According to Christianity, there's no way to God but through Jesus, and you only have this life to accept him...

According to Christianity, there's no way to God but through Jesus, and you only have this life to accept him, otherwise it's hell or you're perished.

This is probably the most unfair thing, ever. There are cut off tribes today, that
have never heard of Jesus, are they all going to hell, how is that even their thought? When Jesus died and risen and went to heaven, do all of the other countries that lived apart from the Jesus moment are doomed to hell? Isn't the Bible produced a couple 100 years after Jesus's death, so no one had a copy, so it was just word to mouth in a specific circle and if you're not connected, you were doomed to hell? It's pretty stupid desu, I've debated this before with a muslim, and he said allah will test the person, if he died and didn't hear about the word of Islam, which seems pretty fair, but in Christianity, is there a way out of it? Or you're just fucked if you were born in the wrong place/cut off?

*their fault.

None of its true so who cares?

*tips fedora*

I heard Orthodox and Catholics say its possible. Purgatory and what not.

Protties say they all go straight to hell.

Catholics believed in virtuous pagans.
i.e they'd go to heaven too.

In 16th Century China, for example, Jesuits argued that Confucius preached what he preached because of the universality of what was good, and ergo Chinks would not violate Confucianism if they converted to Catholicism.

Though doesn't it say in the Bible, it's not by good works, by only by grace and faith in God of the Bible/ or Jesus, you'll be saved? All Christians tell me only true faith and acceptance of Jesus is the way out. Though the Bible is full of unfairness, Jesus originally came for the Jews, right?

In Hinduism/Buddhism according to some sects, it doesn't matter what you believe in, if you're a shitty person, you're destined to a shitty realm/or rebirth, which seems pretty fair to me.

Why would someone be put through unimaginable pain for eternity just for not knowing about Jesus? It's truly a sign of a complete cult.

the fact of the mater is that no one knows whose name is written in the book of life but what we do believe is that god is just and righteous so we trust that whatever it is that happens to those utterly ignorant of Christ it is good and just.

Seems to me that humans have more control of who goes to heaven and hell than God does, if there were never wars to force this down people's nations, then the majority of the world would be fucked according to today's Christians. If it wasn't for sexual desire, there'd be a limited number of souls in heaven, hopefully we don't overpopulate even more here, since the after realms will just be even more crowded.

Which leads to the abortion paradox.

If God sends aborted babies to heaven, then we should abort all babies, because if they grow up there is a chance they will not be saved and go to hell.

Otherwise, if God sends all aborted babies to hell, then he is an asshole.

we have a lot of control over whether we allow god to save us it is true

life is the journey not the destination

But by aborting babies, we can control the flow of souls that go into heaven, no? Unless God turns around and starts sending them to hell, will just prove how uncertain he is.

murder is sin

Except when it isn't

All it says is God acts first so accept it and live in imitation of him

"Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. " Martin Luther

I'm pretty sure he is saying we can sin for the greater good there.

I mean really, if heaven is all that matters and you were personally responsible for letting people go to hell. Why didn't you send them to heaven?

holy scripture > martin luther

Sorry I mistaked you for a protty.

But still. How can you justify letting millions of people go to hell when you had the power to stop it.

Holy scripture refutes sola Fide with ease

Yes, but the babies get to go to heaven. Also just think how fucked this is: a person who has been a child rapist all of his life, before he's about to die, he confesses his sin's and accepts Jesus, since Jesus turns no one away, he'll get his ticket to heaven. While a tribesman, who has no clue about abrahamism or any worldly doctrine, may have done a few minor sins but was good to his community is immediately sent to hell after judgement since he didn't get his Jesus insurance to save him from his sins, that's pretty unfair to me. But seeing how God knows all, and he basically let the world fall into sin(yes he must of foreseen it) but never took any action to do anything about it, is an unfair God for sure, we probably have to accept that if Christianity is the true religion.

Faith that is not tempered is no true faith

>bruh sola scriptura
>except in this case

they choose hell

That's only if you're a retarded proddie.

