/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare game you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon leaks. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
If you don't have a PSP game for Adrenaline access, your only option is to use a PS3 to download from PSN then transfer to the Vita. Demos cannot transfer, only full PSP games and PS minis will work.
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5exjmi/all_3_methods_to_get_unbanned_from_recent_ban_wave/dafy7ll/
gist.github.com/yifanlu/fb88a3f2f4b74f585db5b7e1616cc4b3
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

first for vita sux

3rd party memory cards when?

>tfw to intelligent to DSiware downgrade

The user speaketh truth, buy a cheap flash cart.

Reminder that nintendo knows when you're launching homebrew CIAs
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5exjmi/all_3_methods_to_get_unbanned_from_recent_ban_wave/dafy7ll/

Yes, and Sky3DS can be blocked with 1 line of code.

gist.github.com/yifanlu/fb88a3f2f4b74f585db5b7e1616cc4b3

Is there a reason why my vita crashed when i was on Adrenaline? First time its done that after a number of uses...

I panicked when it refused to turn on until i kept holding the power button while plugging the charge cable

I just noticed this earlier, the installer is weird. But, I hope the new approach is indeed more stable.

who is locust and why should we care what he says?

is he a salt team faggot?

Anyone?

>System is going to be dead in 5 months
>Start the fight against piracy now

How is there not a system that generates the files that we need to get around the ban?
I thought you nerds were smart.

Encryption you faggot

He's not anyone special but everything he's saying could be easily proven. There was another guy who streetpassed some friends of his and it said they were using homebrew apps.

Thoughts?

THIS IS THE SuMo ANCHOR POST

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING SuMo RELATED QUESTION THEN ASK ME AND I'LL GUIDE YOU IN THE ART OF WRESTLING

Daaaaaamn that nigga wide

Pokebank is kinda big deal for people wanting to transfer mons to the switch

Can you remove this a9lh shit once you've done it?

I have backups of my original sysnand

>download the freeshop
>scroll to the right and the list never ends
Feels good man

Reminder that anyone who doesn't already own a DS flashcart is a shit

the idea that they are phoning home though is questionable.

only people who played ONLINE early on Sun/Moon were banned. people who simply had wifi turned on were NOT banned.

Yes, but the fact of the matter is the friend's list and streetpassing show that you're using the apps, meaning they could ban you if they wanted to, they just haven't.

yeah

>reddit
>ban waves
They werent ban waves, they were bans for going online in a game they shouldnt have

Thanks my man

How does this sound, you can have PS4 CFW and pirate any PS4 game you want but there's one condition your down direction D-pad will no longer work no matter what controller you use

It was a bunch of bans at the same time, doesn't matter what for.

random crashes will happen, no software is perfect especially homebrew that's still a work in progress.

Literally was a ban wave though.

Excuse my autism but is there a way to pirate Lego Dimensions?
I know you can get the Wii U version but what about the figures?

Anyone???

Can I do a sysNAND backup on a9lh before I add a NNID and then restore to it if I want to revert back to not having one?

Why would you pirate the figures? That seems like the best thing about Lego Dimensions

For the Steelhax DSiWare downgrade am I supposed to keep booting steeldiver until it boots homebrew? I did the steelhax installer part fine, but this part loses me

>Launch Steel Diver: Sub Wars to test the exploit
>Redo the installation starting with the homebrew launcher
>This can take many tries
>If it is successful, the device will boot into the homebrew launcher
>Once you are in the homebrew launcher successfully, launch steelhax installer

I mean to get the content in game
I don't need overpriced lego figures

haha
like reddit knows ANYTHING about this shit

we keep saying the truth and they keep fucking it up. there were no waves and all this shit happened to people going online before the game was out, which, again what has been proven truth by NINTENDO, was to not go online because they told REVIEWERS who are ACTUAL JOURNALISTS WITH JOBS TO NOT GO THE FUCK ONLINE BEFORE THE GAME HIT RETAIL!

god, how stupid can these assholes be, all they EVER fucking did was take what we say and say that THEY did it. it's like that little brother im glad i don't have anymore because i KNOW this is the same fucking shit he would have done. always spouting what big bro says to his friends but leaving out that his big bro told him.

I need that for Miku

>literally was a wave of bans
>not a ban wave
Also I feel like you didn't actually read that comment at all. Nothing said there is false.

>tfw too intelligent to play 3DS games

Reddit still largely thinks the ban was because the cia file was corrupt or some shit.

In fact, most people on GBATemp are equally retarded. The ban was ONLY for online users, and if they cared about piracy that much, they would have banned ALL cfw users. In fact, if they were "phoning home," they could have discerned most of the pirates from the legitimate users by seeing whether or not FBI or whatever was ever ran before.

would suck if there's ever good 2D platformers but most 3D games would probably be fine

You're installing steelhax a second time but the second time you're changing it to the target 3DS' system version.

Says this literally 3 lines later.

