/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsthem.es/7809
3dsthem.es/7801
3dsthem.es/7764
3dsthem.es/7686
3dsthem.es/6318
3dsthem.es/7553
3dsthem.es/7552
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aks3d/112_downgrade_using_steelhax_is_being_restructured/?sort=new
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=507
nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/game_in-store_advertising_indicates_march_2017_release_for_zelda_breath_of_the_wild
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/5f86vu/steinsgate_0_decrypted_assets_only_use_this_for/?sort=new
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Daisuki~

Reminder that DS rom loading via SD is gonna be amazing

It will be an amazing achievement even if it doesn't run well.

>tfw finally ds games on the dump

Nintendo is coming to update your shit.

how do I change Friend Code? Hacked a friend's 3DS and now we have the same friend code.

I heard you can use godmode9 to delete stuff, but how do I get it to work? Trying to launch it in homebrew launcher does nothing.

Can you guys share some calm themes from 3DSthemes? The searching is a bit meh. There should be not much going on in the bottom screen and nothing stuffed with characters.

Kinda like these:

3dsthem.es/7809
3dsthem.es/7801
3dsthem.es/7764
3dsthem.es/7686
3dsthem.es/6318
3dsthem.es/7553
3dsthem.es/7552

Do a system format on one of them.

System format preserves al9h hacking, does it?

Is DJ Max playable on adrenaline yet?

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD js not worth waiting for.

Guys, now the DNS for blocking update on WII U doesn't allow me to use online ( can't connect on my WiFi )

What should I do?

Yes, I've formatted my 3ds fine. Just keep backups of he needed files, although I don't think it deletes them anyway.

According to this:
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5aks3d/112_downgrade_using_steelhax_is_being_restructured/?sort=new
>11.2.0-35 users use the 11.1.0-34 otherapp payload
But I'm not sure how to go about that.
I overwrote the old 11.2.0-35 with the 11.1.0-34 one.
I put it another one on there and made the name the same except replacing the "11.2.0-35" with "11.1.0-34" too.
It's still erroring out. I dunno what to do.

>there are people who have literally been waiting years for this instead of just buying a flashcart and microsd for $25

What are the needed files? You just need to reinject FBI into H&S in order to reinstall the cias of luma and so on, right?

did smea really get arrested? on what grounds?

Yea basically. You'll need a copy of arm9lloaderhax.bin too, but I'm pretty sure that gets preserved too. iirc a system format only really deletes what's in the Nintendo 3DS folder, but I never checked properly when I did mine

Any NSFW 3DS themes anywhere?

Can i take my a9lh 3ds into the shower?

Seriously
I paid like 5 bucks for an R4i knockoff and it works like a dream

yes
remember to install waterhax

Can I use VWii and Brhax at the same time? I've already got VWii sorted.

He did not get arrested.

I really want to, but all the websites with these carts are too sketch for me. I don't want my money stolen just so i can play DS games

nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=507
I bought from here and they have a paypal (though you aren't supposed to use paypal to buy flashcarts, I believe it breaks paypal's policies)

yet

Wait. Is this superior to Duckhax?

I have a cfw old 3ds, and a new Nintendo 3ds, I had system transfered from the old 3ds onto the new one but steelhax didn't transfer. Is there anyway to install steelhax on the old 3ds and use it as an entry point on the new 3ds?

Buy Freakyforms.

Steins Gate 0 when

im going to us embassy in japan to ask about smea being arrested

>for blocking update on Wii U
why do that? Nintendo's never gonna update the Wii U ever again.

People are scared as fuck about Zelda coming with 6.0 that will break the Browser exploit for sure. Could potentially do something to BR installed games but it seems unlikely.
Personally I'm not even sure BotW will come to Wii U in the end.

Would ocarina of time work? Nowhere near me has freaky forms in Stock. Also is steelhax impossible at this point?

you install it on the hacked 3ds and then transfer it

You'd need a Powersaves too, but OoT will work, yes.
Steelhax is fine but you have no way of getting the hack onto the N3DS now without another exploit.

Could i use the old 3ds to install the new 3ds firmware of steelhax? They both have the same NNID though the old 3ds has it disabled.

People are saying Zelda isn't coming out till July now kek

I got a Wii U for Christmas 2013 expecting it to have lots of games including Zelda in 2014/2015. But after Smash came out everything starting dying.

Game literally just put up posters saying it's coming in March. Don't listen to videogame rumours.

Reminds me of how Gamestop got all their posters for FF15 with the September release date and they delayed the game that very same day.

not him but source?

I bought this shit on 2012. if they really delay it to July I swear to god im gonna be the maddest person on earth.

Is "the titlekey site" not wiiu.titlekeys.com

I can't get funkiiu to work with it, what am I doing wrong?

Is there a cia for Hans or anything else that works like it?
Basically, is there a way to apply patches to physical copies without entering hblauncher?

nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/game_in-store_advertising_indicates_march_2017_release_for_zelda_breath_of_the_wild

Luma Code_Sections is easiest, but NTR does the same job too I believe.

I'm having a hard time starting pokèmon moon.

pokemon moon gets stuck on the 3ds splash screen, i did some research and found out i have to inject seed from fbi, i updated FBI, put the seed of moon in root/fbi/seed folder but fbi gives me an error code.
what can i do?