And church doctrine is that if they've never heard of jesus christ, but they lived a good life and their good acts outweighed their sins, they can go to purgatory

We don't know what their fate is, and saying one does is presumptuous. Christ deals with them in his own way on his own time.

Ten differences between Orthodox and Catholicism.

1. Orthodox reject inheritability of sin. Death and suffering are human nature, we only don't suffer them when partaking in perfect synergism with God's energies, which we haven't since the fall.

2. The Orthodox reject the "satisfaction theory of atonement". The Orthodox subscribe to "Christus Victor" (the idea of atonement illustrated in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).

3. Hell in Orthodoxy is not separation from God. Hell, like heaven, is experiencing the full radiance of God's light and presence, but with a negative relationship so that it is like fire.

4. The Orthodox reject the idea that our understanding of dogma develops. The idea is to keep the exact same understanding the Apostles have, invented terminology is not meant to develop the understanding, but to PROTECT it from being "developed".

5. Catholics define usury as excessive interest, Orthodox define usury as any interest.

6. The Orthodox reject the Catholic idea of supererogation.

7. The Orthodox reject Purgatory. The Orthodox do, however, distinguish Sheol (called "Hades" in Greek) from Gehenna.

8. Orthodoxy places enormous emphasis on fasting, in fact more than half the days of the year involve some sort of fast. And there are even some days which are total fasts, no intake, period. Two consistent fast days (almost every Wednesday and Friday, no meat, dairy, eggs, fish, oils or wine) trace back at least to the Didache.

9. Orthodox draw most of their priests from the married laity, but most of their bishops from monks.

10. Infants can and do receive Holy Communion.

But the child rapist is saved though? Even though the traumatized kids that probably end up drug addicts do no "good" acts and maybe steal for drug money or die from overdose has their basic sins overweighing their good acts is sent to hell? I'm just bringing up this scenario because it may have happened and if the Bible's God is real then it just shows how unjust all of this is.

Again, if you're a proddie.

Catholics and orthodox agree that both faith and good works are required- therefore the child rapist, unless his good deeds outweigh his bad ones, is going to hell
>Even though the traumatized kids that probably end up drug addicts do no "good" acts and maybe steal for drug money or die from overdose has their basic sins overweighing their good acts is sent to hell
All men have a choice. There are many traumatized kids that didn't go down that road

is this a constie pasta?

Don't know if the kid is saved or not, the Orthodox don't claim to know (the guy responded to you is Catholic).

The rapist is saved if he repented of his sins, which in this case are extremely serious.

Though do Catholics disagree with what the Bible says?

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

so it isn't by works, and how you attain God's grace is:

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

so according to these two verses, the pedo is saved. unless the bible is wrong, that is, or if Catholicism is the true religion then that makes those verses wrong somehow or misinterpreted. truly though, if God was fair, why would he put such riddles which he'd know would cause split ups of groups even in his own message? If that's the case that just proves he's unjust.

>There exists somewhere a magical book of life that a magical bearded man writes name into.

You dumb dipshit the Bible makes clear you need to live in accordance to faith too. All the whole saved by Grace stuff does is to make clear God acted first and makes salvation possible. That's it.

Dumb prot

But it doesn't matter what of the sin, Jesus forgives, if confessed and if the pedo were to die the next day, without having a chance to perform the good deeds, he'd still get sent to heaven after the day of judgement, according to the bible, which is completely unjust. If this is wrong to you, then the Bible is clearly wrong.

Sorry to burst your bubble friend

Of course, I'm not denying about good works, as it is said somewhere, one who falls back on sin, is like a dog that eats his own puke, but according to the verses theres a moment where God will forgive you of everything, then you lay down the foundation, but if he were to die the next day without a chance, then he'd get sent to heaven, as his sin slate has been cleared, no?

If you truly felt remorse for your actions, and truly wanted to do good but you were struck down.

