Are you new? Have a read:

Gifums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IoqK3KMtFPw
youtube.com/watch?v=bYxEWM3rMhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for ZX-6R

How difficult is it to replace the steering stem bearings and wheel bearings? I have watched several YouTube tutorials and it looks pretty simple but by that same token I am one of those people that genetically lack the aptitude for working with their hands....aka one of those people where if it can go wrong, it will

reasking from last thread - has anyone ever just ridden their bike to a track day? normally you see guys hauling their shit in a trailer or the back of a pickup but i'm a nocar.

what's the point of paying for insurance if the deductible is higher than the price of the repair itself

i'm just watching the motorcycle GP for Macau and

what the fuck is this guy doing

You were birthed out your mothers ass because her cunt was too busy

My dirt bike is a street bike

Because you might run your dumb arse into a ferrari when you target fixate on it.

then you will be happy about insurance.

if things are crusted in place its fairly easy, get a service manual so you set the stem properly.
best bet is to have a buddy who is more inclined come over and help

me too, thanks

Don't look as cool in the winter gear but sacrifices must be made.

taxation and government-mandated insurance aew theft

taxation is theft

skatt är stöld

Trolling my facebook hard I see ;)

Street tires on dirt bikes do not make them handle better on the road than a sport bike.

Is someone impersonating me? Not even close to my name.

Lol

Weapons grade autism.

Ask your bf roy. He made it

why do sumo riders not go knee down like on supersports?

Because less manly

The bikes are really tall so you have to go a bit faster to actually get your knee down. Also that kind of bike likes a lot of weight up front so it tends to work better to sit on the very front of the seat and stick your leg out by the axle.

Depends on the corner, slow/tight, push the bike under you and get that foot out front to keep weight on the front tire. Faster, larger radius turns, hang off/knee out.

Dirt tires on a sportbike would make in handle better than a dirt bike

trip/namefagging makes elton john appalled by your level of homosexuality

also youre a bitch if youre worried about how cool your gear looks

Cool

No u

>mfw dirtbike fags think their wobbly wobble suspension and shit adjustment can keep up with a streetbike

get back in the dirt where you belong u trash

You could have just save the file when I posted it here originally instead of screenshotting it from facebook on your phane...

what are the advantages to a Sumo vs. a Supersport? Is it down to light and nimbler vs. high power?

you're the resident trackfag, right? how viable is it to just ride your bike to the track and do the prep there rather than hauling it in a truck or trailer?

>it's a /dbt/ bench racing episode
stop it cunts

Completely fine if you are not riding the track at anything over 100% or have a way to get a wrecked bike home after the wreck.
There has to be another trackfag in here somewhere though... We all ride bikes so someone has to be stupid enough to do that too...

Dear /dbt/, I wrote you but you still ain't calling

I sent my home, my cell and my agent at the bottom

I sent two webm's back in august, you must not a got em

I could be the best tooj king alongside that rusted car guy or somethin

I stayed up three nights straight just to study the curves

But anyways, screw it, I'll probably just apex another

My oldest son just turned 14, I'm a proud father

If I ever have a daughter guess what I'ma call her?

I'ma name her YBRgirl

I read about SEF too, I'm sorry to hear it

I almost killed myself after my wife just fucked my shit

I know you probably hear this everyday but i'd love to work with you again I even loved your early stuff like how to counter steer and what is trailbraking

I got a room full of pictures and posters from back then

I loved working on the yammy and I'd like to work with you again

Anyways, I hope you get this, let me hear back

Just to talk money, yours faithfully, with hope

This is WRanon

He isn't the resident anything. Trolly is the resident trackfag.

Also lots of people do that.

The sumo gives you the illusion of being able to go off road when in reality you have reduced the bikes off road capabilities to that of a sports bike while having none of the sport bike top speed or precision in corners while riding on the road.

Its like having the worst of both worlds.

I was sure there had to be more than a few track riders that post here.

>They don't break when you drop them.
>They put less stress on your lower back.
>The height allows you to see over cars better.
For your average street rider that's about all you will benefit from them.

Sumo
>too weak to handle a real dirt/streetbike so lets take a light dirtbike and get rid of it's main feature and make it a shit/unusable dirtbike and inferior streetbike
Sportbike
>does what it's designed it is to do, excellent handling, cornering, speed, high power

>We all ride bikes
not so sure about that one, but
>someone has to be stupid enough to do that too...
this is probably true. thanks m8

Sure thing. How's stalking Anna going?

Many big bore sumos could beat a supersport in a stop light drag

Unless its some fucktard who cant go round corners for shit with a 8 in. extended swingarm

"Hello! At last, this is my/our/his/her/their/the first ride after a long winter. So, ..."

in case anyone was wondering

How was your ride today, /dbt/?

Dear mister I'm-Too-Good-To-Give-A-Squid-A-Chance

This'll be the last shitpost I ever send your ass

It's been two years and still no willies - I don't deserve it?

I know you got my last 15 webms, I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect

Who is Anna?

Dirt bikes wheelie from acceleration a lot more than sport bikes so with a good rider on both the sport bike should be able to launch faster.

>retarded nobike
>the post

I didn't ride today. I woke up and started drinking.

or you could get a proper streetbike that does all of this + all the other things better

aka a naked bike

show me sub 4 second 0-60 from a sumo. ktm 690 needs 4,4 secs 0-60

Tiger 800 XCx or Africa Twin?

my rear tire blew as I was making a right a mile from my house. I thought the tire looked off when I bought the bike but I didn't know better since it was my first. Turns out it's 6 years old.

