imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041110162/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So we've been testing the new gear for PVP and here are the results of some pretty strenuous testing. When in doubt, assume the entire accessory loadout is Warding (no Expert mode acc, and I'll explain why later).

>Stellar - Summoner
100% unusable. The summons will not seek out the player even if you attack them or they attack you. You'd have to walk around and attempt to get that dragon on them, even then it only does 50 damage to a mage (which is about middle armor).

>Solar - Melee
Really good when used with memesword but solar eruption can work too. Solar eruption builds auto-die to mages and require extra damage buffs, so you miss out on warding (your armor will be the same as an all-warding mage or ranger). The charge is useless since everyone will have wings/UFO

>Vortex - Range
The bow is useless in PVP; just way too slow to turn and people have 360 degrees movement now. The gun is really great but chlorophyte bullets don't work. You will have to aim luminite bullets. They do a lot more damage too, but take forever to kill a melee build. That's a tight fight which will require you to dodge poptart cats really well while sustaining fire. Cover is your enemy. Straight up loses to mage every time.

>Nebula - Mage
For most of the game, mages are one of the weaker classes since they're the same/lower damage than rangers with more limited ammo. In PVP however, they do INSANE damage and have 3 ridiculous attacks with different patterns. Using Prism/Blaze/Meteor is super powerful. Tested with all-damage and manaflower. Before someone memes at me with ">manaflower", please note that it has significant uses since your movement is confined when drinking mana. Being able to pre-charge your prism for the instakill beam is insane since you will never run out of mana. All your attacks do the most damage of them all, including Mememere sword. With full-Warding, you can sustain melee just fine and will beat out damage-based mages in mirrors.

Hope I was helpful.

got no replies last thread so...how do I improve this?

>(no Expert mode acc, and I'll explain why later).
Explaining why you don't want to PVP in expert mode:

Okay so in testing, I mentioned that we tried all damage an all warding (warding is significantly better, and defense seems to beat damage every time, what with weapons being pretty powerful on their own). Here's the thing, a mage, the most powerful in our tests, has to sacrifice 15% damage in order to get the infinite mana cheat. However, in expert mode, they just straight up get the extra damage. Check the image: they wouldn't really have room for anything else anyway. Meaning most other builds are just adding something random like Ankh shield (if not already) or maybe another emblem if they do something gimmicky.

This being the problem: it basically comes down to getting gimmicks AND damage on every build. 5 slots is fine but turns out 6 is so many that mirror matches become actually mirror instead of about your accessory choices.

In our tests, these new weapons (listed below) are so deadly that it's actually difficult to have much strategy, even if there's cover or enemies to farm for invincibility/nebulas/hearts/stars etc. This means with most matches against an opponent with a competent build, you're choosing your weapon before you start, and unless you get a lot of range probably not changing (without risking loss).

>Solar eruption
Pretty good if you get right up on someone, but requires lots of damage buffs and/or sentries that may not work.

>Meowmere
A+. Hit 2-3 times against most builds to gib them. Difficult arc to both hit with and dodge if you change it up.

>Vortex bow
Unusable due to slow turning. Decent damage. Can be similar to meowmere's attack pattern but less damage.

>Dolphin Gun SDMG
Very damaging if you can aim it. Basically a tile-blocked version of the meteor storm though that uses bullets.

>Stardust dragon & Cells
Useless. Broken AI won't target players.

>Last Prism
MVP. So much insane damage. With mana pots, you can sustain this fire for an entire match and do disgusting things like swirl the beam around offscreen until they die. Biggest weakess is the chargup attack which is pretty weak in PVP.

>Lunar Flare
As good as meowmere for damage but with the most bullshit physics. Hits from above and can go through walls, so you can basically sustain this with mana pots for a long time and just win without aiming.

>Nebula Blaze
If configured properly, a crit can OHKO a player and they semi-seek once they near a target. This makes it the most dangerous weapon in PVP. Generally does nothing to a melee build. Slow speed of projectiles and firing speed makes it a poor choice when the enemy isn't point blank or you can't take another hit from them (you will probably get hit firing this).

Overall, the mage's 3 weapons plus meowmere are the most ridiculous, with the SDMG being solid, especially against UFO rider.

make the wooden pillars and the mushroom's wallls thicker.
make that mahogany house look less downs-syndrome looking

>farming nazar in an expert world for the past two hours
>still no nazar
>get a shitton of tally counter instead

>Have so many spare parts for ankh shields that you had to allocate a chest to each one

there's no way terraria actually has a PvP scene

Please host and give me one.

