I am selling my Volkswagen TDI back here in a few weeks and I need a new DD...

I am selling my Volkswagen TDI back here in a few weeks and I need a new DD. I will be getting around $10k after I pay off my loan to put down on another car. I am mostly looking for a fun, reliable vehicle. I have narrowed it down to the following

>Camaro 2SS
Tons of Power, Enough interior room, shit visibility, questionable reliability

>Honda Civic R (I sat in a hatchback Civic to get an idea of space)
Honda reliability, somewhat cramped, average visibility

>Golf R
Perfect amount of space, good visibility, poor reliability

>Dodge Challenger
Very comfy inside, below average looks, turd heavy, low on HP

Those are ranked in terms of what I like the most from paper, and sitting inside them (I havent test drove any of them besides the Golf R). What does Veeky Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

mazdausa.com/vehicles/mx-5-miata
arb.ca.gov/msprog/vw_info/vw_faq.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So you're going from a ecoshitbox to performance car?

I got the TDI to be a car to last me for the next 15 or 20 years because of the fuel mileage and the dependability of the TDI engine (everything else on it was questionable though) now that that idea has been fucked I figure I may as well buy me a fun car.

>wanting a shitmaro
>wanting a grocery getter
>wanting a VAG
>wanting a fiat

You're a fucking idiot.

Not the challenger. For the money it falls short, very short.

Is the 2SS really worth it over the 2SS?

Keep the vw. they did nothing wrong. enjoy your torks and great mpg.

They are paying me $22000 for a car I bought new for 23000. I have put 40k miles on it. Id be crazy to not sell it back.

so? you still enjoy the car don't you? keep it and get a fun, less practical car if you want something else.

I do, but in the back of my mind the VAG reliability has always worried me. I have already had all of the electronics on my steering wheel die for some mysterious reason (happened at around 38k miles). And it isnt a blown fuse.

Yea but they are fucking up the environment. OP is doing the right thing by getting it off the road.

What level of challenger are you looking at?

392. Can't afford the hellcat

>392 Challenger
>low on HP

The shit pack cars are still 485hp what the fuck are you smoking

How important is MPG for you? And would you rather have a large car with a ton of power or a small nimble car? That should help you choose.

What changed?

VW TDI is kinda like the RAM series with the Cummins engine.

>excellent engine
>shit everything else

>implying that matters when it's pigfat

Cummins is shit in terms of Diesel quality.

Get the SS 1LE. Its only like 2500 more than the 2ss but it is miles better.

The civic and Volkswagen will both feel very slow compared to the others simply because of how low they are on HP and torque.

Honestly I don't think you can afford these with 10k on your hands.

California will never approve the fix. All the cars will banned forever and have to be bought back.

though I don't know how this is going to affect out of state recall cars that move into the state.

>paid 13k for A3 diesel with 68k miles a few years ago. put only a few thousand on it since.
>getting 20k for it from VAG.
>going to get another used car and put the rest towards a model 3.

You do realize banks will loan stupid amounts on vehicles?

>getting a loan on a car

This is not true. They can't force you to get rid of the car. They don't want to punish the owners. They want to punish vw.

you should kill yourself and keep the A3.

You're welcome: mazdausa.com/vehicles/mx-5-miata

Some of us are too tall for a Miata

Challenger or Camaro. Mpg isnt that bad on them to be honest; my friend get 30mpg in his SS and he drives like he's running from the cops.

I wish I was comfy in a Miata, I fit but I'm probably too tall...

California won't let affected VAG cars be registered in the state.

yes they will. california and carb doesn't give a shit about the air or the affected cars. they only want vag's money.

>wanting high test dick in mouth

CARB hasn't approved the fix and as of now you can't register the cars.

All VAG money is going to NOx reduction fund or ZEV fund.

arb.ca.gov/msprog/vw_info/vw_faq.htm

[citation needed] show me where it says you can't register it.

OP here, I'm 6'2 240lb.........I've tried NB miatas and there is no way it'll happen.