/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/277553/the-pvp-justice-system-concept-now-with-opt-out/p13
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for ______

Khajiit are cute

What's better for solo if I want to play a Nightblade? Magicka/stamina, and is bow/dual swords fine?
I'm not really wanting to grind, just run around and do quests/dungeons/whatever anchors are called.
I haven't tried mage yet, but I know I don't want to play a Dragon Knight or Templar, even if they're better at soloing. I just dislike the way their abilities look so much.

How are nightblades as healers? making a vampire bloodmage sounds way more fun than making any other healer

How do you use bows effectively in this game?

What kind of build would you suggestion to have fun?

their strength is putting on DoT's and AoE's and then switching to a higher damage weapon like dual wield

So just using a bow isn't really effective?
Fair enough.

argonian templar here i come

This game is pretty alright

Thanks!
I'll check it out!

just to make sure, minmaxing isnt all that big in this game right? I wanna be a thunderbolt lizard

What are pledges?

How do I become a vampire?

Why are people always using zone chat to find people for dungeons when they could just use dungeon finder?

>What are pledges?
Daily quests you can take to defeat certain enemies/bosses in dungeons, completing them rewards you with a key that let's you open one of the Undaunted chests that contain random good loot and monster set pieces.

>How do I become a vampire?
Get bitten by another vampire

>Why are people always using zone chat to find people for dungeons when they could just use dungeon finder?
Activity Finder has some issues (every time you use it you get a 15 minute delay until you can use it again, even when a common glitch causes groups to disband/members to be kicked) and you at least know people that respond in zone chat are willing to communicate in some form (unlike Activity Finder PUG players)

Sometimes Zonechat works faster.
Dungeon finder might take up 30+ Minutes, which is kind of long.

yooooo I just saw some guy riding a badass armored kagouti, how do you get that shit? I don't see it in the crown store.

update 13 when

>walk into your dining room
>see this

what do

>Ebonheart Scum
Slaughter

I'm at level 20 how is my buff bar? (Ashen weapons is on 2) Are of these useless or outclassed by anything else?

>No option to skip the shitty starter islands
>Have to haul ass off them and have them taunt you every time you look at your map

Not a fan tbqh

does doing the thieves guild or dark brotherhoood on a non sneaky character feel as retarded as it does in other elder scrolls games?

there was a period where you started on the mainland and picked up quests that led you out to the islands. nobody ever did them and the islands were completely desolate and pointless.

You can just take the boat off them can't you?

Dunmer/Nord/Argo's starter island kicks ass at least. The north shore has everything you need right in a small concentration.

I hate this island the most because of phasing. I can never see all the newbies when I go there.

Also the scenery is so desolate and dull compared to AD and DC.

bought this game today, already bored

It starts so fucking slow. Then when you get to level 10 you're hit with so much to do it's overwhelming.

you shouldnt have bought it then retard

So if I want to heal endgame I basically have to go templar?

I'm looking at possibly doing both trials and pvp, alternating between the two or having 2 diff characters.

I've looked at pve stam and it looks like every class is hail, caltrops, and dw light attack weaving, with the difference being made up by whatever ultimate they have and 1-2 of the class skills. Are magicka pve dps the same? I suppose they're all going to have a back bar and a main bar for dps.

I'm currently playing a dragonknight, but I'm not sure if thats what I want or not. I guess I'm asking for a lot but would anyone be willing to provide some resource or briefly summarize how each resource/class combo deals damage or maybe in general where I could find this kind of information?

>everything you need
????

Everything thats wrong with ESO in 1 thread:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/277553/the-pvp-justice-system-concept-now-with-opt-out/p13

>Heated debate of only 13 pages where people are disucssing some pretty interesting idea for the totally forgotten Justice system
>Apparently a lot of people shitposted on this thread
>Forum Mod gets tired of doing his job and just decides to close the 13 page thread saying that " we feel this topic has already had a very full debate so we have decided to close it"

Holy fuck, so you can basically "filibuster" any important thread by shitposting it until The mods get sick of doing their jobs and just lock the thread. BOOM problem solved! Now you can get rid of those pesky threads begging ZOS to nerf your favorite build!

