/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 27th:
1095 – Pope Urban II declares the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont.
1807 – The Portuguese Royal Family leaves Lisbon to escape from Napoleonic troops.
1835 – James Pratt and John Smith are hanged in London; they are the last two to be executed for sodomy in England.
1940 – In Romania, the ruling Iron Guard fascist party assassinates over 60 of arrested King Carol II of Romania's aides and other political dissidents.
1942 – World War II: At Toulon, the French navy scuttles its ships and submarines to keep them out of Nazi hands.

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akaroa#French_settlement)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanto-Bordelaise_Company).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

W&B

3rd for warhammer

When will you fuck off, you steamcordplaza spic? Literally no one likes you.

White.

/gsg/ is a WARHAMMER GENERAL. all non-gehemiseninacht posters must assimilate or have their titles revoked for being infidels.

anyone have the latest version of the geheminazireicht mod?

*tips Ghal-Maraz*

Are you being fucking serious right now

yea why? I don't see it in this thread and it isnt linked in the OP

the MEIOU and Taxes for eu4 from the mega crashes on loading flags.

game version is 1.18

what am I doing wrong?

Please die immediately

It was posted literally 10 minutes ago on the last thread

well shit I just got here how am I supposed to know to look on the old thread?

not to mention it's in the archive
he's probably just shitposting

Fun fact: if you google "geheminazireicht" this thread is the only result.

For your efforts

help please

Black.

"no"

This damn part in the EU main theme that's similar to Klendathu Drop from the Starship Troopers soundtrack. Always makes me feel like I need to declare war.

No, it's good now, but having more unique national ideas will improve it. Its mechanics are sound, unlike EU4.

>Always makes me feel like I need to declare war.
You always need to declare war, lad. You always need to declare war.

where?

>Its mechanics are sound
ayyo hold up
*spends political mana to justify war*
is you saying
*spends political mana to annex austria*
so you be saying
*spends political mana to take a new national focus*
we be some kinda
*spends political mana to remove ministers*
GRAND STRATEGY GAME?!?
*draws single arrow to moscow*

>you can play as a holy order in gehemnisnazi but not vanilla
Paradox Development studios should just kill themselves.

This is the average paradox fan

Its political mana is about on par with Vicky diplo mana. It's basically a way of cooldown-gating your employment of ministers, while also letting you make the decision to delay that if you really want to change another nations' political alignment.

>*draws single arrow to moscow*
That's just for the noobs, anyone skilled will use that as the basis for setting up a front but will micromanage all the units. There's nothing wrong with the meme arrows.

>sure ive spent close to 300 dollars on this game, but each dlc makes it deeper and more enjoyable
>blitzkrieg is Literally a paid feature in hoi4
How do you go from how based Parados were five years ago to THIS?

>There's nothing wrong with the meme arrows.
Alright, you've had your fun, time to go back.

>There's nothing wrong with the meme arrows.
Except that they can easily play the game for you. Sure, you could micromanage the eastern front, but you could as well send 200 divisions straight for Moscow and be done with it. Which leads to the main problem, the brain dead AI

No one is forcing you to use the arrows.

How do I recruit state troops? I can't find anything in the forums.

Alright, you've had your fun, time to go back.

I'm not even the same guy I'm just saying the truth.

>go to forum
>search this forum
>state troops
Wow that was hard.
Anyway, existing regiments are in the mercenaries tab, they're your vassals and have a "Raise" instead of a "Hire" button. To found a new regiment, select one of your demesne provinces, right click the county thingy and select "Found regiment" or something like that. It's a major up-front investment, but it's worth it

I have formed SGF as Austria, what is the optimal composition of puppets out of the former Austrian territory?
i changeownered venice to me

The arrows are just a way of automating the basic battle line, micromanagement is still necessary to play the game well.

The meme arrows will only beat the AI meme arrows if yours are significantly stronger in the first place.

Have you guys voted on steam yet?

>mfw I've accidentaly unchecked the search on this forum box
Thanks, I'll see if I can go through this trainwreck alive.

>micromanagement is still necessary to play the game well.
But that's the point, you don't need to play the game well. Just open up a second front or maybe just a second advance and bam, you've outplayed the AI

Are you gonna post these every single thread?
Anyways I'm sure these 6 individuals accurately portray every single Paradox fan.

Yes I will. And they don't represent every paradox fan, that's not the meaning of the word average lad.

Happens to the best of us

He's shitposting. Don't reply.

Did you only play the game on release day or something? The AI has already improved, and if you play on veteran difficulty and buff the AI it can be challenging unless you're playing a superior nation.

So what should my goals be here?

>The AI has already improved, and if you play on veteran difficulty and buff the AI it can be challenging unless you're playing a superior nation.
Sure the game can be challenging if you're playing as Luxembourg >inb4 someone posts that Luxembourg blob. But that's beside the point. If a WW2 game has you complete Unternehmen Barbarossa with minimal losses within a fewmonths it probably isn't a veryy good WW2 game

>pernalonga assustado.png

Can't Paragay bekomm Gross?

Just play Blackice mod
>inb4 autist saying how you need an overhaul mod just for the game to be good
we use mods for every single game on here..

Argentina and Uruguay so you can form United Provinces

I agree to some extent. I currently think the game's biggest flaw (possibly aside from the poor naval AI) is the fact that the countries with unique national ideas are too strong to be much fun, but the countries that are weaker don't have unique national ideas. I'm looking forward to the updates which have more national ideas though, we're getting India, Canada, Australia, South Africa and NZ national ideas in the next few weeks.

