I want to buy an R33 GTST to daily to and from work

I want to buy an R33 GTST to daily to and from work
issue is I work night shift at a bar
what added security measures can I put on the car to make sure it doesnt get stolen without being literally towed away
I dont mind if that means extra switches I need to use each time I drive the car

Other urls found in this thread:

project-mu.com.au/en/products/other_nut_lock.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I work around 50 hours a week so it's sitting in the carpark quite a lot

it's in a nice area around rich suburbs which helps as it's a target rich environment, but I wouldnt doubt some somali guy choosing the 20 year old skyline over the brand new german cars

I drive 30kms to work 5 days a week and hate driving a boring car

Removable steering wheel

Standard transmission

walking into a fancy bar with a steering wheel will be great :D
and dont worry I'm not buying an auto

How's about not buying a theft bait car as a daily?

ahh skyines all show and no go.

alternatively I was looking at a VZ SS ute

A tricky killswitch that requires you to like...press a switch _and_ turn the heater all the way up, in order to start the car

again
>How's about not buying a theft bait car as a daily

im assuming you live in Spiderstrailia

Do these get stolen a lot there?

Is that the car that you're looking at buying?

>Standard transmission
This isn't America.

Rig a kill switch to your fuel pump.

I think a normal alarm, or just a cig lighter kill switch is enough to stop the average dickhead from taking your car for a joy ride. Pros will get past any security system, or literally just tow your car away so I wouldn't spend too much money on any one system. GPS tracker with a remote immbaliser if you really want to go that far.

To protect your wheels you want a lock nuts. I personally use the project mu lugs which are all 7 sided lugs, so its like all your lugs being lock nuts. project-mu.com.au/en/products/other_nut_lock.php Normal locknuts you can hammer on a smaller socket over the top and use that get them off, not as easy to do on the project mus and you would have to do it 20 times.

Still not 100% on how to keep dickheads from taking your stereo or other nice things that arn't easy to take with you.

Just pull off your center distributor plug and put a fake one on that's not connected to anything.

Can vouch for project mu

I use to work a hospo job as well and never had a problem parking all hours on a quiet street that was fairly well known for car break ins and thefts. Had an R32 GTST, S15 spec R and an Evo 7 saw security footage of a few cunts looking inside but never giving it a try and moving onto an easier target.

All I ever used is a quality alarm/immobilizer with a visible blinking led and a steering wheel lock, I swear by those things. From NZ btw most car thieves here are dumbass kids mind you.

Just make sure you have a decent insurance policy and you wont need to worry about it.

Dont get the ute or the r33

Get a bog stock looking ls1 VX Calais or Exec and put v6 badges on it

I already drive a sedan (all being an avalon) and I want something different

Immobilizer and GPS tracker.

Also, unless you have a spare car the R33 GTST isn't a good daily driver. If anything breaks you will be waiting for parts.

yes, most early 90's/early 00's get stolen like no tomorrow.

This so much this its a terrible daily op don't do it get a v8 dunnydore and stick some wide tyres on it they handle pretty good if you get the ss or Calais with Sports pack

Nothing you can do, if a thief wants your car they will get it, towing and gone in 2 seconds. Adding a gps and immobilizer is worthless, after the car's stolen why would you want it back? thats what insurance is for unless you're a poorfag with basic coverage, its like getting your girl fucked by another man and you get her back.

I would still want my car back after it was stolen. It has several rare and expensive parts on it that I would want to keep for a replacement if it was needed. Would you really discard your much loved long time missus if Jamal raped her? Or would you give her a shower and murder Jamal?

Hidden fuel pump switch. Like under the dash or something. Make sure no one can bump it while driving.

>living in an area where cars get stolen

What the fuck? Why would you do this?

I just looked up the crime rate for my town of 30,000. 5 car thefts last year.
And those ones were probably stupid high school kids being rebellious and taking daddies car, then the parents calling the cops for tough love

Do what I do with my 33: leave it in the fucking garage and buy a $300 Excel to drive to work. Also
>driving an r33 through the suburbs at night
How much time and money do you want to spend clearing defects?

Not everyone can ask daddy for more money to keep us in our nice white collar neighborhoods.

should have thought about what you'll do in your adult life while in high school instead of smoking weed everyday, faggot.

>Americans
Fuck off seppo cunt, unfortunately boongs and ice addicts are fucking everywhere and generally come into good neighborhoods to steal shit.

if its the v6 enjoy the stoplight drag ability.

Veeky Forums isnt lying when we say the r32/r34 gtst/gtr are a very expensive car to own just in upkeep and parts alone.

>R33
>Night shit at a bar
That sounds cosy as fuck
I hope it's a long commute

Give it airbags to prevent it from being towed, add kill switch somewhere that cuts power to the fuel pump relay.

You're a retard. An immobilizer keeps someone from driving away with the car to begin with unless they have your keys.

Acquire one of these

what does it matter they'll just tow it

If they have the equipment to tow it, then he's fucked from the beginning

yeah aussies love LOVE to steal cars especially GTST's and GTR's as they are starting to get rare here and fetch a pretty price in parts alone

Ausfag here.
Anyone got some tips for buying an r33 gtst? Common problems, owners, prices and that sort of thing? Been looking at getting a rwd turbo for quite some time.

>Gearbox for the manual 5sp get raped and made of glass
>"Custom Mods"
>over priced
>insurance will fuck you over
apart from then

Are PPG gearboxes actually any good? It sounds like they're nice because you can safely shift up without the clutch unlike synchronized transmissions.

So Immobilizer/Alarm, steering lock, hidden fuel pump kill switch , gps tracker. Remove the headunit faceplate when parking, theft insurance policy, wheel lock nuts, heck even pull a fuse if you're that spooked. Gl

You definitely have no idea what you're talking about. The RB25 gearboxes are built for insane power outright

>without being literally towed away

kek, sitting on cinder blocks 5 ever. Own a garage nigger

Pay for a garage space.

I leant a few things around locksmiths, if you wanted to keep the inside of your car safe, remove the rod, connecting the handle to the lock, and install keyless entry (if it already doesnt have it. not sure if you'd get a canary for no manual door entry from the outside, inside should still work. if someone breaks your window to get in, i guess all you can do is have a battery kill switch with a removable tube key, so they couldn't attack it with picks or screwdrivers.

Put a snap-off boss kit on and just take your steering wheel into the bar with you, leave it in a bag with your coat.