I have no other transportation so I was forced to call out of work and I'm going to have to get my bike towed to the dealership and buy a new tire

I backed my bike into the garage today...

>SUPER sport

>>retarded nobike
>>the post

1200GS

>aka a naked bike
You mean a Standard? Don't fall for the naked meme

Idk what city you live in but going 0-60 downtown will get your ass thrown in jail where im from

I said stoplight drag herp derp maybe like 0-35 at most till the next light

just extend the swing arm bro
youtube.com/watch?v=IoqK3KMtFPw

Sure thing mat. Ive seen the text

Can't go wrong with either. Tiger is a little more pricey but dat triple. I can give you a more objective answer once I ride Wombatanon's AT in the spring.

That's dedication.

Bummer. Why not pull the wheel off and get a cab to the dealer?

0-5 a scooter is faster because you need to operate the clutch

what a retarded logic

Fun, did about 250mi I think. But I fucking lost my sprocket cover. I need to loctite everything, I'm tired of losing bolts.

>Why not pull the wheel off and get a cab to the dealer?

I unfortunately don't have the equipment or expertise to do it
I would otherwise

Gotta commit famalam

you whine like a bitch with severe pms

I don't think even nakeds would generally have the durability of dirt bikes.
Otherwise I don't disagree. Supermotos as street bikes are pure meme.

if you do a proper drag start (revving it up let the clutch pop) no chance a sumo will win. If you do that with a sumo in first you will just loop it. the low down power doesn't make up for 70-100hp.

but stay delusional.

I don't know anyone named Anna so no you haven't.

OK stalker boy. Pretend all you want on Veeky Forums.

>tfw $600 left to go in equipping and setting up the AT

Do you have:
A rear wheel stand? If no, do you have a sturdy overhead beam and a ratchet strap?

A set of tire spoons?

A set of wrenches of the right size?

A bottle of tire lube?

A pack of large size Zip-ties?

Yeah you took my post content, sportbikes are designed to accelerate well, long and low. Motards are high and short you just cannot accelerate at the same pace as a sportbike power or no power.

Had to search my friends list to find out I do know someone named Anna. Guess I am a stalker for making sure a friend was okay.

It's a fine way to start, as long as you have better than average self control and won't be shit up a creek with no support system if you do crash. I look at trackdays for street riders like go karting or going to the drag strip. If you're a casual it's fine to show up and enjoy it, just don't be one of the many people who ride out of control and crash. I've met advanced group riders who ride their bikes in, but usually someone brings their other gear, coolers, etc for them. If you do it often you're going to get tired of all the extra hassles, and you'll end up with a dedicated track bike and a trailer. You gotta find out how much you like it first though. If you go, make a friend who is also going from your area so they can carry the cooler or help you get your bike home if you bust the pegs off it.

I'm not too far from done on the Tiger. Been sorta wanting some larger crash bars but my inner jew won't let me do that.

bummer, good luck m8

Stop trying so hard you autist.

youtube.com/watch?v=bYxEWM3rMhk
250cc dirt bikes do 0-50kmh in 2.5 seconds and that is on dirt.

Projecting pretty hard right now.

>A rear wheel stand? If no, do you have a sturdy overhead beam and a ratchet strap?
no, no

>A set of tire spoons?
no

>A set of wrenches of the right size?
yes

>A bottle of tire lube?
no

A pack of large size Zip-ties?
yes

>white Knighting intensifies

Better start saving your pennies for the stuff or niggerrigging then. Welcome to motorcycle ownership. On the plus side learning how to do this kind of crap will save you $$$ in the long run.

im down to the top plate, bags and respring/revalve
tires dont count since they're just consumables

if you have chunks of wood around you can at least get your tire off and to a shop a lot easier.
just place the wood under hard points and lay the bike onto it and get the tire off.

And sportbikes do 0-100 in the same amount of time.

You can see in the video he's struggling with the wheelie even on dirt which is my point, more traction won't help he'll still get reamed due to wheelie

I have some home depot buckets I could probably finagle with

I didn't know I could just bring the tire in to the dealership. Do you think I'd need an appointment?

I'm sorta buying stuff I need as I go, this wouldn't be an exception if not for the fact I need my bike working ASAP

>high-strung race bike
>in 2.5 seconds
>0-50kmh

first why are you coming with racebikes now
secondly moto3 (250cc) bike is still 0.5 secs faster (2 secds 0-50kmh9) and gets faster from that point on.
thirsdly a standard GSXR600 no mods does 0-50 in about 1.6 seconds, There is no stock and street legal dirt/sumo that can do that.
And if so we haven't even moved up to 750s or liters yet.

Nothing today, rode the entire length of Skyline Drive yesterday.

nigga just let it rest, you making a fool of yourself

if you bring the tire off the bike not usually, you might call ahead anyway so you dont have to wait around.
when you put the tire back on, use a large screwdriver to gently open the brake caliper so it goes back on easier

Shit.
Too many Sunday drivers on the touge made the experience pretty miserable.

im not even the same user i was agreeing with you guys...?

That's a really nice photo

>caliper
does it make a difference if it's a drum brake?

also what about balancing the tire(s)?