My Summer Car Thread 8 /msc/ - Now with More PC Potatoes and Rally Wins

First Thread: Second Thread: Third Thread: Fourth Thread: Fifth Thread: Sixth Thread: Seventh Thread: Walkthrough / Screw Guide: my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

For people who have questions, search through previous threads first, there's plenty of good info in them

Peer, fun & failed inspections

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ngtSWCqZ
stickeryou.com/2/products/car-decals/622
mega.nz/#!ngtSWCqZ!X-hJVL7bPK3k0tEJ1YkZ6TeOn5tY3H5MkT1olFdLsHE
youtube.com/watch?v=7-jt5EYHZ5U
youtube.com/watch?v=RkhdfhGsANk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ive always helped people who wanted to finetune their valves but now that the engine comes by default with untuned valves and i cant check WHICH ONE needs to be tuned and the ticking sound wont go away i cant figure out how to do this shit.

8 fucking valves and i dont know which one is too lose, which one is too thight, or if some are loose and others are thight.

Marlboro 240RS skin with PSD
image: PSD file: mega.nz/#!ngtSWCqZ
*note have to flip "Marlboro Finnish Rally" in "side b" group folder of the PSD file

piss on them

Mate you aren't gonna believe that shit. Had to go to the inside, accel, see how quick the engine felt, go to loose/thighten up 2 valves of a cylinder, go back, turn on the engine, check response again, and so on with this fucking bullshit until i was able to remove the ticking and re-adjust them properly.

Jesus fuck dude, the car was complete and i was halfway to getting every part from the magazine paid and shipped to be installed and i was borderline thinking starting a fresh new game to test my luck

>not just tapping the throttle on the carb

glad I could help

That wouldn't fix the issue my friend. The issue was valve related. Not carb.

yeah because it's so much better to walk around the car, get in, then push the accelerator while inside it to listen to the valves

9'th for game a shit

Wait, how can i open the throttle body without going inside the car?

And yes. Sometimes i need to get in because the car shuts off and i can only start it from inside.

care to explain why you have such an opinion?

Like any other carbed vehicle...the throttle linkage. You can start the car from the outside as well.

pls inform me master

wat...all you do is hover over the carb to move the throttle linkage

Read the wiki!

Unscrew each one endlessly

Screw back in 7 times.

finu

dented the shit out of my car just putting the fucking suspension together

My sides

If you are a retard you would do that. But after trying that i found out that it seems that the loosening/thightening effect loops.

Besides, valves start in a random position, so the strategy will not be the same effect every time.

Go to documents, appdata, local low, amistech, and delete "Meshsave.txt"

This will restart the condition of the vehicles to brand new. I usually dont like it, but when either a small dent to the grill or the chassis in two cost the same (around 4k) and the game likes to dent the car by having you stand close to it, i dont give a shit.

Cool, thanks. Maybe the dev will make it less dent prone in the future.

I actually want to hope for 3 things that will make the game less hardcore.

Make the car itself slightly stronger (i mean, after getting used to indestructable muscle cars, vans, and shit trucks, its hard getting used to something that actually breaks)

Make your character not collide with the chassis (because fuck walking too close and denting it)

And having bus stops (Maybe then the dev could go back to having you respawn in the cementery after you die and it wouldn't be boring to go back to your house.

>tfw no spurdo sticker for my IRL shitbox

Holy fucking shit this game....it shouldn't take 30 fucking minutes to install a radiator hose

Yeah I had that problem for a while, 3 rad hoses and the rest is a puzzle. Had to hover and rotate each hose randomly till it check marked even around areas where it ended up attaching to and obvious attatching points.

>PNG
>no transparency

What are you using, ms paint?

Boo fucking hoo
stickeryou.com/2/products/car-decals/622

Like my weeb car?

Looks gud.

I died in the musclecar, where does it go? I need it to go pick up the satsuma from the shop. Checked the dump, only found a cool sofa that I used on my way home to get the honeypot unstuck.

>weeb
stopped caring there

>crash into ditch on the way highway
>turn around to go to repair shop
>on the way notice my top speed is struggling to exceed 130 when before it would easily go past 160
>can't afford any repairs
>drive home and bolt drivers door back on
>inspect engine, smoke colour is optimal, valves are optimal, nothing unbolted.
What's wrong with my car and how do I fix it?

>You can start the car from the outside as well

Wat

How

Jump in the engine bay and turn around.

Is it normal to not get sewage calls for 4-5 days straight? I finally got one but the phone has been uncharacteristically silent.

Every time I try to pull away in 1st my revs go down very low and I often stall, also very little power at low rpm in 1st too, despite all aftermarket parts installed. Ideas?

