Alright guys I've been thinking about getting an awd for a while now. I want to know what are the differences...

Alright guys I've been thinking about getting an awd for a while now. I want to know what are the differences, similarities and what makes one better over the other

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11602527/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Subaru if you want reliability. Evo if you want dsm problems every week or ford if you can't do maintenance and take it to the dealer instead.

just get an evo OP, here's why:

>no autistic fanboy crowd
>4g63 will hold shitloads of boost for days without even trying
>you don't have to deal with the fucking retards selling 2005 STI's for $5k above original msrp
>evo looks better
>evo performs better
>mitsubishi admits their interior is shit, so the evo's interior is simple & basic, subashit's interior is trying too hard & aging terribly

For DD, the STI is a more comfy ride. If you want to mod and maximize power, then the Evo will be a better choice. You will get more power for roughly the same cost compared to an STI. The Evo IX and VIII are favorites, but good luck finding one in decent shape. I prefer the STI because I need a DD that can occasionally go fast. If you need specific details regarding the engines, I would go to a forum. This is an age-old debate.

>wrx sti
>better awd system
>better transmission (this only applies to the six speed sti trannies, the five speed wrx ones are notoriously made of glass)
>better engine if you keep it within reasonable levels of boost

>evo
>better engine if you want to run 18+ psi through it, or get a fuckton of horsepower for things like quarter miles

If you're looking to hoon around in one these days, you're probably better off with the Subie. Parts sourcing is much, much easier than it is for Evo stuff these days, especially with all of the hardcore Evo guys hoarding 4G63 parts for eventual rebuilds.

>Stating personal opinions as facts
Thanks for correcting the record.

Are the WRX trannies really that bad? I want to mod a WRX to surpass a stock STI for the shits and giggles, but if the tranny is going to crap out on me I won't even bother.

sorry, what was that?

i couldn't hear you over the sound of the snapbacks & vape.

You can just source a six speed STi transmission, but yes, the WRX five speeds are prone to failure when you run more than about 275-300 whp through them.

Gonna have to ask you to repeat that, the crank walk is drowning everything out

>dinosaur technology
>fisher price interior
>everything falling apart
>constant engine & transmission problems
>35 fucking thousand whether brand new or used with those f a n t a s t i c features above

proudly presenting the subaru wrx sti: staying consistent from 2000 - 2016

why have you been thinking about awd over the alternatives

Are you talking about the car that continues to be produced and improved upon, by a successful brand?

How's your relationship with the local Mitsubishi dealership? Oh....

huh, it's almost as if mitsubishi knew when to quit, like they didn't want to put out a garbage product

whereas today we have a fat econobox with a wing glued to it carrying on the """"""""""rally heritage""""""""""

>knew when to quit
>not forced out of business for being bad
Pottery

Unlike Subaru Mitsu doesn't have a cult-following of women who look like men and vice versa driving their wagons.
They were what Scion tried to do, unfortunately none of the millennials are interested in a fun company anymore.

Also
>implying mistubishi motors didn't exist for the sole purpose of giving the Mitsubishi Corporation CEO's something to drive
New blood isn't interested in that.

>none of the millennials are interested in a fun company anymore.
You mean millenials can't afford brand new cars

What genious decided to market an entire brand to penniless children?

>shitsubishi

reminder

He doesn't even have a job

Mitsubishi was a mistake.

isn't lancer evo dead already

good lucky getting spare parts

>crankwalk
You do realize he's not talking about dsm eclipses right? Cw on evo 8 or 9 is almost unheard of the 4g63 in an evo is different than the 4g63 in a dsm eclipse

t-1 torsen based awd is best awd

Hell I thought you were describing shitsubishi.
Tell me how long the Evo X has been around again?

Evo
>better engine, stock and modified
>looks
>no memes
>well priced (used)

Cons
>crank walk on 7 bolts
>"worse" interior

Both are hard driving cars, I personally picked an Evo over STI for a daily driver, for those reasons alone.

>caring about late year rallys
Shit was only cash when Makinen and McRae were around

If you're going up to serious drag levels and horsepower the money amounts are so large at that level unless you're personally running a performance mechanics that there's really not a huge difference between an Evo and an STI. There's quite a few 1000+HP Imprezas around me but anyone wanting to run a quarter that isn't a huge shop just builds a GTR - it's so much more efficient.

The Spec C motor is better stock mate, go check BMI videos - Spec C's of the same generation always pull away with mid torque and evo's generally have better braking and entry speeds.

be honest

strawpoll.me/11602527/r

This