What a time to be alive!

So I am thinking about buying the tamriel edition since it is $10.

How is the lore? Are there books everywhere? I have read that nothing is level locked anymore.

Is the gold edition absolutely necessary from the get go, or can I buy dlc packs later?

You can do 95% of the content without minmaxing, so no.

But if you want to do the butt clenching hard content then yes.

Lore is shit and will never be fixed
Books are everywhere, even the ones that aren't supposed to exist in the 2nd era
You can go anywhere now, everything scales to your level
Not necessary but the sale is a good deal if you really wanna play.

You can buy DLC later, and I recommend you do. It's pretty fun.

There's a shit ton of lore and books to read. If you complete the mages guild you even get a new menu tab that lets you re-read all the books you ever opened. Sometimes when I'm in the mood I just do that instead of trying to look for more of them.

Internet says the launcher the Steam gives isn't the updated version. Is this true?

If anyone is experiencing error 206, go to the game folder and delete Bethesda.Net_Launcher.Version

Also wouldn't it be a good idea to add the common errors encountered in succeeding OP's?

I'd say it's worth the 10 dollar price tag.

As much as I didn't like gw2 I feel that the 5$ I paid was worth the price, sorta getting the same feeling here.

Game seems to be fairly decent, not great but not the most awful I've played.

Combat is pretty bad but the environment makes up for it imo. The full scale voice acting doesn't hurt either. Then again I'm only level 9 so far

Are tanks the most in demand like every other mmo or are there less healers?

>Combat is pretty bad
combat is the best of any TES game, and the best of most MMOs, what the hell you on about

have you played only 1 mmo? The combat in eso is pretty terrible by any metric.

There are so many other MMOs out there that have much better combat by any metric, ie.) TERA, BDO, BnS, etc.

are all professions useless?

>TERA, BDO, BnS
don't play chink trash

opposite

desu combat is one of the best things about eso. maybe you can't appreciate it at lvl 9 yet

Does light armor ever stop looking awful?

lore is fine don't listen to fags, it ranges from low-effort to decent obscure references to even some interesting takes of kirkbridian metaphysical DEEP LORE here and there.

tera is just eso but worse. they tried to go full fps but don't have any of the backend support that makes an fps playable.

3 and 4 give the same buff so why slot both?

should I be deconstructing all the gear I find?

I'm new and am still wrapping my head around motifs. Is there any proper bonemold sets?

This You can leave the island immediately

they've added a ton of shit recently, dunno if bonemold is in but I'm sure it will come with Vvardenfell if not

is there one faction that just constantly dominates in pvp?

Yes except for ornate and research

I play on the veteran non-veteran (disables veteran perks) server and the Aldmeri Dominion seems to be constantly getting their ass handed to them, only ever doing anything when they have a PvP guild on

Forgot to mention the purpose of the post - No there isn't one faction that constantly dominates they usually take turns and can win or lose depending wholly on the time.
The closest to a constant factor regarding alliances was the thing about AD but they were probably dominate on another server

It's not craftable, but it's available as a dropped set called Red Mountain.

Just started playing. Can i wear heavy armor and still be a wizard like this bad ass?

magic tanks are a thing I believe
>just found daedric motif
I gotta go see how faithful that shit is, I've just been using it for cloth

I have 700 crowns from when I bought the game at launch but didn't get very far. Should I buy the starter pack for the horse and dog?

Yeah

loremasters pls is divayth fyr dicking around somewhere during the time of ESO?

entirely possible, if you actually read the motif books he's a central figure, embroiled in an entirely awful and absolutely out of character love triangle story that continues throughout them, but even in TES 3's lore he's been doing his Telvanni thing for thousands of years, he could have plausibly taken a vacation to the IC or wherever the fuck that shit was written to be.

Not in game but some of the motif books for the racial motifs mention him.

>chilling in EP-held Bruma reading them esoteric tomes n shiet
>this happens
>go outside and find that Bruma has been taken by DC
>now smack dab in the center of an enemy held settlement

How long will it take to get a horse as a new player?

who the FUCK said pvp is not fun. getting class quotas like this is hilarious

depends if you wanna pay crowns or gold. if you don't blow your money on crafting or other shit you can get one fairly quickly, say level ten, though it may leave you penniless

where are the damage numbers?