>Australian
>Host
You're funny

It doesn't but we tested anyway. Since they made that gem PVP mode.

>less downs-syndrome looking

and I'm supposed to just guess what that stands for?

Ping doesn't matter anyway since I just need you to give me something and it'll take a minute. Pls host. This nazar farm is driving me insane.

>Broken AI won't target players.
Are chlorophyte bullets not homing in on players also broken?

>looking for the flower boots to try the ez bait farm
>spend like 3-4 hours in the jungle following cave tunnels and searching for shrines and trees
>overall found 13 ivy chests in this world, and no flower boots, no fiberglass fishing rod, no seaweed turtle pet
just fuck you redigit.
downloaded terramap for this shit. there's like 11 more chests left in the world.

remake it.
it looks retarded.
its like you couldn't decide between a treehouse and a hut, so you did something in the middle.

I think I did this right?

Nope! Are you on Steam?

Yep

why dont you just fucking download a world with everything in it, why does it have to be this particular user's nazar?

Yep, as said in
>The gun is really great but chlorophyte bullets don't work.

You're missing the point. They're not broken, they were intentionally made to NOT home in on players because that would be gay as fuck.

Throw a fuck ton of dynamite at it

Because shut up. I didn't ask for your suggestion, fuccboi.

I read what you said wrong. What I mean by broken is that it doesn't occur, so you cannot even use them. Broken means unusable. Not that it's unintentional. You misunderstood. Also I'm not giving an opinion here, just reporting findings. Use what works, ditch what doesn't.

fuck you nigger i went through 30+ worlds looking for an anklet of wind, I want all of you to feel my fucking pain you fucks

>decided ultra fuck it, I'll scan the contents of the chests too
my world doesn't even fucking HAVE flower boots
all the chests have boomsticks, regrowth staves, feral claws, and anklets. what the fuck is this shit? did they break the chest contents with the update and left out fishing rods, flower boots, and seaweed or what?

Haven't seen flower boots in 3 worlds and I checked every chest.

Nigga just use the browser based inventory editor. Who cares if >muh cheats, I give myself biome keys, anhk ingredients, frozen turtle shells, and other low drop rate shit all of the time. Hell I give myself stacks of building materials sometimes too. Nothing about RNG fucking you over is fun, if I kill 50-some frozen turtles and not one of those faggots drops their shell I have no problem giving myself one for the trouble. If you're not having fun, take shit into your own hands.

Look do you guys want these or not?

Give Steam name pls.

After spending my afternoon looking for a fucking item that doesn't exist (these stupid ass flower boots), this is exactly what I'm going to do. Fuck man, could've played an actual good game instead of boring myself in the jungle.
Thanks for the offer but why bother.

I like it, you could try to add a fourth kind of styled building, maybe something for the quest kid. Driftwood inspired with fish stuff, sounds good to me desu

u rude

driftwood? you mean the palm wood from the ocean trees?

This? steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041110162/

What do

I mean a real-physical-driftwood-house inspired building like this

Abandon that dirtrock compound and build an actual base.

just fight em pussy

With 8 arrows and a lead broadsword on expert?
Rude

i fought em with a copper shortsword on expert mode, its fine as long as you dont fight the ones with the zombie arms

This is probably an unpopular topic, but;
Starbound.
Is it good? I want to construct a large and heavily armed surface colony, and then make a leviathan space-faring colony ship in the colony's drydock at which point I'll shift my focus to interstellar living. Is that a feasible expectation of Starbound?

sorry nigger but starbound has it's own general (that dies every time it gets made) for a reason
just don't buy it

>just don't buy it
That aside, is it at least decent?

Got 2 flower boots on my current world, was pretty surprised

Is this the birth of an epic new maymay?

no, just do something productive instead of playing trash games made by trash developers

Alright, I won't play Terraria. Thanks for the advice.

tfw have to stack melee armor but use guns in new-hardmode on expert mode just so destroyer probes dont tear my ass asunder

imagine rubbing your dick on those ruby eyes, its probably smooth as fuck

>blasting eurobeat at full force during the new event

SPEED SPEED LOVER

i've been using two pieces of life regen armor and summoning accessories at end game. feels weird

Googly eye mod when?

