Can I trust these little inset mirrors to see my blindspot so I don't have to shoulder check?

Can I trust these little inset mirrors to see my blindspot so I don't have to shoulder check?

No. Don't be a faggot.

Why don't you try and find out?

stop driving a camaro.

Fiesta. The visibility isn't terrible but still pretty bad.

They work out perfectly find for me. Just set your mirror to your desired view you feel the most comfortable with and test to see if you can see your bilndspots perfectly with the blindspot mirror.

You do realize looking over your shoulder is part of your driving test if you live in America? Look over your shoulder and. Don't be a faggots.

I find it I get the same view out of it as I do when Iook out of my rear-passenger windows. I just don't feel comfortable not looking myself.

At the same time, it'd be safer to just check my blindspot without turning my head since I could still see the road in my peripheral vision. Almost rear ended someone in the half-second it took me to shoulder check when they slammed on their brakes.

The mirrors work well, but my experience is that motorcycles can still hide pretty well so always shoulder check.

Not entirely. Helpful as fuck though. Mad the mirrors on my MJ are clearly aftermarket and kinda small so I can't add one well.

American driving tests are a fucking joke, and American drivers are evidence.

I drove a fiesta for awhile that had those mirrors, it's extremely helpful and if you've got them set right you should be able to see basically everything down the left and right side of the vehicle

>American driving tests are a joke.
>a "manual license that is separate from a regular license" isn't a joke
>p plates aren't a joke
America is better in everyday. Even on driving tests.

>a "manual license that is separate from a regular license" isn't a joke

You're mistaken. The "manual licence" IS the regular one.

Personally I think people who can't drive manual shouldn't be given licences at all, but they decided to accommodate the retards and give them a at least a special retard licence.

>don't have to parallel park
>don't have to back up around a corner
>is done before you know it
>can be taken driving an automatic

the american driving test is a joke

You always have to shoulder check.

Always.

Stop being so lazy and do it, it'll make you a better driver.

There is no "american" driving test - it varies from state to state. In my state (Minnesota) I had to parallel park, back into a parking spot, etc.

>itt: anons that don't know how to adjust their mirrors and have no situational awareness

thank you. I always try my best to spend as little time as possible directly next to other cars as well so hopefully I don't get squished when someone doesn't look.

>not knowing what cars are around you at all times
???

I never understood the purpose of separate manual and automatic licenses. Someone explain this shit to me, please. I mean, if you don't know how to drive manual, you won't be driving a manual. If you can drive manual, why do you need a separate license to prove it? Isn't the action itself proof enough of your ability?

It's to stop people who've only ever driven auto being a danger to others if they get in a manual.

Why can't you trust yourself to see your blindspot so you don't have to shoulder check?

This is exactly what I do. Shoulder checking is one thing, but I've always be told to not take my eyes off the road too.

because MOTORCYCLES

Aren't they typically pretty loud?

fuck off

Not really, and you won't hear them until it's too late even if they are.

>looking over your shoulder
Almost no one looks over their shoulder on freeway or city roadway driving. I am almost the only one that briefly takes my eyes off the road in front of me to do a shoulder check. Everyone else just uses their mirrors and changes lanes and often don't signal if they are trying to cut or force their way in.

most people shoulder check? what are you even talking about?

>when you have good situational awareness and 99.999999% don't *need* to shoulder check but that .000001th time it saves your life

>can i use blind spot mirrors to check my blind spot
No they just put them there for decoration.

>this mad cus gm a shit
stay btfo

That's literally not a thing though.
Anyone who is so bad at manual, and so incompetent that they're dangerously bad, will not be driving it unless it's an emergency, in which case they'll drive it whether or not their license says they can.

Manuals are not hard, they do have a fairly high skill ceiling, but that doesn't mean that driving one like a normie is hard. This isn't special snow flake shit. Having separate licenses for manuals and autos is absolutely retarded and is a product of big government overreaching and over regulating.

>still projecting this hard

>Has to wait 13 mins to wipe the tears away
stay btfo

>gm fangirl ragequitted
as expected.

>tears of laughter
Yes :)

>Counting the minutes till he replies
Kys

>n.. no i wasnt crying
stay BTFO
>assmad GM fangirl detected
stay triggered

>gm fangirls btfo again
how will they ever recover?

Blindspot monitoring systems are going to be required in all new cars I America, IIRC, just like backup cameras.

In NJ years ago and probably still now I had to drive the course, parallel park, k-turn, back into a space, back out of a space too.

Jesus Christ you're dumb.

If someone is too stupid to drive manual, then they wouldn't pass the normal driving test, because guess what all the driving school cars are manual. This is an OPPORTUNITY for those people to still be able to get a licence. Auto-only licences are extremely rare and they're actually meant for ACTUAL DISABLED PEOPLE, like physically handicapped. In fact I'm sure it's so rare you'd have to shop around for bigger driving schools that even have an auto car for students available, but hey, you're given the OPPORTUNITY at least.

>Manuals are not hard, they do have a fairly high skill ceiling, but that doesn't mean that driving one like a normie is hard
They're not hard which is why YOU CAN JUST TAKE THE NORMAL DRIVING TEST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, AND 99%+ OF PEOPLE DO JUST THAT

>product of big government overreaching and over regulating
The alternative is just force people to pass the normal test like everyone elese and if not you can fuck right off. Maybe that's how it was done in the past.

Why do you need to be able to parallel park to get your licence? What if you say "oh I'll only ever park in parking lots, no street parking for me I don't need this". Why teach highway driving when someone says "oh I'm a city boy, I'll never have to drive on one anyway".

Are you neck muscles that weak or are you just morbidly obese? What else could make looking to the side for 1/2 a second so hard? Should you even be driving?