Does the desire to drive fast and hoon go away if you own a barge?

Does the desire to drive fast and hoon go away if you own a barge?

When I had my old car I hooned it literally every time I took it out. There was never a 'lets go on a cruise' and I never used it for commuting, it got beat to shit every time I drove it. I wonder if I bought a luxobarge (even a powerful one) this would change.

Does the type of car you own define how you drive it? Or is the desire to own a barge just not in people who want to hoon?

It goes away with maturity

I'm 20, I'm a baby :/

Like he said, it goes away with maturity.

Imo it totally does. Some cars just want to be driven a certain way, you can tell by the throttle and brake response, suspension softness/stiffness, etc.
If you want a cruiser, try an old Caddy, they feel like driving a big, comfy sofa.

Get a sportbike.

Once you've gone 200mph on one every car ever feels slow and then you desire comfy because it will never be a sportbike.

>Hooning
Depends on the situation. Still like to hoon, but as says not every drive is as crazy as it used to be. Part of it I think is maturity, part of it is I've had the car a while and I know what it needs fixed... 28 M speaking.

>Your pic
Holy Body Roll! My E39 needs a new suspension and it doesn't roll that much...

Uh no, no it doesn't unless your testosterone is in the toilet.

The type of vehicle somewhat changes my behavior, but not that much... Obviously something like a Mustang will be more fun to toss around a corner at high speed than a Ranger or a luxo-barge, and thus I do.

Maturity does come into play, but not for the reasons you may think... I became sick of getting ticketed constantly. And more recently the laws here have toughened up on things like "excessive speeding," "stunting," etc. Not that long ago infractions like that would be a ticket. Now they can impound your shit short-term for things like this.

Things change, but I will often push ANY vehicle, at least sometimes, to it's limits, while still being aware of the laws as they now stand here.

wait till you have kids

So,basically, a fear of death because you want to see your kids grow up and don't want them growing up without a dad.

>More fun to drive a slow car fast

I think its this more than anything. When you're young and poor you cab pretty much only afford small and slow cars, so you hoon.

Then you get a decent job with benefits and suddenly you're in a V6 Toyota Avalon but flooring it gets you in trouble with the po-po, so you just cruise.

Some things never get old, like overtaking learner drivers in 30 zones, or going WOT past cyclists.

I would say it goes away with time and miles under your belt. I see plenty of older drivers who drive like maniacs.
They just haven't driven enough yet and haven't had enough crazy shit happen to them yet

yes it does. i drove a subaru justy and literally drove it like a gocart, had to get new tires literally every year etc.

now i drive an old mercedes E class and aprat from once in a while hitting a corner with sqealing tires and drivting when its wet, i drive a lot more reasonable. i mean i drive faster on the autobahn but thats just car specific, the justy used nearly twice the amount of fuel than the Benz at the same speed.

when i drive my mothers mercedes i drive it like im a chauffeur

Yea me too. lolz

Arent Mercedes' amazing you guys?

When you drive a nice car you treat it a bit more carefully because you don't want to damage it.

When you have a shitbox you will thrash it because it's a disposable shitbox.

There's a big difference between driving on the edge of ability and driving fast too.

ITT: Low-test nu-male fags

Aye what a bunch of fags