Is this in anyway hackable for Luma CFW? Please let me know, I cant find any information what firmware it ships with.

comes with 11.0

Google

Is the vita crashing to the time setup

Yes! Is 11.0 hackable? Thank you anons so much

Read the Plailect guide.

3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade

They were all for the same thing, a ban wave would have been a different thing

Reddit is best ignored, but man do they ever shut up?

what the fuck. is this for real?

Thank you so much!

>revolver ocelot

SuMo is beautiful and fun, deal with it.
Pokemon SuMo for life

>Nintendo can detect if you're playing pirated CIAs

Meanwhile, Gateway 3DS users playing .3DZ rom with private header are fine.

And for the last 2+ years, this has been true.

They haven't done it yet, they're not about to start.

The real evidence is that if it were so trivial for them to start doing this, it would have been trivial for them to not ban the legitimate users who went online early with their review / store-bought copies.

freeshop is also fine

Why does that yoshi look like it's planning something?

Regardless, I find it irritating that there's no method of blocking the friend list from reporting what you're currently running, wiping the activity log entirely(or even blocking it from recording anything), or deeper examinations of what is and isn't being recorded and possibly sent along to places you don't want it to go.

Alright, 1 week away, Super Mario Maker leak when

The real solution would be to code these system / dev apps as legitimate apps. Code them so they show up as x shitty game, and coordinate with other homebrew devs to make sure nobody overlaps their shitty game choice. There is plenty of shovelware that this would be easily accomplished.

There really hasn't been a reason to do anything like that until now, and I'd argue there's still no reason other than a knee-jerk reaction to having our delusions of invincibility shattered.

Why do you want it? Half the game is online, and 95% of the online is garbage pick a door levels. Just wait. Or get a Wii U and pirate it.

I'm looking for an (original) DS flash cart that can work with an N3DS with Luma3DS/A9LH on it.

I don't give a fuck about emulators or anything. I want a no-frills flash cart that I can put a MicroSD in and play/save DS ROMs.

Which is the best model, and what's the best seller?

so you can play it on the dump obviously what kind of question is that

Shit I was literally about to get a 2ds to hack my 11.2 n3ds within the week. Is there gonna be a new DSi game to use ever?

Do you really feel like playing it early is a safe idea? Also the preload is up isn't it? I saw it somewhere.

r4 is the original, best and cheapest

Legends of Exidia is still up.
When the talk at 33c3 is done, there will certainly be others announced there too.
Supposedly, other games from the same publisher(s) as previously exploitable ones are also vulnerable.

so would i be getting banned if i played a pokemon sun cia online?
it says it is a region free retail dump.
also if i get banned on a emunand would i be able to make a new one or does it ban my system completely?

Which model? Does it drain the battery like some cards? Also, what's the best, fastest online seller/shipper?

Probably not. Play at your own risk, but nobody has been banned yet for having done this.

If you get banned, it would be a console ban.

i'm still using my OG r4 from back in the DS phat heyday. supports a max microsd of 4gigs. drains 0 battery.

i'm sure you can find an original r4 for like 5-10 bucks out there. nds-card.com i think?

youre not getting banned for playing it online unless you went online PRIOR to the official release of sun/moon. i never went online during the leak and went online the day ater the official release and nothing has happened. im literally playing online right now.

Any idea on when the game will be gone?

Why people care about being banned again?

And it supports the N3DS?

whenever nintendo feels like it. earliest would be monday. but any guess is as good as mine.

Pretty much any flashcart will work with the 3ds now, either using slot1 or slot2 loaders. I'm using an og r4 that only takes max 2gb.

Luma has patches to let is work, I believe.
Way back when it was first possible, i installed an app from gbatemp that lets me boot to the card. that's probably changed by now and i don't know what the current method is

Slot? 1 2?

Buying the N3DS for $100. Interested in moving EmuNand from my O3DS to my N3DS if doable (and when 11.0 becomes hackable)?

If not, is the only option backup saves > install everything > import saves?

Thank you for your help.

thanks. by the way, i did do the unlinked nand thing, and none of my purchases i made on my nand are available for download on the eshop on my emunand.
my miis, mii plaza, friends list, and just about everything else was reset.

from everything i can tell, they seem to be completely separate. i can't imagine how a ban on the emunand would translate over to the console itself, similarly to getting a virus on a virtual console.

Best way to get to homebrew launcher (no browser) ?

DSiWare transfer and downgrade.

How easy is it to lie to gamestop about not opening a new system?

get a9lh on your o3ds. follow the guide in OP.

I also have another old 3ds with CFW already installed. Do I still have to go get a physical copy of any games?

depends on what you show

cant load sun from cartridge get the game card was removed error

yes

did the US Black Friday n3ds's come fully sealed? poor bastards.
Canada's had no security seals... no shrinkwrap, no stickers on the box, nothin. just being careful to not over-flex the bends was all it took to hack, get the keys and return.

Already got that set up. Thank you.

Aren't all of the games yanked off eShop, meaning I need to wait for another method?