/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

This is the nost 2.0 general. Nostalrius was a vanilla wow private server which is getting re-released by Elysium.
elysium-project.org/about/

>When is the release?
Nothing is set in stone, but a stress test took place on the 20th of Nov. and valkyrie has said they do not want to wait endlessly to release the server

>What servers will be released?

>OLD NOST PVP (Name: Nostalrius PVP)
will be released soon. This has all your old level 60 chars for nostalgias sake.
>NEW NOST PVP (Name: Elysium PVP)
Brand new server, will be released 3 weeks after old nost.WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!

>what faction are we rolling?

Horde guild: Salty Dogs
Alliance guild: Doesn't exist
----------------------------------------

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg vag wowg world of warcraf

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20100905181105/http://www.gotwow.ic.cz/ancient-history/
discord.gg/QzMvbzv
youtube.com/watch?v=HdjSguhfKf8
forum.elysium-project.org/index.php?showtopic=23002&hl=+launch +order
wow.gamepedia.com/Nathanos_Blightcaller
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WILL DESTROY ALL HORDE SCUM WITH MY MIGHTY HAMMER OF JUSTICE!!

YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE LIGHT!!

I WILL AUTO ATTACK YOU TO DEATH!!

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!

do not join salty cucks

press 'f' to pay respect to dabpepe for early releasedate and fortunate leveling

pretty interesting read I found from leddit if you want to see how big of a shitshow the pserver scene used to be

web.archive.org/web/20100905181105/http://www.gotwow.ic.cz/ancient-history/

Kys merove

Is this Puddi?

are you retarded? no its some random trap posted by some shitter

no this is

f

No it's me.

is this UI a meme? I kinda like it

>guaranteedreplies.jpg

Why would it be a meme?

for the same reason Spartan UI's a meme It looks like shit

why are you faggots posting so much about ui's

It's called a "clean and minimalistic UI".
I'm sorry your shit taste cant handle anything without dragons and gryphons attached to it.

looks alright, if you like it then use it

>using anything but default ui, outfitter/whatever equipment manager you use, enemy frames, threat meter, and enemy cast bar.

>minimalistic
>giant think black border around things for no reason
>two chat boxes
>giant black box to remind you the name of the zone you're in (just in case you forgot or had a hard time opening your map
>god awful GAMUR font for everything

lmao

>not using the default font

uninstall my man

Only good thing about Shagu ui is tooltip and custom nameplates. Also minimap skin for SMM but sadly it comes packed up with rest of shit. Action bar is really ugly

If you don't like duscussing game fuck off to your discord where you can talk about memes and how much you love to suck dick, kiddo

A Goblin Land Mine on top of an Immolation Trap!

Concussive Shot stun proc!

Aimed Shot crit! Ka-BLAM!

Do you even know what's happening to you? Of course not! The dead can't think, idiot!

>tfw too intelligent to play horde

your ui isnt going to help you

I raided once as a holy priest at nost and found it to be quite stressful with downranking and all that. Does it get more relaxing when I learn proper downranking etc and add macros/addons?
I would like to pvp as spriest but also want to experience the whole raiding part of WoW as well. Might just switch to a warrior and go tank/dps even though it doesnt seem as fun as a spriest in pvp.

>tfw too ugly to play alliance

you're gonna get bullied IRL if you use those kinds of glasses

>tfw too cool IRL to play anthing besides Undead rogue
heh... step aside kids..

dumb frog poster

I can't believe there is someone out there that is autistic enough to post this in every thread.

You just want to be fucked by big demon cock again, do you?

>tfw wanna roll a druid but don't be an ugly cow

discord.gg/QzMvbzv

discord.gg/QzMvbzv

discord.gg/QzMvbzv

REAL ALLIANCE DISCORD

i wanna fug sylvanas

Eh, I at least its not shitposting about namefags and trannies and it's mildly entertaining.