P S 4
S

G A M E
A
M
E

B A C K U P
A
C
K
U
P

L O A D I N G
O
A
D
I
N
G

O N
N

R E T A I L
E
T
A
I
L

U N I T S
N
I
T
S

W H E N
H
E
N

Speaking of that. Whats limited to code_sections or how much can we do with it?

How did you download it? You shouldn't need to mess with seeds at this point. A simple CIA/Freeshop download should work fine now.

If it's cart, try updating Luma if you're using it.

It literally replaces code on the fly so you can do whatever you want with it so long as you can compile the .bins correctly.

forgot to mention that is a cia file and i'm using CakesFW - Pasta etc... the day one hack version

>fatal frame DLC is 2GB

These are gonna be some high resolution panties

it's a downloaded cia file from, i tried 2 separate files already.
i'm not using cart, i'm using cfw but i did this shit on day one and i'm not sure what's the name of the custom firmware.

on a side note: i have freeshop with all the titles inside, but it fails to download anything.
i don't have acces to the eshop also, could this be the problem?

The eShop would fix the decryption error. But otherwise just update to the latest Luma CFW.

When I finish gathering the 7 Dragon Balls.

So we can even make patch translations with this on a single .bin instead of a folder full of assets?

I mean, in theory? Seems like a complex way to go about it though.

I figured. Oh well. Lets see what miracles i can pull

God bless you user.
I believe again.
we are all gonna make it

is there a wat for me to access eshop?
and since i'm not using luma and i've never heard of it... i have to wipe everything and start from scratch?

Open up system settings and give the full version string on the top screen.

Why can't you access the eShop?

ver. 9.2.0-20E emunand and sysnand are the same version

I can't access because the 3ds needs to update.

Just update your emunand.
9.2 means you can set up a9lh fairly easily though so I'd strongly recommend following the guide to do so.

If you have an emuNAND you can update the emuNAND fine, and keep sysNAND on 9.2

i can safely update the emuNAND to the latest version?

i tought that doing so would block me from using cfw

reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/5f86vu/steinsgate_0_decrypted_assets_only_use_this_for/?sort=new

We have the how, now we just have to do it.

I can do freakyhax if I have a sky3ds blu right ?
Also anyone knows where I can find rhythm heaven megamix for sky3ds ?

What do you think the whole point of emunand is?

Yes.
You need the EUR Rhythm Paradise and jump through whatever region-free hoops you need to to get around that one.

>hythm Paradise and jump through whatever region-

I tried a multi5 ver of it doesnt seem to work, its a blue button sky3ds though, not sure if the game has AP protection

It's crazy how much easier it is now to install a9lh than it used to be. I finally installed it for the first time on my n3DS and it's wonderful. I feel like one of the big boys now.

Probably. Sky3DS is pretty shit.

The fuck... Is 3dsiso nuked? I can't access it at all?

Is there any way to backup my Vita saves without backing up an entire game on my PC?

If you're on tai/henkaku then yeah, using savemgr or rincheat (savemgr is better imo)

working fine for me

Mario Maker 3DS already has an update out kek.

and everyone who downloads it will get banned. just like SM players. some people never learn.

>have USB drive I used for the Wii for forever
>think it will work with the WiiU since it worked for the Wii
>it doesn't

Do you guys have any suggestions for drives for it? It would be nice to get one that doesn't need a Y-cable or external power if that's possible.

Why is the WiiU so shitty that it can't power drives over USB?

I've got a 64gb flash drive for cheap. No point buying a hardrive when the Wii U doesn't even have that many games.

What mods are available for my ps2? I heard I can play games off a usb stick or from an external hd. Is that true?

Yes but USB is so slow that you don't want to.

How can I change from rxtools to luma3ds?
I currently have an old eu 3ds on 4.5.
And will it overwrite my current Emunand?

>4.5
Christ.

Just delete your boot.3dsx and replace it with Luma's if you're using Menuhax.

>inject FBI into H&S
>finish installing stuff, reinject regular H&S into 3DS
>the menu logo for health and safety is still FBI

This is triggering me
How do I fix this? Do I need to download a fresh H&S or something?

Then again, you'd have a hard time using Menuhax on 4.5 as it doesn't exist. Advice still applies though. Or replace MSET if that's what you use.

Why is Rhythm Paradise Megamix not yet on 3ds.titlekeys.com?

Play them off network, it's slightly faster for most games

Im currently using mset hack (ds profile) to access rxtools emunand.
Ive also tried replacing files with luma3ds also replaced mset with luma3ds one but whenever I try to access the ds profile it shows an error and the system reboots

Grab the 9.2 update files for your model®ion and use sysdowngrader in update mode (not downgrade, no need).
You can then either follow the guide and finish the job properly or make the switch to luma and install menuhax to continue using your primitive emunand setup no problem.
I recommend following the guide for a complete solution.

there is no hope for installing psp games in vita without a demo/game for psp?

Sure. You just have to buy them.

on ps3

Question, can I have my a9lh n3ds use boot images when turning on menuhax style?

There's another way apparently.

Yeah. It just adds to the boot time though.