it's that simple? I thought what you think when I was 14.

and are 100% correct.

Then not having any pipes would produce the most power.

Pipes increase exhaust resistance.