Are you new? Have a read:
→ → →

webms with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/
→ →

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/raimondi1337/DRZ400ModList
gearchic.com/gear-101/boots/
eastbaymotorsports.com/Motorcycles-Honda-NC700X-2012-bf9a3e4e-bef0-433f-854d-a6a6013ae1bf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hi guys!

Posting new helmet, cuz why not

>also
What up CC. How's Sunday on your end my dude

>tfw kkk's sister will never have her lips wrapped around your cock

bikefags, I have a couple questions
How do you carry pizza?
How do you carry takeout?

What up dbt* damn I can't spell for fuck.

Stay in school kids

Yeah man, I ran into the same dilemma when considering buying one. In terms of performance, they are no different from a GSXR 1000. Really the only advantage is the Busa might have 10mph~ more top end and will feel more stable. It's probably more comfortable. You also don't have the bragging rights of most powerful production motorcycle engine as Kawasaki has seized that with the inception of the ZX14 engine.

With that said, it's still a very iconic and historic motorcycle and I would definitely pick one up if I found one for a good price. It's a Hayabusa for fucks sake, you can't go wrong. It'll do about 150-160 to the wheel stock with close to 100 ft/lb of torque so it's still ridiculously fast, but yes, most liter bikes today, especially with the amount of development that has gone into making the liter bike engine as efficient and powerful as possible, are very comparable in speed to the busa.

I'm sad.

I lost control over my life.

you get pizza delivered and put takeout in a backpack. if you're really dedicated you can try bungee cording the pizza to the back of the bike but it's gonna be cold by the time you get home

>How do you carry pizza?
Top case
>How do you carry takeout?
I let them bring it to me

>signed helmet

Who says that?

Anyway. Got it for a great price and ima break this bitch in tomorrow

Almost crashed on friday.

Idiot on a z4 suddenly decides to cross an intersection and got into ny lane coming from my right. Tried to avoid him going left and the fucktard corrected trajectory to go onto next lane.

Suddenly braking while angled, front wheel locks, countersteer, rear wheel locks, stabilize with left foot, pass him by the right.

Ducati monsters are posh wannabe bikes, but handling is flawless.

Pic related my exhausts.

Hi

Jelly-ish

I don't know that feel bro ;)

You still have the old wing right duder?

Yep

One of you fucks should come buy it.

how much? pics?

The best pizzeria in town is 20 meters away from my home :^)

For /dbt/, $800

too old

You look so uncomfortable

Too thicc 4me.

Yes and?

>literally call it the Oldwing
duh?

It's a 1978 GL1000. It's in pretty good shape except the front brakes I just rebuilt need to be put back on and bled, needs new cables and needs the carbs tuned.

That's not be, but it's actually decently comfy since I put the drag bars on it. I have the original handlebars and a whole bin of spare parts for it.

Yeah I think it's the prestige-from-the-past thing what gets me and that I was always a fan of Ghostrider and his turbobusa. Specs wise its nothing special compared to todays bike.

If my mind is the same in a year (or until I have worked up the money) I will definitely pick one up. Hopefully before the Nuda 900/S1000RR fever kicks in again

Hmmm...I am a sucker for a comfy bike.

Does /dbt/ have any thoughts on the Kymco K-Pipe? It looks like a reasonably fun city bike.

yeah well i was figuring it would be a mid to late 80s or something. not couchlike enough

Ayyyyy
Come va la moto?

Saving up for my first baiku.
Everyone and their mother is screaming at me to get a 300cc. 250cc may be substantially cheaper, is it worth it or will I feel like I need more power by the end of my first day?

What about 400cc? Will I feel like I'm going to die?

Okay, thanks for the answers, bikefags.

Black or white motorcycle boots?

I got a Ninja 250 yesterday for $1100. It's my 6th bike, good condition but needs a wash and a new clutch cable. I'm enjoying it greatly.

Don't waste your money on a 300 imo.

WHITE

>What about 400cc?
400's like a Bandit 400 or a DRZ400 are great. Get a 650 even. Just don't get a 4 cylinder 600.

Black and white. Because it's best color combo

Alright guys, time for an update on that sketchy Craigslist GSXR I bought. I cleaned off the chain and noticed that a lot of the links are binding together. They don't appear to be moving very freely so the links aren't perfectly even when the chain is moving across the sprockets. I lubed it up good and gonna let it saturate over night but does anyone know if this is something that can be fixed or are the seals pretty much guaranteed fucked and I should replace it?

