ITT: cars that are cheap to buy but expensive to own

>ITT: cars that are cheap to buy but expensive to own

Engine and Transmission are easy enough to fix and work on....

But if you ever need a NEW rear end be ready for the DRIFT tax!!!

>FC
>Expensive to own
Try again.

>Less than 2 grand for a German former flagship luxury barge with all wheel drive and a 4.2 liter V8? Fucking score!

Bad gas mileage, engine rebuilds at not quite "frequent" but more frequent than a standard piston engine, premixing oil. It's not exactly "expensive" but more expensive than most I'd argue.

Z32s are expensive as fuck if you don't do your own work

This is proving to be more expensive than intended

Dude rear ends are always expensive, you can get a disc to disc GTS rear end for like $350 CAD, what are you bitching about lol? For my Tacoma, a new rear end is like $450 ish

Most sports cars get poor mpg.
My FC got 25 freeway. Averaged 19-20.
Rebuilds ever 200k miles is fine. Or turbo at 150k miles.
Would take over a decade or two to accomplish that.

Second post almost best post, how much did you get her for?

>Bad gas mileage
Similar to its competitors. FC turbo gets better mileage than A70 turbo.
>engine rebuilds at not quite "frequent" but more frequent than a standard piston engine
Not unless you have your "" Honda mechanic "" friend tune it and blow it up. 200,000+ miles isn't unreasonable from an FC.
>premixing oil
It's less than a dollar per tank of gas. Who gives a shit?
>It's not exactly "expensive" but more expensive than most I'd argue.
You're free to argue that all you want, but it won't change the fact that you're wrong.

Forgot my image again.

>Buttmad triangle boys sad that mazda killed off their rotato-potato retardation

>Is proven wrong
>Instantly resorts to dank memes
Yup, I'm on Veeky Forums.

I own one and it's only really expensive if you don't keep up with regular maintenance.

If you think in terms of opportunity cost then the extra effort that goes into maintaining a rotary makes it definitely more expensive than other similar cars. There's a reason rotaries have such notoriety for being expensive cars to own, and most rotary owners I know admit that you need at least as much money as the value of the car itself to keep it running.

ALL cars are expensive to own if you let someone else turn your wrenches.

>maintaining a rotary
You mean doing the same things you do with any other car?
I bought one as my first car at 16 years old. DD'd it for 7 years on minimum wage. Wasnt expensive

>caring about gas mileage.

Enlighten me, what extra maintenance should I be doing to my 180,000 mile rotary engine that I daily drive? It's never been rebuilt and I don't premix.

Yeah because spending 20-30 seconds every other fill up is so time consuming. People who actually think the maintenance and the cost of upkeep for an FC is high are just retards who put no research into the car and would've destroyed a piston engine just the same anyway.

A rotary is as reliable as you are. If you know how to take care of and take care of it. The cost of maintenance should be minimal. Now gas mileage could be an actual argument for cost but then you wouldn't buy a sports car in the first place

>Mfw thicc Celica Supra rear end.

VW Phaeton w12
Old Bentleys/ Rolls Royces

i know it from personal experience

the b5 is even cheaper, and even more expensive to maintain.

Yeah, that's pretty much every German car, except for the ones that are both expensive to buy and maintain.

my popop had one of these.
It literally broke down ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Brand new too and he took care of it

Not a car, but literally any motorcycle

Even a bulletproof motorcycle with shaft drive, a dry clutch or separate clutch system, and gear driven cams that you do your own valve checks on will slowly eat at you in tire costs

>turbo fc
>cheap to own
good one

Shit nigguh that's yours? Looks great tbqh. Do you have the super live sound system? Is it the 2.0 tarbo?

All cars can be cheap to own if you swap an LS into them.

What