>go to my old character for ten seconds to see what shit he had
>kill some random enemies
>adhesive bandage and nimbus rod and clock drops immediately
>recall spending hours farming the fucking bandage and clock
at least critting enemies with my sniper rifle was fun

Never, probably.

Does anyone have requests for old textures like copper brick from 1.2ish for me to post before I delete this texture folder off my hard drive?

Just dump them all.

Why does it always take the TModLoader guys so long to bring their shit up to speed? Barely anything changed in 1.3.4

Any suggestions for bathroom walls?

Currently weighing up whether to build out the cellar as a swimming pool, and construct a separate 'toolshed' for all the crafting stations

Bottom-most row, use Stone Slab. For the rest, go Marble, or one of the various wallpapers sold by the Painter.

Think of it like a real bathroom, and decorate accordingly.

Painted wallpaper for walls, otherwise marble.
Could go with stucco for a shower.

>stone slab
>wallpaper
Excellent choices

Yessss, finally I can stop playing the video game.

how shit is it?

it's an abstract kind of shit

Which is more fun, melee or summoner?

summoner

A combination of both of them.

What summon monster would you recommend for endgame? Stardust dragon?

Optic Staff

What kind of armor set should I aim for for hybrid?

Depends on your weapons. I'm mostly wearing melee armor, and melee and summoner accessories.

So I guess in the context of fishing quests, "Surface" means "Forest" and all of them mean "no corruption or hallow" unless strictly required in the description?

Why are there so many incentives for keeping parts of your world both uncorrupted and unhallowed when they don't give you any reasonable means to keep them that way? Are you just supposed to blast away at your Forest with Green Solution every three fucking days and/or spend 2 hours digging a trench?

Look, another person having a non-issue. Man, digging a 3 blocks wide hole around a small biome and putting some wood at the top parts in order to block the grass from growing down is soooooooooooooo damn hard, right? Like, 2 hours worth of work, right?

I bought into the Starbound meme soon after it hit it's 1.0.

Ignoring the asspain over removed and gutted features, I didn't find it very enjoyable.

Exploring the planets was alright at first, but then every planet ended up looking the same to me after a couple hours.

The ship feature is alright, but it could have been much better.

the whole hunger system was neat, but after finding an initial source of a couple plants and a relatively minor investment in a fridge you will never go hungry.

The story and quests they apparently hamfisted in for 1.0 felt bland and uninteresting.

Base building could have been fun, but the selection of blocks and inability to hammer corners makes many projects look like ass.

All in all, the only parts I really liked were the base building concepts (build outposts and have as many random shitters and merchants live in them as you want) and the randomized weapons/combat.

>cheating in any game
Hello >>>/reddit/

Eh, I was gonna pick em out to save people from digging through the entire folder. If you want the whole thing you can just grab it yourself off spriter's resource.

What a horrible layout.

Forgot to ask, but is summoner endgame post moon lord equip viable for expert bosses?

>crimson lake list completely overrides whatever biome lake it used to be
>cannot catch snow biome fish in snow biome
>cannot catch cavern fish underground
>not even the quest fish

Well, it's endgame equipment. By that time, you should have already killed the bosses.

r8/h8

Better than anything I've ever done/10. It looks nice

I think you should get on my level,pleb.

You mean I should make a bland room with vanity items that is not even finished?

I meant that you should play some CoD since Terraria is not for you, my autistic artist.

Don't worry, I also play the newest CoD with titans and I'm pretty autistic about it

Finish your room, fag

Too much fucking space to show off some armor nobody cares about, armor which one will spare no gaze toward for longer than a quarter of a second.
Completely garbage.

I will. Soon
Your underground pier is cool tho

iktf
>look for the flower boots just AFTER starting HM in expert cause want to try fishing for the first time and want to fish aglet + anklet
>found them after a few hours of hardship cause early HM armor.
>in the end fishing isn't even fun so I haven't used them for more than 10 minutes
>found them almost instantly in a new world

Hello

I have literally never seen the flower boots, after searching for them for ages.
God bless that one mod that lets you choose the maximum number of fishing lines you can toss at once.

Updated tshock when

i've gotten some bad dungeons but jesus christ user

>all this ass pained envy

>cheating
Hello