Would you guys listen to a history student playing historical games while explaining the history behind them...

Would you guys listen to a history student playing historical games while explaining the history behind them, narrating events, explaining historical context, pointing out inaccuracies, etc?

And if so, do you anything along those lines out there?

>do you anything

Do you know anything* of course

Yeah that sounds pretty interesting, depends on what games though. Never heard of anything like it specifically but I wouldn't be surprised if its out there.

No, because the purpose of Paradox games and games like them isn't history but alternate history & autistic micromanagement.
Anyone who thinks these games are actually supposed to reflect history in anything other than initial map setups is lying to himself.

>Would I listen to it
Yes, absolutely
>Does it exist
No clue, best I can think of is Extra Credits being sponsored by game companies and THFE productions doing stuff for Total War

actually that doesnt sound bad at all

If you happen to do anything like that chug a link to your channel here.
Some suggestions maybe:
>choose a nation and talk about its history from its POV, why and what and who
>try to play historically correct
>fun facts that are not in game: Factory history (How Mauser started and all that), All that real boogaroo that went on but Paradox didnt include it Unit 731 etc.
I mean you get the idea, since the game itself has loads of silent spots I would suggest making list of thing that you would want to talk about when playing the game and go point by point.
Also try to be entertaining, swearing is fun I guess, extreme historical roleplaying as well.. thats probably the hardest part of this all

That sounds pretty neat, I wouldn't even be autistic and harangue you for getting things wrong.

I'm not sure. First off you'd have to be charismatic enough to hold my attention, but even then most historical games become alt-history he second the game starts, and you'd probably end up on a tangent that no longer resembles anything that is happening with the game at that moment.

Yes. I've been tempted to do the same thing with CK2

Will you put ads on your youtube channel? If so, no

>realism isn't a meaningful argument
t. wiz

Wouldn't that fall apart after the first couple of time units? I guess you could use the game as contrast and tell what is different from real life, but that seems pretty contrived. It's also pretty difficult, probably impossible, to actually play following history in basically every game that I know of.

After typing out my first paragraph I've noticed you didn't mention playing only grand/strategy games, so I guess it would be fine for some other genres. I don't really know any really historically accurate games though.

What's wrong with putting ads on?

Yes. But cut the video sometimes! Most let's plays of gsg-s are unwatchable because people just who make them just let the camera roll while nothing happens. You should basically record the gameplay and then create the narrative and cut what is unimportant.

So what? He can still talk about how this scenario is diverging from actual history.

there's a french guy who do this kind of stuff he isn't really focused on it but he do it and it's one of the reason why people follow him so that's a good idea

I was thinking of the same thing but explaining cultural phenomenas behind the game concepts, because explaining history on a game that is a personal interpretation of facts its a little bit strange.

Not if they're Paradox games, fuck them.

Would be interesting but I think it would be too messy after a while.

Reminds me if that show the bbc had ages ago. People would get a TW like simulation and a historical battle and accurate number of troops. Then they would try to win. The narrator would explain what happend in history while the players made their moves.

Many of them got utterly crushed.

no Veeky Forumstorian will ever play a game of europa barbarorum 2 while autistically roleplaying as baktria.

Also, eugenics.