I accidentally put brake fluid in the coolant tank what should I do now? Is my car fucked?

I accidentally put brake fluid in the coolant tank what should I do now? Is my car fucked?

Time to do a coolant flush fag

Your coolant is looking all murky anyway. Good time to flush it.

how do you fuck up this much? no one should let you touch a car ever again.

How do people even fuck up like this? The caps are clearly labeled on anything remotely modern, and it should be obvious what goes in them anyway based on where the cap is. You'd have to be literally brain dead to confuse an overflow tank for a master cylinder.

Man your oil is CL- oh shit....

Flush asap.

Replace coolant hoses due to brake fluid dissolving rubber. Brake fluid dissolves a lot of things. Flush asap.

Don't do this serious expensive fluid mistake again.

>I accidentally put brake fluid in the coolant tank what should I do now?

If you have not yet run the car, siphon it out of the tank. Disconnect hoses from tank and let them drain to the ground. Hopefully the brake fluid in the hoses comes out.

Flush the system without the tank. You'll have to laboriously clean the tank after removing it. Replace rubber hoses as brake fluid can contaminate them. Ignoring that hoses can be weakened, what you are concerned about right now is that any brake fluid leaches out of the hose and attacks any gaskets or seals inside the engine.

Disconnect hoses going from tank to radiator. This lets the residual brake fluid in the hoses drain out and not flow into the radiator. What an illegal mess on the ground, so let it drain into a container.

After you clean the tank, drain the rest of the coolant system. Refill with water. Now you can do the flush. Don't run to the dealer and tell him you put brake fluid because he will enter it into carfax as well as invalidate all your power train warranty for having bad gaskets or whatever. Once on carfax, future buyers see it and think "all engine gaskets have been weakened by brake fluid".

As long as you have not started the car, you are in good luck. GOOD LUCK.

>Is my car fucked?

Your engine has lots of gaskets and seals inside that are not expecting brake fluid.

Dats Dere Dexcool oil it's standard on gm boi

Mmm Gatoroid

You're lucky you didn't pour in headlight fluid instead

Are you female by any chance?

My dad died because he mixed headlight and blinker fluids accidentally

if your pic is what you put it in, that's just the overflow reservoir, you should be able to just drain that and clean it out and refill it with coolant and you will be fine

Nowhere near as serious as mixing seat heater and ECU fluids

As the car system cools, it sucks back fluid from the overflow reservoir, so there is probably brake fluid in the hose to the radiator. Some has probably dribbled into the radiator by now.

> brake fluid dissolves rubber
> Brake fluid is moved in rubber lines
Lmao
Some cars (like OPs) over flow reserviors are the only way to access the coolant. They serve as a means to fill up the radiator, hence why they have pressureized caps.
Just suck it out with a straw and spit it out, or drink it, i dont care. You'll be fine so long as you didn't drive it at all.

that's a massive radiator man

I don't think anything terrible would happen even if that was the case.
Just flush the entire system with water a few times if you want to be save.

>what are rubber types

Dex-cool is orange to hide the rust.

God, you guys are all fucking retards. Brake fluid in the coolant tank isn't that big of a deal. You can use fucking dog shit for coolant, it doesn't matter. Just flush it (properly with distilled water) and you'll be fine

it's fine

This. You can use anything for coolant

These guys in thread are pussies OP. Just run it with break fluid, It will be fine. If you really are paranoid add some Seafoam or brake cleaner to the brake fluid in the coolant tank

Thanks OP. You just turned around my shitty day.

Yeah, Every once in awhile I'all drain the coolant from the tank and drop in a can of sea foam or some carb cleaner, just to clean out the system

wtf is even going on, that looks like the oil pan.

tfw your anti-freeze becomes an icicle.