>implying tauren isn't GOAT race

roll alliance femelf bby

you don't need to cosntantly think about downranking so much as you have a set of core spells, some of which happen to be downranked

you have your 1 or 2 "spam" spells which would heal for anything like 1000-1.5K, depending on your preferred rank and how geared you are, every 2.5 seconds which you can sit there and cast forever without going oom

you have your nuke heals which are greater heal or prayer max rank, you usually use this in an enrage phase or with inner focus or if a tank's lower than he should be or whatever

you have your max rank flash and shield for when something goes wrong

you have max rank renew to raidheal, and to put on tanks, and maybe a low rank of flash heal to raidheal as well if your raid group isn't constantly spammed with OP chain heal. you can also raid heal with low ranked prayer if your raidgroups are set up with priests plus melees (who usually take the bulk of raid damage)

each of these has pretty straightforward application and situational use, so it's more of a flowchart style of spell choice (use luna frames so you can see (a)who isn't getting heals and (b)the exact hp they miss) than it is a constant headache

as far as macros/addons, some people like mouseover/click healing but it's by no means necessary

Once you get to know the fights and you can predict incomming damage, it gets better. You can also raid as shadow but it's consumable heavy and you need to know your shit if you want to outdps the shitters and/or do more than below-the-tank dps.

Don't joke around, I've got that talent that increases my critical damage!

My plan:
>play on old nost and enjoy my geared 60s
>kill few salty cucks who still gonna play there
>new server arrives
>steal every Yu-gi-oh related nickname
>wait 1 week
>roll in
>quickly level to 60 in 2 weeks cuz I'm good at this game unlike you losers
>all salty cucks are still in mid 40s
>lmeo
>destroy salty cucks while listening to this youtube.com/watch?v=HdjSguhfKf8

that pitiful stun proc won't save you from being defiled by big green orc cock!

I got some sweet black friday deals on some adult diapers to help me cope with the hershey squirts I'll have during the nost reopening due to the coffee and bagel bite diet I'll be living on until I hit 60

Thanks! hmm, I think I might give priest another try.
What other classes have a lot of utility/support in pve/pvp?
Also how do the ranking system work for healers? Do you get honourable kills from people in your group/raid or is it just individual? I just realised that it might be a bonus that I have several options of playstyle in pvp.

>wait 1 week
>roll in
>get ganked and camped in STV
>quit

>he doesn't knows any places to level at 30s besides STV
cmao weeb dweeb

by level to 60 you mean get one shot my my ww axe mortal strike right lmao

>wait 1 week
>server still completely filled with chinks
>go back to the white mans heaven that is nost2

I can't stand their running animation.

But then I'd have to join a normie guild!

-Questing
-Grindin
-Lootin
-Harvestin ores, herbs, skinnin
-Craftin weapons, armors, potions, flasks, bags
-Auction Housein, undercuttin, biddin
-Pvpin
-Making friends and enemies
-Guild drama
-VG drama
-Server drama
-World chat drama
-Dungeons
-Raids
-Wipes
-Epic loots!
-Server firsts
-Progression

Jesus I fucking love it, I love it all. I want it all. GIVE IT ALL TO ME!

-Sincerely, a literal /who that loves to play with you fucks every single time

I use my Fire Reflector and walk on your little traps.
Looks your plan backfired!

nost2 will be infested with chinks too, Crestfall is the only safe space

Fresh will be dead, fucker!

Quick /nosg/ Help Alex Save Puddi from Raid Boss Towelliee!

>coffee and bagels
The real winners go on meth

Reminder to filter all posts with Puddi

why the f*** can't trolls be warlocks?

Daily reminder that the 45 minute baron run quest to upgrade the tier 0 to tier 0.5 gear was the hardest quest accomplishment in all of WoW pre Naxx.

>Some thing we can say is that we’re aiming at a slightly lower player population, with hardware being very similar with the original Nostalrius PvP realm, so we should see improvement in this area.
This Elysium dev actually thinks there will be less players than there were on Nost.