Ah, I figured that after I posted. And here I was, thinking there was some way to trigger the starter manually like a dunce.

rev up immediately before shifting into gear and don't step down

So which gear ratio did you guys pick? I chose 4.11, bretty smooth and comfy but not as quick hitting redline

Yeah, that works. Is what I described normal?

probably too rich/lean fuel mixture

Noticed I fucked up the link to PSD, mega.nz/#!ngtSWCqZ!X-hJVL7bPK3k0tEJ1YkZ6TeOn5tY3H5MkT1olFdLsHE
Sorry about that guys that wanted to edit it

make sure to do this immediately after starting the car without letting it warm up or you'll blow the motor, the closer to redline the better

Has anyone went fast enough on the dirt roads with the van to get some speed wobble?

I got speed wobble in the poop truck.

I didn't get any unless I'm turning at 110ish or I had poop in the tank but when turning at that speed this is what it's like with the diff locker on
youtube.com/watch?v=7-jt5EYHZ5U

Trying to tune my engine, keep loosening the screw like the guide says and waiting for a tick but haven't heard one yet? I've been doing quite a bit of unscrewing, do I just have to keep going or is this normal?

this doesn't sound normal, it should start ticking at some point. does this happen on all valves?

youtube.com/watch?v=RkhdfhGsANk
Turn the car on.

Carb tune, just rev up with x for clutch then dump it if you can't be fucked to fix it.

Fix your tune man, I redline it from completely cold until mid temp without anything bad happening.

New wheels/tire gets you penalties on inspection even a spoiler? fug
Do I need bumpers too? Lost the rear and what the fuck is "warning triangle" I'm pretty sure my warnings work.

Stock parts only, you need bumpers and everything.

Triangle can be anywhere in car, take it off the back of the tractor.

In finland (and other nordic countries) you need to have a warning triangle in the trunk to put on the side of road in case of an accident or breakdown.
Just steal the triangle from the tractor

welp time to search for it on the trails or buy a new one

>buy a new one
I have bad news son

Heh, too late found it but now the only problem is getting to the inspection sober

should Veeky Forums come here, or will you guys eventually move over there? i'm actually okay with it being over here, if mods let it stay up.

naww, I feel at home here. No thank you since /ovg/ is still here too

>mods
What's that?

The only feature we really need:

OEM parts catalog.

np. just checking to see which threads are getting actual supplies. Veeky Forums is being used as tech support, but that should end soon enough.

>stock carburetors fully in stock
>clearance sale 50% off

>i arrive to store
>load up on peer n sausage
>load up van, shopping bag is intact
>steal all the gas for my cans n vans
>rock and roll ready to go
>pull out of town, life feels good
>spirits high
>as im approaching the highway I try to slow down
>start to accelerate out of control instead
>can't turn, can't brake, blinkers won't even work
>realize my controller has died
>fly off road, plow into tree and die

i will never get home with my peer and weenies

>tfw still waiting for my parts
How long? It has been over a week now. Feels like the stickers from notori.

just go to the store and see if the invoice is on the counter, if it isn't, save at the shitter and come back to check again.

>>as im approaching the highway
you dance with the devil, my friend
a week? I did a mass order after saving and got mine in less than two days. did you check to see if the receipt was at the store? you might have to place your order again.

what gear ratio do i need to hit 220 for the achievement?

can someone post a map with the shit tanks labeled?

Highest one but your acceleration will be a shit

I just can't find my break leakage.
Fuck brakes, who needs them anyway.

posting my current skin as jpeg

no need to lose the tool kit anymore

Already did that.
Just checked now, they are in a fucking porch on the side of the porch (near the pumps).
I was waiting to deliver at my home lol

>on the side of the shop
Fix'd.

well you're just a retard

>inspection 2nd trip
>exhaust system penalty
>failure to pass
>apparently hitting a bump loosened it on the way

time for vodka

Here you go senpai

thank you boss now I can finally pump away at my neighbor's stink hole

>going down highway to pick up drunk bro from bar
>go to turn off at gas station
>accidentally double tap B
>straight money shift it, loud thunks, tires lock up
>skid up the road next to the fuel pumps
>car won't even turn over
>guy walks over and gets in my car anyway
fugggg :^)

I cant get the fucking shock absorbers in

I have the trail arms and coils installed, but the checkmark never appears when I fiddle around with the absorbers

wtf man

You DID pass the inspection user?

just did. stripped all my upgrades to do it.

Coils are a little farther back than the spring on the rear

Only the exhaust/muffler and custom wheels need to be taken off for inspection.
You don't even need passenger seats to pass.

>tfw passed first try
Didn't go to the mechanic either. git gud.

Guise, I found the MSC character in real life.

>Finnish
>Datsun 100a
>Rilli with fries

well shit, I put the radiator, headers and seats in. what a shit.

Put kkekmet tractor like this for extra light when power failure

TRIANGLES

Tips on rallye?

I wonder if the makers of Datsun are aware of this game, and how they would feel about it.

>I wonder if the makers of the Datsun are alive and not geriatric
FTFY