$1000 business ideas

Ok, I have around $1000 and I'm looking to start making money. I'm willing to do almost anything, because my aim right now is to make money and not to feel good.

Please provide some good ideas. Only rules are no stock investments and no forex exchange.
Solid business ideas I can run outdoors. Red pill me.

And post your experiences. Where you started, how, where you are now, etc.

>I'm willing to do almost anything, because my aim right now is to make money and not to feel good.

Really setting yourself up for kneepads here.

kek

too ugly for that

bump

>willing to do anything
thats enough capital to start selling drugs. they offer high profit and are good start if you don't intent to take them. when you make more money, you can invest in something legal.

if you are not into selling drugs, you can also just buy a crypto miner and earn 300$ a month

Buy oil futures for 2018. Oil is bound to go up with Dennis The Menace as president.

Already done.

bumping for interest

Bump for interest.

I've been out of the crypto game for a while. Has it really gotten that affordable?

Very newbie young dude trying to learn terms here, when you say Oil Futures which are you referring to? Please forgive me if that's a retarded question.

Is it possible to make a decent living with no college degree?

Ofcourse

how?

I bought a cut off saw and a plate compactor for $1150. I cold called property management companies asking if the had any sections of sidewalks or trip hazards they needed fixed. Got a few jobs here and there. Did 19k that year, 140k the next. I have 2 trucks a machine, trailers etc now, I do excavating and utilities now, on track for about 250k this year.

Just saying it can be done, don't shy away from the blue collar work, I did 32k last month gross.

To add, this is my third year in business, I have no college degree, and I learned the business by working for a large company.

nice

>crypto miner

where do I get one and are there any downsides?

What coin should I mine this very second?

Borrow someone's riding lawnmower&weedeater or buy a used one and go door to door.

A futures contract is a financial instrument that specifies that one party will buy or sell a quantity of a given commodity at a given price on a given date. It has a tracked value that is derivative from the value of the commodity. For example:

Parties A and B enter into a futures contract with the following details:

A will sell B 10,000 barrels of oil at $45 on July 1st, 2017.

Now the current price of oil is around $45, so the parties don't lose or make money (to close approximation) if this price stays constant. But if the price raises to $50, suddenly the futures contract itself is now worth $5 * 10,000 = $50,000 to the buyer, because anyone owning this contract can purchase 10,000 barrels of oil from the contracted seller at $45 and immediately liquidate them at $50.

If you are a contracted seller in a futures contract, you make money if the price when the contract is closed is less than the contractually agreed upon price. If you are a buyer, you make money if that price is higher than the agreed upon price. In this case, user is recommending that people buy futures contracts, i.e. enter as the contracted buyer, at a price reflecting the current price of oil/ close to it, so that we make money when the price of oil increases in value over time. You can think of this specific investment as a bit like buying the oil itself, right now, and waiting for it to gain value so you can sell it, except nobody has any fucking idea what to do with 10,000 barrels of oil and it costs a lot of money to deal with it, so we use a futures contract instead.

I should add that futures contracts are rarely actually delivered. Usually traders close their positions by just selling the contract itself through large organizations called clearinghouses.

This seperates futures from forwards contracts, which are typically used by parties that actually DO intend to buy or sell the goods. The two prototypical examples of this are farmers looking to hedge against price failures in crops, so they enter into forwards contracts to sell their crops at a specific price, on the other side, airline companies wanting to hedge against potential price rallies in aviation fuel, so they enter into forwards contracts to purchase fuel at a specific price. Both of these examples involve parties that are primarily interested in actually exchanging the underlying commodity to their contracts, rather than simply closing the contract before it expires.

(The other main difference is that futures are regulated and public--they are traded on exchanges, like securities--whereas forwards are private agreements between parties)

Thanks for the response. Really trying to understand this and wrap my head around it all. I'm extremely intrigued by it

i can make one and ship it out for a fee. Sof5 ware has gotten a lot harder to use properly over the years but the concept is still the same. The gpu ones i make are profitable enough to where the price of electricity doesnt matter much. Youll have to have an outdoor room or something to get rid of the heat, also, you dont want to be listening to it all day, although, i can make a pretty quite one with modern fans

This should be stickied, not because of the work, but the cold calling.