Oh boy...this server is going to be a disaster for the first few months. The devs don't even know what they're getting themselves into! AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD why are they not releasing PvP 1 and 2 at the same time? Do they WANT everyone to populate 1 server or something?

forum.elysium-project.org/index.php?showtopic=23002&hl=+launch +order

why wouldnt you be an orc, they look the best and have the best racial

Hunters become more of a utility class mid-AQ and become a questionable raid spot in Naxx if it's a hardcore guild at least if they're not pulling their weight with kiting and try-harding for DPS (they get to be together with the shadow priest if the whole raid knows their shit, lel). Moonkins can be used as utility if geared enough and using full consumables but I doubt there'll be many guilds that will allow that. It really is THE meme spec.

You get honor while in group/raid but I'm not sure if there's a range limit in which you get it. Also, a good Priest in PvP with proper gear/engineering/positioning is pain in the ass for the opposing team. Nifty's Stopwatch and Wand of the Inevitable Doom come to mind as additional items for PvP.

Same reason why humans cant be hunters. There isn't one.

Because then Troll would have the biggest selection of classes.

Orc or UD warlock?

>they look the best
No, they look like a fucking square in-game. Why can't they have the proportions they used to in WC3?

who t f needs d2 anyway

>There isn't one.
wow.gamepedia.com/Nathanos_Blightcaller

Hes undead now but before the events of Arthas he was trained as an elite human ranger by the high elves themselves.

W-Wing clip!

bcs wc3 was pinnacle of Blizzard's games

>tfw played on Archimonde with Nurfed
>tfw application denied because I was a troll priest

Troll witch doctors and hexers exist.

>not going femorc

There's isn't [a reason]

I meant there isn't a reason.

But they would still be the 2nd least played race so who cares?

What type of utility and DPS does a boomkin bring to a raid? I am not a druid guy, but when I played holy priest in Vanilla the drood innervate to fill mana was a fucking godsend. I would change my staff to a Soul keeper with a spirit enchant on it.

I am obviously noob for even asking this but why do people say that ally warlock will get rekt by UD? I mean cant you just re-apply fear when he uses WotF? There is not diminishing return in this game right?

They already confirmed that there will be a popcap of about 8k players.

>nostcucks need to have "tags" in the op
>including wowg to make someone actually notice it
I thought vahneela was the best thing ever and basically literally everyone ever wants to play it instead of shitded retail?

Why is he so adorable, user?

Good luck applying it again.

They say that because they're shit. Disregard those posters.

Free trinket with separate cool down. WoTF makes you immune for a bit as well

3% spell crit aura that's party-based and the battle res/innervate which every druid can bring. That's why it's the meme spec.

Sounds like someone is not skilled enough to handle a 45 minute baron run.

Not everyone is kiddo.
The world needs bartenders.

Rogues counter warlocks.

WotF on a rogue makes them counter you harder.

There's a reason why warlocks are more common on the Horde.

>Rogues counter warlocks.
enough with lies and memes

Alright. Would you recommend tail/min until I get tailoring BiS and then swap out min or tail for engineering?
How much does alliance spriest struggle against UD? Would like to roll alliance for max comfiness, but I would hate myself for not picking an ugly dwarf and its difficult to pass up on fem ud casting animations and DP

>Getting to baron in 45 minutes is one of the toughest objectives in game at level 60

What the fuck?

is there even any point in this gear? I haven't touched much end game in vanilla, so I don't know. Do people even try to get Tier 0 gear?

They do you fuckface.
>inb4 le SL meme

Of course UD will be something you'll have to look out for. But they won't all be undead rogues (although it will feel like it sometimes). There will be ezpz mages to kill and healers to fuck with too.

Warlocks might not be the 1v1 masters vs UD players, but they can still contribute in huge ways to teamfights.

Did you mean Skull of Impending Doom by the way?

This was vanilla's catch-up mechanic. People complained about not being able to raid end get shiny purples so they added them. I think the rogue and warrior sets were the only ones worth getting.

full destro+succubus two shots rogue lmao

>succubus
>ever

Yeah, you're retarded