The chain looks brand new once I cleaned it up but these Gold DID chains tend to clean up well so it can be deceiving.

I'm a huge sucker for racing stripes, the red pin stripe really sets it off. Good job.

Did you do any mods to the drz when you had it? Top speed?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If Its just a bike to learn on and beat up then what's the point in dropping 4k on a used ninja 300?

As much as I want the 50cc I dont see an exta 2.5k justified by it.

50cc is not a very big difference in engine displacement, its not worth it IMO.

You'll get a few more mph at the top end, who cares.

Non va, finche non cambio gli pneumatici. Domani dovrei portarla dal meccanico.

Azz devo ancora prendere pantaloni e stivali.

Vederla li ferma mi fa impazzire, devo assolutamente farmi qualche giro prima di posteggiarla per l'inverno.

Thanks man. It matches my bike and gear pretty good. I feel pretty good about it.
And for 540 I'm ok with it

tfw your rear tire blows out

I knew I should've bitched at the dealer's when I bought the bike, the tires looked shitty and it turns out they're 6 years old

its a decent underground bike. not very well known but kymco is more than decent.

don't expect highway speeds tho.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go with a 250 then.

The 300's are also FI, but it's still not worth it.

>mods
github.com/raimondi1337/DRZ400ModList

When I had a 39T rear sprocket on it I was comfortable cruising at 70, top speed was about 97mph GPS.

Oh damn, cool list man, thanks!

Just get a Ninja 250. There is no point getting hung on something as trivial as 50cc. Beginners get sucked into this maze of comparing the ninja 250, ninja 300, R3, RC390, and all these various meme bikes that are completely annihilated by some shitty $1200 stunt F4i you can find on craigslist.

Buy a quality used bike instead of new so you can afford much more value for the same money and not feel as bad when you drop it or whatever, and unless it's going to be a dedicated commuter queen get something a little bigger so you don't "grow out of it" right away and regret the purchase. I'd look at 500-800cc, avoiding the 600cc tier of supersports.

Kek. Tough luck, I rode 200km back home with 14 yo tires but I was retarded.

you added so much fucking weight to that thing its disgusting, and hardly any performance mods.

Yeah I was getting completely sucked into the whole r3 vs ninja 300 vs CBR
300r vs whatever and it's good to know I don't need to drop 4k on something I'm likely going to beat up just because some motovlogger shill told me to.

Wait I thought more piston displacement = more power? You're telling me a 800cc is easier for a beginner than a 600cc?

Forgive the question if it's dumb, I was never super into automobiles/bikes.

>Seat Concepts Lo Seat
FUCKING MANLET HAHAHA

Hey, any Ausfags around at this hour? In desperate need of advice.

I'm hovering over the button to book my L's test for this week, but I'm worried about the knowledge based testing component of it (if you fail, no practical component).
>I've already got my cage L's, I passed the test for that okay.

I just really can't afford to pay for another $400 course to retry for my L's.

yes and no. A ninja 250 can go ~120 mph. A Harley with a 1200 CC can go ~100.

It all depends on the bike, but when it comes to sporty bikes the bigger the CC the harder they are to ride.

>$500 helmet
>$500 jacket
>$500 pant
>$400 boots
>$200 gloves
>dont forget insurance

now how much do you have left for a bike? Dont waste your money on Ichina-con gear.

how to you queers ride crotch rockets?

They are so uncomfortable

I think I'll probably just shoot for the cheapest (while obviously being smart about buying used) 250/300cc bike I can get them from the big 3 japanese manufacturers.

Thanks guys.

>helmet
>500
>those prices
Nigga wut.

>>$500 helmet
why the fuck does he need a Shoei/Arai helmet as his first
>>$500 jacket
>>$500 pants
>>$400 boots
>>$200 gloves
what the fuck he's not Rossi he doesn't need to spend nearly that much

Sti cazzi, fa già freschino qui immagino a bolzano.

Se stai cercando ancora qualcosa di usato d'inverno puoi fare un bell'affare.
Su ebay puoi anche trovare la linea dell'anno scorso quasi a metà prezzo nuova.

don't respond to shitposters

I mean, I was probably going to splurge on the helmet anyways, but other than that I've got 700-1k set aside for gear.

I'm an EMSfag so I've seen too much not to spend on a helmet.

The big diff between a 'busa and the GSXR1K is the Busa's massive torque and broad powerband, gives you a god-like feeling. Also has aerodynamics and stability that makes 200MPH seem like a sensible speed.

What does dbt think of replica helmets?

Ok I'll ask, what's the worst you've seen?