You can do literally fucking anything, but you need to go out and pester people until you get hits. This is the thing that nobody wants to do, but it's the only way you'll actually make money in anything.

Same thing even applies to dating. It's all a numbers game.

Writing ebooks is a very low-barrier-of-entry option.

Can you cook? You could get a propane grill, a cooler, rent kitchen space on an hourly basis and do a weekend farmers market or two. If your food is good and you watch your costs you should be able to clear a extra $500/week. Go to some farmers markets and see what stall is doing good business and open a similar one at a different market.

Garden Maintenance. Start your self with a lawn mower, continue buying hedgers and other utensils. There are always elderly who need someone to maintain their property.

Live near any derelict buildings?
You could get into house flipping with no money if you're willing willing to take some risk.

Aren't there tons of mowers out there already? How am I supposed to stand out and make reasonable $'s? Saw ads in my area for $20 mowers...

With $1000?

>Really setting yourself up for kneepads here.

What did he mean by this?

give me a guide for this. I'm currently mining on a couple of RX 480s but I'd like to build an optimal mining rig in the future.

You could try house hacking

It's not a business but it's a thing that makes a constant income and if you've already got a place to stay in that's even better

dont have a guide for it already made. email me at [email protected] in 60 minutes so we can get in contact.

dude, he meant sucking dick for money

watch Spice and Wolf Season 2 episodes 1-6 if you want to learn how futures work

you suck dick

Don't buy oil futures faggot.

That user is right in saying that oil consumption will likely increase in the US under a Trump presidency but the oil industry is also heavily dependent on China, whose economy is so fucking secretive it's impossible to predict.

Buy a half ounce of coke and whip that shit into a quarter bird of crack

In all seriousness, this shit right here.

That depends on location. In the Northeast a 1/4 acre lot in a shitty area is 40k-80k, the condemned house is extra.

Good for you. My dad did something similar about 3 years ago. Was a janitor and got fired. Stole a bunch of equipment and started cold calling places. He made like not even 1000 a month his first year but now he's making close to 7000 a month working all by himself. He's a terrible business man though. Has attitudes with people for no reason and loses a lot of business. I was thinking of working for him but I could easily start my own and take his business.

>. I'm willing to do almost anything,
>almost
just give up now, you dont have what it takes.

Sorry for not willing to take the Burj Khalifa up my asshole for $50 Youtube money.

>not willing to take burj kahlifa up the ass
ok fag, keep telling yourself that

If you have a marketable skill. If you're good at something never do it for free.

Tileguy here. Big ups to you my friend.

Make an app

let me redirect you to my thread user. Some people are saying that oil will decrease with deregulation and increased drilling. I'm betting that oil will go up substantially in the next few months due to OPEC production cuts and the speculation over the possible rescindment of the iran deal.
>

I'd be curious as to how much this guy is charging for his service and how big the jobs actually are.

Does the 8 appointments/2 sales per 100 cold call attempts check out?

that's a small business working small jobs.

make no mistake, small businesses can and often do make tens of millions a year. I think in his line of work he can make $32 million a year and still be a small business.

>he can make $32 million a year and still be a small business.
to put that in perspective-
if he takes weekends off he can make more than $100k PER DAY and still be a small business.

So just pester places of business and things of that nature? I've been learning computer networking and cyber security as of late.. Didn't even think to do this type of thing.

Assuming you look at this thread again would you mind going into more detail about the business?

I live in New York so I see a lot of potential to get solid work doing this, and I'm curious to learn how you went about expanding your business after the intial steps.

Fucked thing is it's actually not 100% a joke to do so.

start a dog walking business.

People are fucking lazy so you take their dogs and go out for a walk while charging them money.

I think the median wage for a dog walker is around 15 dollar/hour in Miami

You can fuck off with that idea if you live in the American Southwest. Mexicans have that on lockdown at every Home Depot parking lot in the region.

BE GOOD AT SOMETHING PEOPLE WITH MONEY ARE WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR.

One dog at a time?

If I did multiple dogs I'd be scared they'd get in a fight

I think everyone knows that. We are here to find those niche skills that are easy to learn and pays well.

