/SEO/ General - I want to make a news site/blog

I already made one, haven't bought a domain yet tho.

How do I go about optimizing my news site/blog? I want to compete out there with all the other news sites. The difference is gonna be that I'm gonna be writing my own content.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to rip me a new one and criticize it so I can learn. I only really started it today.

realpolitiknewscom.wordpress.com/

I want to also make money from it. Are there any ways of doing that which are leaning more towards white-hat marketing/SEO? On a side note, I have a google adsense account. I don't know how to put up my account with wordpress, I have a feeling that I'll have to go premium.

IS EVERYBODY GONE CRAZAAAAAY!?!?!!?

Don't buy a premium Wordpress.com blog dumbass. Buy a domain and hosting plan and install Wordpress on it, much more flexibility and control, not to mention cheaper.

Also if the main aim of this blog is to make money, then stop. Blogs don't make anywhere near decent money for the work involved.

Learn about business, learn how to actually market a product and you'll do fine. Don't get ducked into the 'Make money online, working from home" bullshit

blogs don't make (much) money anymore for most people, if you're consistent for 3-5 years straight, then maybe. ask any blogger. it takes a long long time.
don't go for premium wp. buy a domain ~$12/year). buy hosting (~$100/year). install wp on it (free). someone can probably do all that for you for $5.

Alright thanks for the reply. It seems like you're more of a realist than I am, although I probably don't know shit about all of this in comparison.

How do you figure that I can't make money from operating a blog? I just want to come close to the other sites out there and where they're at in terms of traffic/relevancy etc. I think that if I get the traffic, than I can get the number$.

And yes, I want to learn how to market my product (blog). I just started it today, but I have a strong command of the art of writing. I think that's a marketable quality.

What else can I do?

My goal is to somehow make $120/day by 3 months. Is that a feasible goal for someone like me with the niche that I have?

Thanks for the website set-up advice. I'll look into doing that in the near future

Probably not.
Forget about $120/day with a political news blog until you're a few years into it.
$120 a month, maybe. But that's going to take more than 3 months of work.
But who knows you might be some sort of traffic magician.
While on the topic, one news niche I've seen usually do well is local news targeting a specific city/region.
Blogs in general take years to get good and build authority, especially if the revenue is primarily adsense.

>What else can I do?
if you're good at writing you can write articles for people. there's always a big demand for that. basically people who have big blogs need quality native-english speakers to write quality content for them.

Most blogs don't make much money, that's correct.

But the goal is to get a lot of viewers on your blog so they click the ads and you make more money.

So I think the best solution is creating a blog with lots of click-baity topics or something that will attract a lot of attention. And to somehow make sure your blog site gets on page one of any Google search related to your blog. Not sure how to do that.

Any suggestions?

I don't plan on having just adsense be the revenue stream. What I plan on doing is something along the lines of what this user is refering to I want to expand my reach and extent my talent for writing to other bloggers/news sites/analyzers etc. I obviously have currently no idea how I will go about doing that. Hell I might even just shoot them a message and ask if I can write an article for them for free- and all they have to do in exchange is link my news blog on their website.

I've never done something like this really. I've always thought this whole endeavor through my head and figured that I can definitely do something like this and be staggeringly successful in a relative sort of way. But the only thing I have to do is to act.

*extend

I'm having a couple tonight so sorry for any mistakes

Dream on. When you start your website, you'll see the analytics screen stuck on 0. When you can get a few links in, in the hope they won't get deleted as spam. You'll get 0.53$. When you're not picked up by google (which won't happen the first year) your earnings are 0.

After 2 - 3 years the visitors start finding your site more frequently. And then you must hope you can get enough out of it.

u wot?

I already have a website. Granted I don't have a domain name yet, but that's within grasp as soon as I get comfortable enough.

I checked my stats today, and I have close to 100 views with 28 unique visitors. I don't think my own views count towards that tally- but hell it's something for my 1st day. And yes, it's definitely because I posted the link to my blog on here. But before I did that, I checked my stats and I had views coming from uncharted locations in Ireland. My bet is that's because i incorporated tags into my content.

How would I get deleted as spam? I don't/won't copy anything.

I already have a google adsense account. It's only a matter of me implementing the plugin when I have my own domain.

I have a blog, a genuine blog that I dabbled in for a number of months in the past. I didn't put in really any effort into it in terms of traffic generation etc. And it has over 13K views. I know that ain't shit over the span of 5 years, but that's just from me having keywords and tags in the content and nothing else. Now imagine if I actually follow through and generate traffic through SEOs and traffic campaigns? These are the sorts of people I want to talk to.

Analytics does count your own views. I have a website (it's crap, just 2 adsense banners, 1 page) which ranks first for my keyword on google. Have 2000 visitors/day. And that's about 3€ adsense a day. I have another source of income, so i'm at 400$/month. It's SAAS though, so can't compare adsense with a blog though.

You need to see what the source of your traffic is. If it's genuine, or russian spam.

The source of my traffic? On which blog, the one that I just made, or the one that I've had for 5 years?

On the one I've had for 5 years, it's essentially 95% genuine when I check the analytics. I consider it more or less an educational blog. the other 5% is "find-fuck-buddy.com" sort of spam. But again, that accounts for nothing.

For my current blog, 80/100 views came from here. The other 20 are between my friends and actual randoms.

What's SAAS exactly? What sort of website do you have that ranks it 1st for your keywords? 2000 visitors/day or 2000 views/day? Either way that's breddy good X--D

you've been a webmaster for 5 years but you're asking biz for seo advice?? lmao

I seo gud

No you dip

I've posted my academic essays and research papers on a blogspot account through the span of 5 years just to build my academic portfolio. I didn't pursue to get it noticed, and I didn't invest anything into it.

SAAS is Software as Service. Just a one page site with a tool on. Which runs without having to put work in it.

95% genuine, but what's the source? Social media? Search engines? How are you planning to 'promote' your blog when it's finished?

My adsense stats say: 2.309.958 pageviews in total. (1 page, 2 banners) -> 9778 clicks. -> 2878 €.

I guess a blog has multiple pages and a user will click through so, you'll need less users for more pageviews. But still 120$/day in 3 months, you'll need additional income sources i guess.

The conversation continues

can i give this a bump?