Is the pvp better than GW2 WvW or is it 200 people standing in front of a gate while everyone defending casts aoe shit in front of the gate?

I think last week I was on AD holding off one of the outposts against a swarm of DC and EP, it was some shit straight out of warhammer 40k, it was amazing

never played GW2 but siege weapons can be used by both sides, you can also sneak up and set them on fire, and the world itself is set up with lots of choke points, not just the keeps, so there are commonly battles over bridges and narrow passes, stairways, etc

also, you can break through the keep walls anywhere rather than pushing a gate, I wasn't even grouped with these random shitters, we were just creeping bandits on the hills when someone came along and threw down a bunch of trebuchets, there was five of us but we were through in a few minutes thanks to that

Do i have to be a tank if i wear heavy armor?

There's also a book about two mages that want to go to oblivion. Psijics wouldn't let them use their gate bla bla. Book ends with them saying they will seek Fyr in Vvanderfel. So hopefuly we get to see him in Vvanderfel dlc.

no, you can be whatever you want to be, a special and unique butterfly in the wind. like any mmo there's a meta once you get to the top geared raids or pvp scene, but for just getting into the game running around questing you can do whatever the fuck you want and make it work to an extent, hell right now I am playing through the assassin and thieves' guild questlines as a stealth templar, mixing light and medium armor with fucking cosmetics that offer no armor but I like the look of, literally no chest shoulders or head armor at all, no belt, assassinating fags with the blade of woe and using knockback spears of holy light to put distance between me and shit I need to run away from and it's working for me.

What are the differences between Stam blade and mage blade for pvp and pve? Is one better than the other? I'm stuck between the two because both seem to be really cool playstyles.

limited time

fucking shit. do those come back from time to time? surely they must.

it will likely make a comeback in crown crates.

Hey I bought this game for PC and I have two questions.

One, which races females have the biggest tits and fattest asses.
Two, which specialization/class makes the funnest tank.

Thank you.

Sliders determine your taste in tits and asses
It's not like they didn't use recolored body models for every race

That is in the Covenant though.

Wrong. Can do 100% of the content healing with any class and race.

Your idea of good combat is skimpy totally-not-underrage womam jumping around while screaming and releasing overly-flashy lights and one-shotting everything on their path?

considering he posted chink lesbian shit are you surprised?

For those who bought the Gold Edition
Did you spend your crowns? What's the most practical thing to buy with crowns?

trait rebalancing when?
red diamond change when?
NEW CONTENT WHEN?

PVP is in dire need of an overhaul. I hope they do something about it before houses get patched in

>One, which races females have the biggest tits and fattest asses.
Pig children
>Two, which specialization/class makes the funnest tank.
Argoanian nb or sorc.Imperial, nord, redguard, orc dk are the easiest

just reinstalled, cant decide between leveling my wood elf nightblade thats like level 20 or just making an imperial templar instead

Make a new character. Who wants to play as manlet&cannibal elf who has meaty protein farts all day long?

the girls are cute though desu

Am I wrong in thinking that drain essence can be a decent tank skill?

>20% health per second for 3 seconds l
>5 ultimate per second for 3 seconds
>can cancel into a block animation

Then there's mist form with 75% mitigation that you can also block cancel out.

It seems like if I can be a dunmer and have fire resist taken care of, vampires can be different but viable tanks for most of the game right?

>nords get flat 6% damage reduction and /three/ passives that can relate directly to health
who the fuck allowed this?

fuck everyone picking to min/max shit. what is the wosrt race/class combo

>argonians don't have any stealh/guerilla/stam passives

the swimming bonus could be pretty ganky if there was any pvp area as swampy as shadowfen, but alas you get fucking slaughterfished trying to swim anywhere in Cyrodiil

nord stam dk healer. have fun

>they didn't really have any in skyrim or oblivion unless you count lockpicking
why would they suddenly get that in the mmo?
Was the swimming /ever/ worth it? i can't even remember using the spell in morrowind.