>only be good at writing music
>have a soundcloud
>lots of followers
>lots of downloads
>lots of likes
>people of our time expect music to be free

fucking sucks. i did get a message on soundcloud from a dude who books live shows at bars and cafe type places in my area, sf bay area, telling me he would love to set me up for some live shows. but i have too much anxiety to play live and i dont even have a band to play with me. he told me if i change my mind to let him know. so i guess if i can change my mindset and get some friends to play my music i can, but probably not.

Not true, if you don't do mow n blow and focus on irrigation, pruning and fine gardening and no lawns you'll be able to charge more and will have less competition because everyone wants the easier jobs.

Post your music

Clean furnaces. Get some instructions and list of tools online. Advertise on Craigslist. You can charge 150-200 bucks for about an hours work.
Charge extra for units in attics and sell air filters.

A $1000 should be enough to get all the supplies for your first few calls. Do work on the weekend too. Most companies won't and that's how you can make your way.

That sounds like a messy/risky job

OP here,

here's what I'm doing. Please criticize my plan and offer some advice. And let me know if you've done something similar in the past.

I'm ordering custom gaming mice from Alibaba at around $3/piece with my logo on it and selling them as my own product on my website. I will send it out to gamers on Twitch to review and offer them $10/device sold from their referrals. The price I'm looking to sell is at around $40/mouse.

It's like pic related. Instead of spider at the bottom, there will be my logo. And the text will be removed.

Ordering 100 pieces to start off with.

Opinions?

Will also use Google and Facebook ads to target people for these mice.

Another option is iPhone screens. I saw iPhone 6 screens on sale for $23. I'm willing to order it, but tomorrow going to call other wholesale retailers in my city to see what rates they're selling at, and see whether or not I can compete. If anyone has any experience, please enlighten.

Do google and facebook ads actually work? I use SocialFixer to block facebook ads and search with duckduckgo, myself and most gamers I know do the same.

Well, I'll do targeted ads. And if for spending $40 I get even 1 sale, I'll be breaking even. Going to learn with experience.

those mouses are pretty shitty (they cost you $3, so..). you can get way better mouses for $40, but never underestimate the stupidity of people, so good luck.

I'll put them in wooden boxes and add a cool 'graphics' paper in there to make them seem better quality,

i actually found an (now expired) offer, where you were able to get those exact mouses for free (here in germany). also, they are regulary on amazon for 10€.

Fine, I'll get the $6 mouse instead.

you should do what you think is a good idea.
You're making a lot of assumptions so far. Try to figure out what will happen if they don't become true and prepare a plan B.

Buy a horse
Jack it off
Sell the sperm

you'd make a lot more with your logo on knee pads. advertise as Veeky Forums approved! and i'm sure you'll be covered in hookers and blow in no time.

If you can become the leader of the pack, then I don't see why your hourly salary shouldn't go up.

>We are here to find those niche skills that are easy to learn and pays well.

Made a similar post before, same concept applies:
>Many people use certain services hoping to draw a profit from them
>Most of them don't utilize these services to their full potential, because they lack the knowledge
>You become an expert for these services and help them set everything up so their success rate increases
E.g. people are using xing for networking but only get very few contacts, because their profile is garbage. You know that's the case for most xing users and you know everything about setting up the perfect profile that will generate dozens of valuable contacts. You message all xing users and offer your services to optimize their profiles.

lol, irrigation companies literally don't make shit. its the landscaping companies that can make you a millionaire.

that's how you get cancer

FAKE. That is not a 3-page quote.

Get a fucking job? A thousand dollars is nothing man. Go be a waiter and you can double your money in a week

>Solid business ideas I can run outdoors
Go film sports games for high schools and clubs
>there's a GOOD market for it, since you can charge $100 per video

I have an idea for making an app where users have to watch ads to earn coins. They can spend these coins on online gift cards, like steam and amazon. It would benefit the most from people trying it out, watching a load of ads, then giving up after realizing that there's no way they'd ever earn enough coins for what they want.
I know its been done before, but I reckon with good marketing it could be a great success.

If it's not completely passive it's not worth it.