>giving (you)s to GOY4 shills
I thought you were better than this.

>we use mods for every single game on here
Most of these games at least present a basic challenge in their vanilla state though

VAMPIRE KEKS ABSOLUTELY BTFO

WE WILL BE MAKING THE EMPIRE GREAT AGAIN SOON, LADS

did u steal the ring?

>warscore at -4
Nice try, fleshbag

Paraguay's natural border is the Rio Grande

THE MADMAN ACTUALLY SCRAMBLED ALL OF HIS REMAINING TROOPS IN A DESPERATE LAST ATTEMPT TO CONQUER ME

No.

He occupied my capital for a short period of time. Look at the warscore now.

Do Lizardmen have good content in Geheimnisnacht?

ABSOLUTELY BTFO

I have no idea, honestly.

Alright, the 3 France tags are (mostly) done, so now I'm moving on to re-doing the French Dominions.

I've already started the re-adding of the Pied-Noirs, who can gradually be settled there much like how the French New Zealand system works. by paying a fuck ton of money (up to three times), you can send more and more people there to become Pied-Noirs. After you've send settlers there 3 times and have made the areas into states, you'll once again be able to gain cores on Algeria, at the cost of boatloads of militancy from the natives and a bit from the French people as well.

As for other possible avenues of early-game colonial expansion, I'm pretty undecided. I know Australia is a popular one suggested here if done by event (to bypass the massive infamy costs), and some weird historical footnotes also exist like the french lawyer who made himself king of Patagonia

Anyway, enough with my rambling, what kind of places do you guys think France should be able to make into actual settler colonies?

Has anyone formed the new Golden horde yet?

>of the Sylvania
This always triggers me

I can conquer get cores on all that wasteland, yes. Just tested and all I'd have to do is conquer the adjacent Argentinean substate to get the decision, and either become a GP or research N&I before 1865/the Argentinean AI researches it.
>Argentina and Uruguay so you can form United Provinces
If I wanted that I'd just play as Argentina desu

What should my goal borders be?

These:

>I'm looking forward to the updates which have more national ideas though, we're getting India, Canada, Australia, South Africa and NZ national ideas in the next few weeks
reminder this is what the Paradox team could come up with for naming national ideas for NZ, fucking memers

>hpm will never integrate this
Literally why? I assume it's all historical?

Lisboa-Cape-Tokyo triangle

Forgot the fucking pic again

"Ecks dee, ecks dee." - Johan Andersson.

A lot of other countries lack historical flavour that would make them OP as fuck, fixing it for just one nation would unbalance the whole game.

Absolutely based.

Dial down the memes you motuhbreather

>what kind of places do you guys think France should be able to make into actual settler colonies?
Argentina, specifically Patagonia

>conquer get cores
conquer and get cores*
>either become a GP or research N&I before 1865/the Argentinean AI researches it.
[...] to take the decision*

Now I just need to spam prestige, pick a diplomacy focus and spam piety in order to prepare for the great blob wars.

I haven't noticed that until now desu, lad.

I've stopped with them already, lad. I was just too excited from the rape of the spooky army.

Then don't make it OP?

OUI

I'd say it's decently historical, but hpm might not like some parts of it like the Quebec or New Zealand event chains.

I try to take into account that it's always going to be a player playing France with this mod, so they're already going do non-historical things. With that in mind, I try to make flavor events for things France players tend to already do like reclaiming Quebec, Anschlussing Wallonia, Natural Borders, etc.

I've noticed that the heir of Talabecland still isn't betrothed to anyone so I'll just propose to the princess to marry her to my heir in order to grab these lands later on.

What's the NZ stuff based on?

Not historical, it's all frankwank basically.
It's like commiemod, it's ridiculously biased towards something making it laughably easy and unbalanced.

Do you plan to expand your mod into other countries/make another mod?

I've been away for a while, what's exactly your minimod? It looks pretty interesting. You have a changelog or something to give me a tldr? Or can you just give me a quick one.

This, it's the only unclaimed part of the map that even can be turned into a settler colony.

Well if he had it all cost a decent amount of infamy, namely, what it would cost in vanilla, with some ebin flavour text then what's tp stop him integrating it? Just don't add any "frankiums must be grande" decisions, giving you free cores over all the territory they had in 1812.

French guy who immigrated to New Zealand purchased some land and told people from France to immigrate there (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akaroa#French_settlement) apparently working with a French colony company (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanto-Bordelaise_Company).
It works because the French company only lost their land in New Zealand after the English purchased all of it 1849

Lebensraum I guess

It would still make the game unbalanced as fuck as infamy means shit for GPs.

Paying to send people to colonies etc is overpowered as fuck and it isn't really that historical in the era.

A mod focusing in making a single country OP like that, especially a fucking GP, is hardly going in a mod that tries to keep balance.

I'll create a merchant republic at in order to increase the income for the glorious Empire of Reikland and to fuel the coffers for the future reunification wars.

Electors voting for Maria Theresia without pragmatic sanction and the HRE going poof is a bug, right?

Not to mention that the Argentineans and Chileans were fearful of European intervention and possible colonization in Patagonia, while in HPM there's absolutely no reason for a player led Argentina/Chile to care about that.