If you're only repenting because you're afraid of going to hell, sorry bud, you aren't fooling the creator of all

But the pedo is truly remorsed, and did accordance of the bible for liberation and has had his sins forgiven and without a chance to do good works, dies, is sent to heaven according the Bible, but the kids who have no faith, whose petty sins(stealing for money, lets say, not hurting anyone truly unlike the pedo who has been forgiven) outweigh that of their gooddeeds, are put to hell after the day of judgement or perished. that isn't unjust to you?

if this was buddhism/hinduism, it doesnt matter if the pedo begged god, he'll still suffer the amount of suffering he inflicted on others, while the kids would payup for their sins by bad karma, but won't be roasted alive in hell for eternity over something stupid.

All men choose; there are many traumatized children that overcame their trauma and didn't let it define who they are, and certainly don't use it as an excuse for bad deeds

not putting hinduism/buddhism in the light here, but even in islam, the pedo would be sent straight to the hellfire if he converted to islam, even muhammed did not know for sure if he was going to hell or heaven, which truly makes those religions more just than the religion of the bible.

*dying pedo

Amen brother

the world is wrong. that's what original sin means. either existing here without doing wrong is too difficult for everyone or you have to be wrong to exist in the first place. jesus didn't show up to set us right but to forgive us.

you need to understand god's law isn't the same deal as morals and other dumb mortal rules that are basically opinions: doubtable and need to be specifically enforced. the word of god is more correct and immutable than the fundamentals of the universe. if he says you're wrong then making the whole galaxy stand on its head won't change that.

in light of this the question isn't "why only some of us" but "why any of us" to which the only answer I have is "I dunno".

>I've debated this before with a muslim, and he said allah will test the person, if he died and didn't hear about the word of Islam,
people make up stupid shit to defend beliefs they've been made to accept but not to understand. he probably just wants to believe in some silly deity with a bird head that went out of style millennia ago.

After death comes judgement - there is no second chance.

Purgatory contradicts the Gospel of Christ.

Christ paid the penalty for our sins.

The more one reads about it, the more one realizes how fucking dumb Christianity is to be honest.

READ. THE. BOOK.

St. Paul tells us that while some have not been shown the total revelation in the Gospels, God has revealed himself to all people as a moral conscience. This is natural law and those who have no exposure to Christ will be judged by it.

Then why bother with the Gospels

To reach the fullness of faith and life.

That doesn't mean we're totally exempt from them.

listen dummy, the return of christ when all those end of world scenarios like judgment occur is when christianity is spread to the corners of the earth. did you not read literally the first book in the new testament before talking about the new testament?

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains." John 9:41

What do Christfags have to say about Ricky Gervais' thing about not believing in 4199 gods vs not believing in 4200 gods or whatever

I want there to be some counter argument but I can't think of one

Except Divine Command theory is pretty neatly torpedoed in the Bible itself. Go look up Exodus 32:9-14. God clearly changes his mind due to Moses's argument.

are you trying to suggest god wouldn't be omnipotent enough to change his mind

You can go the inclusitory route and say that all good gods are aspects of god and all bad ones are daemons in disguise

>everybody can make his own choices, life is purely free will
When Will this même die?

I'm suggesting that the word of god can't be all that immutable, nor an objectively good system of determining morality, since god does apparently change his mind, and at the urging of a creation, no less.

true morality comes from god's word which is immutable to all but god. but it is mutable to god.

There is a categorical difference between "small-g" gods (contingent beings with superpowers who are born and die) and "big-G" God (the transcendent ground for existence, unmoved mover, being itself, pure act, etc.). The fact the word "god" is used for both is a coincidence, as they refer to totally different things. Small-g gods like Apollo, Loki, and Shiva are closer to things like angels in Christianity because they are contingent on something else (big-G God) for existence. So while a Christian (or a Muslim or a Jew) rejects the small-g gods of other religions, he doesn't reject that other religions might have some grasp of big-G God, albeit not a full grasp.

See the "Being" section of DB Hart's book "The Experience of God" for a much better explanation of this.