Well, tried for another shot at the Davis mountains. No flats this time, did about ~250mi from Pecos to Kent to Ft. Davis and some of the ranch roads. Explored Kent too, ghost towns are spooky.

Only issue I had is that my counter sprocket cover is lost. The bolts vibrated loose and it popped off somewhere. Going to order new bolts and cover.

Any issues running the bike without the cover?

>why the fuck does he need a Shoei/Arai helmet as his first

because if he buys a shitty icon/hjc he'll up grade a year later to a shoie/arai.

im using Alpinestars for pricing. Obviously you dont own any gear so you wouldnt know

Adesso vedrò. Che marca di stivali consigli per chi è magro?
Comunque ho due giacche abbastanza pesanti.

Pensavo di farmi dei giri brevi in pianura, magari verso il veneto, o attorno a Bolzano.

>needs the carbs tuned
Whatever the hell that means.

I bought a used textile Dainese jacket for €70.

>why the fuck does he need a Shoei/Arai helmet as his first
the crash doesn't give a shit if it's your first bike or not, retard. when you're new it's the BEST time to buy expensive gear becuse you're more likely to be getting use out of it. think about what you're saying

Who do I talk to about getting marked on the map?

Guy missing all of the skin from his knee to his foot, think road rash but much more severe where the skin peels down to the muscle - an avulsion. Could see to the muscle and Its likely he lost a substantial amount on his slide. Will never walk on that leg as strong as his other for the rest of his life.

I've seen worse for just unrelated stuff, but that's the only bad motorcycle thing I've seen.

Either way, gear isn't something I'm cutting corners on.

>approved for loan

Newbike soon lads

wow look its right there

>not paying up front
senpai

I'm 18, 19 in late July and from the UK. I have my cbt booked for 21st of November, so I figured I could do that, buy an A1 bike like a YBR125 to learn on, whilst also taking motorcycle lessons to get better, and then when I turn 19 immediately do my A2 exam (without bothering to do the A1 exam) so I can sell the YBR and buy an A2 bike like the GS500. Would that be financially feasible? I am considering simply waiting until I turn 19 and not bothering with all that, but it would be good to have the transport available now and also give me some time to learn the ropes on a slowbike before moving onto something bigger. What's the resell value like on a YBR125?

>I have my cock and ball torture booked.

Why?

So che gli stivali dainese sono buoni se sei uno stecco,
però non mi fanno impazzire in termini di protezioni.

Prova a leggere qui
gearchic.com/gear-101/boots/

Poi tcx/sidi e altri sono li dalle tue parti quindi puoi anche trovare uno store per provarli.

Examine the O-ring on the tight links. If they are missing / damaged, the chain needs to be replaced.

Other than that, measure for stretch in several places. See infographic related.

Would a Honda NC700 be a decent starter bike?

I love the way dualsports look and eventually i would like to commute to work on a bike.

eastbaymotorsports.com/Motorcycles-Honda-NC700X-2012-bf9a3e4e-bef0-433f-854d-a6a6013ae1bf

Im not in a rush to buy btw

eww

it is not a dualsport. neither is the cb500x

I have a physical job which requires having a strong back rather than sitting in front of a computer all day eating cheetoes and drinking Mountain Dew.

Okay.

Is it still a good bike?

Grazie.

for a commuter, it's fine. having never ridden it, i personally dislike it because people report its pretty gutless and bland. but for commuting, should be ok.

To me it's a very interesting bike
In manual form it has been described as a "diesel bike"
Lots of instant torque, but low redline
In auto form is basically a scooter
I'd buy one just to tinker with the fancy tranny, but given the torquey twin and spacious frunk i'd say it's an excellent commuter
Just swap in a -3 sprocket if you take it on a long journey

Oh okay.
Well i dont want anything too powerful right off the bat.
Any other bikes you can suggest that have a "sit upright" position like this bike?

I was looking at Honda Nighthawks too

Not him but I got a loan from da bank for my new baikfu, not everyone can have that money all at once familia.

CBR500F/X

f800gs / f800r
fz6r
vstrom 650
versys 650

These are all good second bikes and much more highway oriented than the NC

More displacement = more torque.
A VFR800 with 772cc will have a much smooth power band than a CBR600RR. The RR will be twitchy and requires a delicate touch when in the powerband in lean but if you stay under 7-8000rpm it is pretty tame actually while the VFR is always tame because it is designed to be a gentle commuter unless you light a fire under it's ass.

Actually less cylinders -> more torks
Also V >>>>> Inline